Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sons Of Anarchy [FX (US) -Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭gidget

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

gidget wrote: »
    Just read this on TMZ that Johnny Lewis who played Half Sack was killed yesterday.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/09/27/sons-of-anarchy-actor-johnny-lewis-double-death-los-feliz-los-angeles/

How strange!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,785 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I wish SoA had it's own forum like Breaking Bad but I know it has a smaller fan base. Nearly a spoiler in every email notification I got, will have to unfollow the thread.

Anyway, Seems like Jax's acting is getting worse. Will miss Ope in it but so glad it wasn't Chibs! Gemma's tantrum was ridiculous and Tara is fooling no one. For some reason ,this episode made me really miss The Shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I wish SoA had it's own forum like Breaking Bad but I know it has a smaller fan base. Nearly a spoiler in every email notification I got, will have to unfollow the thread.

Anyway, Seems like Jax's acting is getting worse. Will miss Ope in it but so glad it wasn't Chibs! Gemma's tantrum was ridiculous and Tara is fooling no one. For some reason ,this episode made me really miss The Shield.

Jax acting getting worse ?

I think Hunnam's been doing a great job since season 4. A lot better than that boy band, kurt cobain look with the goldilocks hair in season 1 & 2.

He's becoming more of man and leader the club needs now in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Jax Teller had a real Liam Neeson moment with the guard at the end of the episode. Brilliant stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,093 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    gidget wrote: »

RIP

Just came on to post this!! Bizarre and sad!!

RIP Halfsack

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Rip the famous murderer but not the victim?? Really??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 350 ✭✭CRM Ireland

sheehy83 wrote: »

Anyway, Seems like Jax's acting is getting worse.

What? This is the first time that I actually thought his acting was impressive. The entire series has suddenly come back to life. I was getting really bored and it all became a bit dull and stupid. I forced myself through a lot of episodes from the previous seasons, basically because I didnt have anything much better to watch at the time.

This season so far has gripped me, and I cant believe I was absolutely gutted when that big bear grabbed Opie and they dived in on him. I could have cried at that stage. SOA has never gotten to me like that in all the previous episodes.

What I never understand about this whole thing, is why dont SOA just go and kill Pope. There are quite a few of the MC, and all are heavily armed. Pope goes about with a few guards of course, but it wouldnt be hard to kill him. Who would be there to avenge his death? How could Jax accept under any circumstances, that his best friend was just murdered in front of him, and then go and pay half the money they make to Pope? He is just one individual man, who's life is just as fragile as anyones. Id pull the trigger myself!

I literally just watched the episode, can you tell Im still angry!!!!:mad:

• Advertisement

Anyone else find the numerous posts online regarding what a tragedy Johnny Lewis's suicide is a little hard to take. Don't get me wrong, any suicide is tragic but this is a man who is believed to have beaten an 81 year old woman to death with a piece if 2x4. Even with that in mind most comments regarding the situation are along the lines as to what a tragedy his death is or what a loss it is considering how good an actor he was. Few people acknowledge his despicable actions in the moments leading up to his death.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

What? This is the first time that I actually thought his acting was impressive. The entire series has suddenly come back to life. I was getting really bored and it all became a bit dull and stupid. I forced myself through a lot of episodes from the previous seasons, basically because I didnt have anything much better to watch at the time.

This season so far has gripped me, and I cant believe I was absolutely gutted when that big bear grabbed Opie and they dived in on him. I could have cried at that stage. SOA has never gotten to me like that in all the previous episodes.

What I never understand about this whole thing, is why dont SOA just go and kill Pope. There are quite a few of the MC, and all are heavily armed. Pope goes about with a few guards of course, but it wouldnt be hard to kill him. Who would be there to avenge his death? How could Jax accept under any circumstances, that his best friend was just murdered in front of him, and then go and pay half the money they make to Pope? He is just one individual man, who's life is just as fragile as anyones. Id pull the trigger myself!

I literally just watched the episode, can you tell Im still angry!!!!:mad:
    really enjoying it up to a point, but wow it is graphic, i left the room after opie got taken as i was sorry i sat through the scene with tigs daughter.
    I know things are bad for them, but having re-watched some of season one episodes, the humour and cheekiness is going out of it. this week with juice we saw some, but it is missing.
    Hoping this will be a good season, and tara improves, cant stand her

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Arawn wrote: »

I didt know the victim but have been a fan of Lewis since I saw him on an EP of criminal minds back when it was good. It's sad he killed someone and it's sad he is dead also.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,814 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

SOA: something terrible happens stays for the club, another terrible thing happens, stays for the club, another terrible thing happens...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

If he was on pcp or meth then it would explain the strangeness of the killing.

On SOA, really strong episode. You get a real sense of loss but I don't really want to see Jax become more ruthless.For me the whole show is about his struggle against the restlessness of Clays rule.

Unless the whole show is the tragedy of Jax

Early Thursday morning, “Sons of Anarchy” creator Kurt Sutter spoke out on Twitter about Lewis’ death, in which he said the rampage didn’t come as a complete surprise.

"not sure if folks know this yet, but johnny lewis (halfsack) died last
    night. the sad irony of it happening two days after opie's death is not lost on
    me. it was a tragic end for an extremely talented guy, who unfortunately had
    lost his way. i wish i could say that i was shocked by the events last night,
    but i was not. i am deeply sorry that an innocent life had to be thrown into
    his destructive path. yes, it's day or mourning, but it's also a day of
    awareness and gratitude. sadly, some of us carry the message by dying."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Just getting back to the series for a moment.. I noticed in this series (five) promo that Clay is back on two wheels and not riding Pineys trike;

When Jax goes off the bridge, do you think Clay makes another run for president and how would his recovery come about?.

Arawn wrote: »

RIP all involved

Sutter and FX must be annoyed with the media reports as they all state SOA actor even though he was in other shows and films and was killed off SOA at the end of season two

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Just getting back to the series for a moment.. I noticed in this series (five) promo that Clay is back on two wheels and not riding Pineys trike;

When Jax goes off the bridge, do you think Clay makes another run for president and how would his recovery come about?.

I think that promo is supposed to be representative of Jax going back in at the deep end of the club as opposed to something that actually happens in the show so I think that's why there may be some inaccuracies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I think that promo is supposed to be representative of Jax going back in at the deep end of the club as opposed to something that actually happens in the show so I think that's why there may be some inaccuracies.

Exactly its more of a metaphor for the pressures on Jax and also Gemma constantly trying to interfere and ending up causing problems

VinLieger wrote: »
    Exactly its more of a metaphor for the pressures on Jax and also Gemma constantly trying to interfere and ending up causing problems

First thing I thought when I saw it was "what are those two eejits doing standing on a bridge?" and "so Jax doesn't know how to perform an emergency stop?" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,016 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just watched this episode. I knew something important was going to happen when I saw Kurt Sutter as one of the writers. Great episode but also not(for the death. :()

Will be interesting to see Clay's reaction.

Oh and if Ashley Tisdale wants more adult roles she'll need to be less clothed. :P

Ashley Tisdale is in it for at least 3 episodes apparently. There's a photo of her online on the back of jax's bike during filming so we'll see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

This is the piece of music of played at the wake - once again SOA has some of the best music I have heard on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

Kilkenny14 wrote: »
    This is the piece of music of played at the wake - once again SOA has some of the best music I have heard on TV.

the amount of research that goes into the soundtrack is amazing deserves as much recognition as the writing

slow episode for me but still cant wait for next week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

It was a slow episode all right, but it builds up the story for the season nicely. Opies wake was very sad, cheers for finding the song, I was intending on asking on here this morning but slept in a while :pac: (Watched it live at 3am last night).

Theres obviously going to be trouble with the Byz Lats, they're not going to like the sons taking Neros business away from them and they'll never believe that the girl is dead.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Lads...i don't watch the show, but how did Ashley Tisdale do in her two episode arc?....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

By-pass other shows Richard and start watching the Sons immediately, it is 1 of the best shows ever. She didn't have much to say for herself, causes a bit of hassle for the club but nothing really to show for it, hard not to imagine her as whatever her character in Hellcats was (only watched that cause the wife likes it btw, honest).

That was 1 of the most gripping TV episodes ever, the wake with everyone putting something in the coffin was epic, a lot of movies wouldn't be able to get that much emotion in let alone a 45 minute TV series. Thanks for the music link, I was just going to look for it now.

As for the setup of the rest of the season, great episode for that, showing how the club is vurnerable, haven't seen that since the white power lot, how Gemma is now being controlled by Jax, Tara's turning to become Gemma.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Am I the only one who can't stand Gemma in this series, use to like her in previous seasons but I think there is too much of her this time.

Advertisement