Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sons Of Anarchy [FX (US) -Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Yep, I think Tara has a target on her head now. Unless maybe her and Jackson figure out what's happening and turn it back on Clay and Gemma. Maybe Gemma could go, but the show would suffer without her, where as it wouldn't suffer so much without Tara.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

At least there seems to be some attempt to give the show a neat ending with the agreement between Clay and Jax to both get out. Obviously it won't be a happy ending but the show could hardly continue after that. Or could it? Money talks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Well Clay said he's got 1 - 2 years left in his hands before he has to leave so you'd be talking the end of season 6 at least if they wanted to play it out that way and 6 - 7 season is about as far as most shows would go anyway so I dont think they'd need a situation where the show's trying to go on without both Clay and Jax.

I think some of the above posters might have it right when they say Tara has a target on her now. A possible ending could be Tara getting killed by Clay & Gemma with Jax then seeing his only remaining family is the club so he sticks around as president. Since Clay & Gemma (& Unser?) seem to have killed John Teller for the good of the club I can see them doing the same to Tara giving Jax no option but to remain and become president.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i read somewhre the show has a 7 season arc, like the shield so I was happy to hear clay say that. i'd imagine he'll stick around for the full 7 seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Was that Sen Dog from Cypress hill with the Cartel?

Also, I got the feeling from the latest episode that we'll be saying goodbye to Opie this season

• Advertisement

well danny trejo was there anyway, i also lol'd to see the tight-ass captain from the shield playing it up on the wrong side of the law

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

well danny trejo was there anyway, i also lol'd to see the tight-ass captain from the shield playing it up on the wrong side of the law

Yeah I find it too hard to believe David Acevada is part of a cartel :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,788 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ya Aceveda just didn't pull off the 'cartel' look, especially carrying the extra few pounds. Always happy to see The Shield characters in there. Bring in Vic Mackey to clean up Charming!

Almost cheered when Trejo started blasting the guns!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

wait what aceveda was part of the cartel damn i missed that bit have to check it out when i get home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

Who do they explain killing a ATF agent at end of last season
    surely that would bring all sorts of heat on them
    does the RA get pinned with that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,939 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Yup thats what the painting of the cross in blood on the car is for

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

they do have all sorts of heat, they have that DA in the cop station who looks like a warlock putting their photos all over his walls

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Luther & Vandross!:pac::pac:

6-5.. only way it should have been really. wonder how the juice angle is gona play out. maybe i'm incredibly naieve but i dunno if his dad being black would be a murdering issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Getting tasty now. Clay is "giving his word" to everyone in order to get what HE wants. His treatment of Gemma really showed how far gone he is. Will there be a power struggle to stop Clay or will the MC hold it together for the sake of the MC? And what'll happen to poor old Juice? It could be just a threat that hangs over his head and i'm hoping the MC don't disavow him and kick him out.

Roll on next Wednesday.:)

...... maybe i'm incredibly naieve but i dunno if his dad being black would be a murdering issue.

Lemonhead calling the black guy 'buckwheat' surprised me, but I guess the writers threw that in to let us know that some of the club aint too friendly to black folk

I saw that as him just trying to insult the guy, rather than having any real racial malice behind it.. if you don't know anything about somebody, going for the obvious easy choice for an insult is the most efficient way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Having drank with a few bikers in NY, it wouldn;t surprise me if SamCro were a bunch of racists. And I think that's what C-Note was aiming at with Juice

• Registered Users Posts: 29,788 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

C-Note thats his name!! Thanks man! What is Lem's name in SOA? I thought the black kid was racist to him first, thats why he called him buckwheat. Can't wait to see a scene where Ronnie has to arrest Lem or something. Every episode has delivered so far for me anyway, great start to the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,939 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Not too sure about this whole Juice situation being a problem as i seem to remember there being a sister chapter last season of all black guys, are the writers just retconning racism into the club?

• Advertisement

i remember clay saying "we have no problem with colour" to uh.. the 9'ers? in season 2 or something, although that could have been just a "to do business with"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Great ep, 3 for 3 right now. It's all looking good. I can see one of the SAMCRO guys biting it by seasons end, and I'm seriously hoping Tara doesn't have a bullseye on her back too.

i remember clay saying "we have no problem with colour" to uh.. the 9'ers? in season 2 or something, although that could have been just a "to do business with"

Oh yeah, I think Clay said it to the sherrif last week when the clubhouse was being raided

• Registered Users Posts: 11,814 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

well its the guy who isn't sure about it. obviously its a complex he has.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭crank_1975

I think the MC is quite racist, there have been multiple previous references to ni**ers and wetbacks, the Black MC is a sister charter as previously mentioned but it would appear that they are unable to join SAMCRO directly.

Obvoiusly when it comes to business Clay has no problems with colour, having dealt with the Oakland gang and the mexican cartel

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Can I ask where everyone is watching season 4? When I go to FX, it won't let me view it from my current location.
    Am desperate to see it.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

lord lucan wrote: »
    Getting tasty now. Clay is "giving his word" to everyone in order to get what HE wants. His treatment of Gemma really showed how far gone he is. Will there be a power struggle to stop Clay or will the MC hold it together for the sake of the MC? And what'll happen to poor old Juice? It could be just a threat that hangs over his head and i'm hoping the MC don't disavow him and kick him out.

Roll on next Wednesday.:)

In fairness to Clay this attitude is pretty out of the ordinary for him, the seed of this attititude was actually planted earlier by Jax when he told Clay to ignore his mom she was his old Lady not a member of SAMCRO when they were making their deal .

wow, did everyone stop watching at the same time?

just watched last nights ep.. poor juice.. kids' digging himself deeper and deeper, and he's not the VP so I don't see him thinking up a clever solution to this. bad things are going to come of this :(
    bobby lying to otto... I wonder if that's gonna come up again

also.. clay/gemma and those letters. Clay not even thinking twice about killing you know who and you also know who... I knew he was dark, but god damn.. he just doesn't give too ****s who he kills. Piney's not looking too secure in his position at SamCro.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

THis season feels kinda off to me so far. While the letters with Clay/Gemma vs Piny/Tera and the deal with the cartel the whole Juice plot is just bollocks.

We saw last season SAMCO working with an all black gang not to mention last weeks other Son's chapter with not only black members but a black leader and yet the main crew will screw Juice coz of his farther who the guy never even knew?

Just seems a really lazy way for the new sheriff and DA to hit on the MC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Anachrony

Venom wrote: »
    We saw last season SAMCO working with an all black gang not to mention last weeks other Son's chapter with not only black members but a black leader and yet the main crew will screw Juice coz of his farther who the guy never even knew?

I thought the leader from the previous episode was latino, not black. I think the character is named Armando. I can't tell the ethnicity of the actor, but he usually plays characters with Spanish sounding names.

There is some very weird race stuff going on within outlaw motorcycle clubs. You can't approach it from an entirely rational mindset and expect that they'd see things the same way as you. If they were rational, enlighted people, they wouldn't be in an outlaw motorcycle club. It doesn't make much sense to me either, but apparently the way they are depicting it is fairly realistic.

Many of these clubs have a strict no black rule. If they're Latino or Asian, it's negotiable, but black isn't. And in some cases it's not reflective of the attitudes of the members making up the club, but it's something handed down in the rules of the club even though current members don't have much reason for the rules other than tradition.

So there are major motorcycle clubs where you will see some non-white members, but no black members, yet they will have good relations and do business with some other clubs that are black. Racism isn't their primary motivation, so they aren't as obnoxious about it as an organization centered around race, but they have very strict rules about membership for historical reasons which they don't change.

Advertisement