Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sons Of Anarchy [FX (US) -Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

IMVHO they tried to stick with a formula for each season, this season was getting Abel back, last season was Gemma's attack, it didn't work as well this year because they didn't have the intertwined stories going on around Charming, next season hopefully they'll have learnt their lessons from it and stick to around Charming, with the Mian's still around, the police issues, mayoral elections, the Russians, still 1 of the best shows on TV for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,855 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

is there a child abduction in hamlet?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Loosely is the key :)

I think it's to do with the prince's father being killed by his mother and her lover and then having to be prince to the new king. It could also be to do with the confliction that the prince goes through due to the requirements of being prince and an individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

Enjoyed that episode must say!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,365 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

A great finale so glad Jimmy O and Stahl are dead - Opie got revenge for Donna and it was a nice touch with Chibs slashing Jimmy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Tristram wrote: »
    Enjoyed that episode must say!
    Indeed, Agent Stahl is some piece of work. Glad she got killed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

That was an amazing final episode of the season. Jax having the last laugh was always going to be a sure thing but I had no idea how it would play out. Great use of Neil Young in the background too.

Next season will be a war with the Russians no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    That was an amazing final episode of the season. Jax having the last laugh was always going to be a sure thing but I had no idea how it would play out. Great use of Neil Young in the background too.
    Next season will be a war with the Russians no doubt.

Loved that version of the song, had not heard it before. It really fitted in with the ending. Great episode. Wonder what will happen next season. Surely the Myans will take over Charming.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Does Jax have another brother Thomas?

Thomas was the brother that died from "the family illness" when he was younger.

Great final episode, played out very well, the most interesting point of next season will be when the timelines will be, whether it'll be with the few remaining members on the outside or after the members get released from prison. I'd imagine the Irish will be on the side of the club against the Russians.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

looks set to be a russian vs sons and IRA war, excellent last episode , there were so many mediocre episodes this season this really was a back on top form episode . now the long wait for next season , hopefully breaking bad will start up soon in the new year and keep me going

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Excellent finale to a poor season. While it was nice to see Stahl being topped the show loses one of its consistently interesting characters. Jimmy deserved to die for his accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

Jimmy deserved to die for his accent.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,855 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

so they guys knew what jacks was up to for the whole season since he spoke to stahl first at the end of the last season!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

so they guys knew what jacks was up to for the whole season since he spoke to stahl first at the end of the last season!

That's one thing I didn't quite get. Did Jax tell them from the beginning, or even before he first spoke to Stahl, or was it later on? If later, then he did betray the club, as it could have gone either way. I would have preferred if they had dropped little hints that he might be double crossing her, it would have made it more believable.

Very good finale though, with more closure at the end then in the previous seasons. No big cliff hanger ending, except that they're all off to prison. Only begs the question of where the next season will begin, either in prison or after they get out. I'm guessing out, otherwise it'll be prison break, or like the episodes last year when they were in prison.

I think the story may turn back to where it began too, now that Tara has read the letters from John, that describe how Clay and Gemma were going to kill him. I don't think Jax is aware of any of this, so this might be another turning point for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 SAMCRO

That letter Tara was reading was very Hamlet-esque lol

Mrs. Clareman saw the last 10 minutes of the last episode last night and was hooked, am currently watching the first episode again, sure as hell beats another episode of Grey's Anatomy or Life Unexpected

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

surley after 3 seasons its time to bring otto out??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

caspa307 wrote: »
    surley after 3 seasons its time to bring otto out??

Otto's on "the row", won't be seeing him again I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭CountryJoe

Really enjoyed the finale, was without doubt the best episode this season by far. The whole going to Ireland ruined it for me, and the accents were terrible. Aside from that, it was good to see Stahl get her dues in the end, well deserved. Cant wait now for season 4, Sons V The Russians , & Jacs finding out Clay & Gemma were behind his fathers death.
    Jimmy deserved to die for his accent.
    Amen to that brother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

.. Jimmy deserved to die for his accent.

Saw same actor in The Town and he commited a similar crime on the Boston accent :eek:.

Just finished watching the finale. Sorry, in a way, to see Stahl killed off - hers was a good role. I was never quite sure what was going on between her and Jax and the various twists and turns taken over the season. The finale was good - certainly better than the Season 2 one, not that that was difficult :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

best line of the series??

i gotta go with clay telling gemma that they made a deal with irish kings "red headed godfathers"

Sorry, best lines have to have been from Belfast

"I nearly shagged my brother ma", "unless we want 2 headed grand kids we better get in there", "some slut" "he sure is". Sorry for paraphrasing :)

I watched the first episode last night, Thomas was Jax's younger brother and died from the "family flaw" before John wrote his book (which was dated 1993)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Playing catch-up again,only just watched the finale. Great end to the season,everything thats good about the show in one episode. The series lost momentum when it went to Belfast imo,was so much better when they went back to Charming.

Whilst Stahl was a very interesting character i was delighted to see her go. Evil bitch. Same for Jimmy and his diddly-i/cockney accent. Can't wait to see what they do with season 4.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Good ending - A touch of Michael Corleone.

Unser displayed a lot more moral flexibility than he usually does. Very cold, offering a joint to yer one while knowing that her brains will shortly be splattered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Overall Season 3 was pretty poor. I think the Irish thing ruined it for me too. I wonder if we weren't Irish would we have found it as bad? I found the accents and the IRA references a bit embarrassing but perhaps to audiences not from/in Ireland it was great!

The final episode, though, made up for everything. One of the best season finale's I've seen in a very long time. All is forgiven!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

I think the Irish thing ruined it for me too. I wonder if we weren't Irish would we have found it as bad?
    All of my American friends thought the Irish thing was wicked. So I guess it's just us then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

DeWitt wrote: »
    All of my American friends thought the Irish thing was wicked. So I guess it's just us then.

Ah I suspected as much.

I bet any Russian viewers will hate next season but we'll be loving it! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

**** that was an awful season of television. Cringeworthy from 1st to last moment. The ending was ok but how can you redeem such rubbish. This show has sufferred from a few major faults. Killing off Hale was stupid, he was a great protaganist, a much better character than Stahl and a better actor too. Focusing blindly on the Irish plotline was the other main problem. It was awful, can't say much more about it really. This show has to do a huge amount to redeem itself next season. I actually can't remember half the character's names due to the plot driven way this season went about. Some character building next season please, back to what was good about the 1st 2 seasons.

• Advertisement

I'm back watching season 1 now, great show, up there with Sopranos with having things showing up in early episodes but mattering at the latest ones

Advertisement