Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sons Of Anarchy [FX (US) -Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Just watched the 2 shows this evening, was hard to wait this long, am I the only person who thought the whole thing was dragged out a bit, it would have been far better paced if there was only 1 episode and almost have a rush to the end like the last couple of season finales.

Next season is going to be epic,
    you've Clay been disposed, Daddy of the dead girl looking for revenge, Gemma vs. Tara, Tig being "demoted", Unser dealing with the fall out, Opie coming back in, Bobby in prison, few more members coming back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Been watching the shield recently, been noticing more and more similarities in the two shows, in terms of actors mostly even down to cameos theres loads of actors that appear in both shows.

Also just realised that the 1-9ers gang appears in both shows, maybe that's why The Shield clip was featured in?

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

I didn't care for how this season turned out, I did enjoy it while it was on though. I'll probably tune in next season to see how Tara's role develops, and how Clay gets on with being the new Piney.
    We've had new stuff in all the seasons so far, but next season looks already pretty well mapped out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

curry-muff wrote: »
    Been watching the shield recently, been noticing more and more similarities in the two shows, in terms of actors mostly even down to cameos theres loads of actors that appear in both shows.

Also just realised that the 1-9ers gang appears in both shows, maybe that's why The Shield clip was featured in?

The writer (creator?) of SOA Kurt Sutter was a writer/producer on The Shield.

I got hooked on the Shield 2 years ago during my study leave before exams...The Shield cost me my exams and had to repeat :o

I like the nods to The Shield and some of the actors appearing on SOA.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the best shield cameo was still lem
    laughed my ass off when "it" happened in sons of anarchy, altough I was close to tears when it happened in the shield

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

the best shield cameo was still lem
    laughed my ass off when "it" happened in sons of anarchy, altough I was close to tears when it happened in the shield

:confused:
    Do you mean the way Lem exited in both series?

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 29,785 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ya Lem saying 'You gotta be sh*tting me' was a clear throwback to the Shield. Classic Cutter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Only just got round to watching this.

Have watched season one and almost all of season two in the last few days.
    Top notch show, can't wait to get deeper into it. I kinda wanna be a scoundrel biker now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

Da Bounca wrote: »

Top notch show, can't wait to get deeper into it. I kinda wanna be a scoundrel biker now.

have fun

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

Only watch the last 3 eps of season 3, then move on to season 4 quickly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Do you mean an 'outlaw' biker?.
    red dave wrote: »

Amen to that one!. Season III was just so poor then damn those final episodes came to restore my faith in SOA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Didn't like the whole Oirish thing but I thought the non Irish stuff was good in season 3.

Roanmore wrote: »
    Didn't like the whole Oirish thing but I thought the non Irish stuff was good in season 3.

I thought it would have been nice to have season III sub-titled for us Irish who couldn't understand the Oirish accents :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Indeed, the plastic paddy stuff of Season 3 was some of the most appalling TV I've ever seen. They even changed the intro to some diddly eye music, cringe. It's hard to believe that the same writer wrote the crap of Season 3 and then the gold of Season 4.

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Indeed, the plastic paddy stuff of Season 3 was some of the most appalling TV I've ever seen. They even changed the intro to some diddly eye music, cringe. It's hard to believe that the same writer wrote the crap of Season 3 and then the gold of Season 4.

Here 'tis in all its glory :(

Other than the awful Oirish stuff its been just amazing, I was dreading season four coming to an end.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,093 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Renewed for 5th and 6th seasons :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

When is it back?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,093 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

When is it back?

Sept 2012 would be my guess

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Renewed for 5th and 6th seasons :)

I think its 6th and 7th as it was already confirmed last year for a fifth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I think its 6th and 7th as it was already confirmed last year for a fifth.

yeah 5th was unofficially confirmed about 4 episodes in then sutter said he wanted to end it on the 4th season ,cue mass uproar on twitter hence the extra episode we got this year lol, but he has said he dosent want to turn into friends LOL

http://www.examiner.com/tv-in-national/fx-renews-sons-of-anarchy-for-season-6-before-season-5-even-premieres

http://www.tvfanatic.com/2012/01/sons-of-anarchy-scoop-kurt-sutter-signs-on-through-season-seven/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

1st season was enjoyable, the 2nd got a bit daft towards the end. Made it halfway through the 3rd season before giving up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    1st season was enjoyable, the 2nd got a bit daft towards the end. Made it halfway through the 3rd season before giving up.

Dear god man watch the 4th series...actually skip the 3rd completely...maybe watch the last 2 episodes...but the 4th is back to the good old days of the first series

• Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Yeah I might give it another bash, myself and the missus just found the 3rd season hard to follow.

i watched most of the third series with a friend who'd already seen it, and we just spent the few hours chatting so i actually missed an awful lot of it.

what I did see of it was so bad I actually didn't care about what I'd missed, I just asked my friend to fill me in on the details before he went home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Can't wait for it to come back for season 5
    Season 4 was back on track, Season 3 was alright but for Jimmy's accent, sweet jesus I've never heard the like, makes Tom Cruises from "far and away" sound perfect.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Kurt Sutter has been talking of a Sons of Anarchy Prequel focusing on the First 9.
    Sounds like an incredible idea to me.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Kurt Sutter has been talking of a Sons of Anarchy Prequel focusing on the First 9.
    Sounds like an incredible idea to me.

That would be brilliant!!!

sheehy83 wrote: »
    That would be brilliant!!!

some details on it that i found

http://m.craveonline.com/tv/articles/182789-sons-of-anarchy-prequel-series-breakdown

• Advertisement

haha just reading that same link. I spose they would need younger looking actors or a really good make up artist department.

Sons_of_Anarchy_First_9.jpg?1328739661

Advertisement