Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sons Of Anarchy [FX (US) -Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

This is the song from the start of the episode, it's a cover of Stevie Wonders' "Higher Ground". Top notch music as usual!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Temaz wrote: »
    Good start to the season, Clay scheming to get back his status should make excellent tv.

It would but it would also be predictable - I hope they avoid that obvious route.

Enjoyed the first episode.
    Whatever happens, you just know the black guy eating the ice cream is an eventual dead man for obvious reasons.
    (Avoiding spoilers above if possible)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭squonk

I just finished SOA Season 4. It turned into a bit of a marathon actually because overall it was a great season. Was the show in danger of being cancelled and did it get a reprieve at the last minute, or was it planned to end and did FX ask Kurt Sutter to keep it going?

The reason I ask is because it looked like the show was going to wrap up perfectly.
    Clay was going to get his comeuppance, the club might have ended up in the clink or else managed to broker a deal and Jax would have gotten out.

What ruined the season for me was that
    the whole RICO plot just got dumped at the last minute and the drug dealers turned into CIA agents. That Tara heist looked pretty real.
    Maybe it was planned but if so it was a little stupid.
    The assistant DA was a great character but overall it was a whole big sub plot that went nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭branners69

You have a lot of spoilers there you might want to hide??

I enjoyed Season 4, Season 5 has justed started in the US so will be good to see what way it goes!

Acknowledged! Fixed my post. Mind you I thoght a lot of people might have caught up by now anyway. In any case, I'm ready for Season 5 now but I really hope it goes somewhere interesting and isn't just a filler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

squonk wrote: »
    Acknowledged! Fixed my post. Mind you I thoght a lot of people might have caught up by now anyway. In any case, I'm ready for Season 5 now but I really hope it goes somewhere interesting and isn't just a filler.

Season 4 was planned, yes it kinda setup the way you said and was sort of dumped at the end but it was all planned by sutter as a lead in for season 5 and the big changes, I like to think it was all an apology for season 3

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I dont think that it was in danger of being cancelled, as far as I can remember, it was renewed for 2 seasons after the first or 2nd episode of Season 3.

But there was alot of negotiations throughout the scheduling of seaon 4 so that the finale could be split in 2 with an hour and a half long final epsiode.

I think that your spoilers are all just the twists that Sutter puts into the show and setups for the next season.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I was blown away by the first epsisode. Excellent TV.

Firstly, to clear up the final scene, that was the nomads who broke in and attacked Unser, the prostethic leg was the clue left for us. It belongs to Greg The Peg who was at the table earlier in the episode. We didnt see the 'peg' leg, but it was alluded to in his moniker and the clanking noise when it hit Filthy Phils shoulder.

It is also assumed that they were involved in the other home invasions mentioned.

I though it might be Pope who has reached out to involve the Nomads, but in retrospect, this all points to Clay. The Nomad charter was disbanded and the Niners would not have the clout to know that. (As far as I know in the real world, Nomad charters cant disband). Clay would have 'recruited' those 3 to join up with Samcro do do some dirty work to help Clay get back to the top.
    The reason why Clay is so upset about not being able to start his bike is because he can never be President, or any high ranking member of the club unless he can ride. I expect to see more struggles with him trying to get back on his bike.
    I loved how they also just turned Clay into Piney, same seat at the table, same movement, same gas tank. But Clay would never be as weak as he his showing which furthers my thoughts on the Nomad recruitment. I think he is also trying to guage where Tig is and if he can get him onside.

Tig is going to have a major role now, I envision some sort of lone guner revenge against the 9ers.....not just one or 2 of them, all of them.

Pope's introduction lays out how he is going to be, a ruthless bad a$s, but a clever one.

The other guy that Gemma banged is part of the Byz-Latz i believe. Anyone familiar with The Shield will know who they are....The One-Niners are also taken from The Shield.
    So the boys hiding out with the ByzLats should lead to some interesting stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭branners69

VinLieger wrote: »
    ...I like to think it was all an apology for season 3

Couldnt agree more, Season 3 is best forgotten!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,016 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Boom_Bap wrote: »

The other guy that Gemma banged is part of the Byz-Latz i believe. Anyone familiar with The Shield will know who they are....The One-Niners are also taken from The Shield.
    So the boys hiding out with the ByzLats should lead to some interesting stories.

Have we had the Armenians yet? that must be the last gang we need to complete the set? :)

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Have we had the Armenians yet? that must be the last gang we need to complete the set? :)

no Armenians yet.....but there are lots of others from The Shield that might make an appearance:

The Horde (Bikers)
    K-Town Killers - although these may be the guys that SOA supplied the 'film stars' to in exchange for weapons...and who they got Chucky back from.
    E-Park Johnnies
    Farmtown12
    Splash Posse
    Spookstreet Souljahs
    Los Magnifico's
    Los Profeta's
    El salvadorians
    los Toro's

But I doubt we'll see any more of them, unless the 1-9ers get backup from SpookStreet or from the Splash Possie. :D

I enjoyed season 3, it was just the accents and the obvious cuts of Norn Iron interspered with Cali made to look like Norn Iron and the harmless murals that made it bad. The finale was great. Titus Welliver cannot maintain a nordie accent for more than a minute!

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    no Armenians yet.....but there are lots of others from The Shield that might make an appearance:

The Horde (Bikers)
    K-Town Killers - although these may be the guys that SOA supplied the 'film stars' to in exchange for weapons...and who they got Chucky back from.
    E-Park Johnnies
    Farmtown12
    Splash Posse
    Spookstreet Souljahs
    Los Magnifico's
    Los Profeta's
    El salvadorians
    los Toro's

But I doubt we'll see any more of them, unless the 1-9ers get backup from SpookStreet or from the Splash Possie. :D

Looking at that list I'm half expecting Baseball Furies or the Rogues to be listed.
    Season 6 - The Sons square off against their greatest threat yet: The Lizzies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

We did see the leg as I said before
    The actor is a prosthetic leg user

iwpkb.jpg

He also rides BMX in X-Games.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 350 ✭✭CRM Ireland

Just watched the first episode of Season 5 last night. I was bored for the first 25 minutes, thinking to myself "oh no, I feel like I cant be bothered to watch this, it just seems so fake" then suddenly loads happened and it got really exciting again.

So glad all the TV seasons are starting to come back on, just waiting for the next Dexter season to start now!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

First episode was great,some no-holds barred stuff
    especially when Pope burnt Tig's daughter to death in front of him
    Wasn't expecting Clay's admission of what he'd done even if he half told the truth.

If this sets the tone for the rest of season 5,it's gonna be great.

the bolt wrote: »
    any idea when its on sky?

Never, sky dont show it, RTE used to but at odd hours after 12 and i dont think they ever did series 4

• Registered Users Posts: 55,500 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Some parallel SOA discussion threads have been merged into the master thread. :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 350 ✭✭CRM Ireland

Did anyone else think that Tig's acting during the daughter scene was incredibly fake. In fact it was so utterly bad considering the circumstances, Im amazed they didnt think about redoing it with another actor seeing as his acting abilities were so dire. I cant describe the scene too much, to justify what I thought was abysmal about it without giving too much away. I dont know how to do that spoiler thing which blanks the text.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Aye, it was pretty crap considering the gravity of the situation...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Agreed he didn't sell it well at all .

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭connollys

I thought it was strange aswell, but have since read interviews with Kim Coates about it and then re-watched and explains more as to why he acted it the way he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

It felt like i was watching an emotion chipless Data approximating what an upset person would sound like .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

Yeah it wasn't the best reaction to a situation as devastating as that.

But in episode two, Tig showed a lot more of his human side when found at the dockyard and when he confronted his daughter Fawn.

Does anyone else notice Tig becoming increasingly racist toward blacks ? You can hear him muttering everytime he comes in contact with one. I reckon Kurt Sutter is still trying to touch off the racist element with Damon Pope and co.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,785 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ya thought his reaction was crap last week but much better this, way more emotion. Im liking the pimp, the gane of chicken was class

Can someone explain to me what the deal is with Danny Trejo and Benito Martinez's characters? I don't think I picked up on what was happening. Is it that they are undercover for CIA and are pressuring the Sons to help take down the Irish?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me what the deal is with Danny Trejo and Benito Martinez's characters? I don't think I picked up on what was happening. Is it that they are undercover for CIA and are pressuring the Sons to help take down the Irish?

Yes they are with the CIA and are using the Sons to help one of the mexican cartels beat the other so they can then control the chaos

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭crank_1975

VinLieger wrote: »
    Never, sky dont show it, RTE used to but at odd hours after 12 and i dont think they ever did series 4

It used to be on Bravo and I definitely read somewhere that it was going to be on Sky, similar to the way Spartacus moved to Sky when Bravo closed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,093 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

crank_1975 wrote: »
    It used to be on Bravo and I definitely read somewhere that it was going to be on Sky, similar to the way Spartacus moved to Sky when Bravo closed.

Channel 5 or 5 USA also aired SOA I think they finished up showing season 4 so expect season 5 in 2013 sometime

Advertisement