Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sons Of Anarchy [FX (US) -Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I kept falling asleep, is it worth watching this episode again?.

The bit with the tranny was ok, the break in at the end was a bit of action and probably feck all in between.. Oh the fight, rubbish ~ cringe worthy imo.

tbh I'm losing interest in the show now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

touchy, the rest of us will continue to enjoy it

touchy, the rest of us will continue to enjoy it

I enjoyed it when they rode their bikes a bit more than they are now, I'm just finding this series a little tedious.

But I'll continue to watch it in the hope it gets kicked up a gear or two.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Great episode imvho, had me laughing out loud as well as worried about a character coupled with nice continuation of the distrust between Jax and the Irish, makes sense now why they just want Clay involved in the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,832 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaane wtf haha wasnt expecting that cameo, just glad Chicklis didnt play that part!

• Advertisement

Just when I thought I'd seen the last of Vendrells ass they go and bring it back! Ugh, shudder! Hilarious cameo, loving the nods to the Shield audience between
    Lem stepping on a mine and saying "you've gotta be kidding me" and "Venus van Damme"
    , we've pretty much had the whole Strike Team bar Vic, as well as Dutch and Aceveda. It would be pretty awesome to have Vic Mackey, working as a private detective, arrive in Charming for a cameo!

Anyway, besides the Shield fanboyism, I really enjoyed that episode as it has moved the storyline on a good bit. Thanks to some spoiling earlier in this thread we all can pretty much see who the home invaders are
    the nomads
    but all the same, with the Chief gunning for them now as well as Jax wanting the home invasions to stop, we could see a very interesting arc coming off that.

The fight scene was awful, absolutely awful. In this day and age surely they could have done better than that? They have had other scenes that didn't look like a bad video game.

I feel Gemma is getting far too much airtime at the moment. She is a central character for sure, but she's not doing a whole lot at the moment bar messing everything up and acting like a child.

Also, I really am intrigued by Clay this season. They're slow playing him but he definitely has an agenda and I like that they're not blowing out all their storylines in one go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

VinLieger wrote: »
    Really wanna know what the nomads are up to? Hitting Unsers house and now the sheriffs? Theres gotta be a plan behind it and not just random burglaries

I can't help but think it's somehow going to bring the Juice playing ball with the sheriff back into the show. I'm assuming the nomads are trying to frame the sons in some way and the sheriff doesn't even need an excuse.

Too much Gemma. I hate what they are doing with Tara. She used to be Jax's conscience, now she's a toker, hates her career and is a mini Gemma.

There is so much going on in the season, with only 13 episodes it's hard to even see where they're going and what will be tied up by the end.

The scene with the planner dude was funny, it was nice to see Juice and Tig bring that comedic element back into the show, it needs it sometimes.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I can't help but think it's somehow going to bring the Juice playing ball with the sheriff back into the show. I'm assuming the nomads are trying to frame the sons in some way and the sheriff doesn't even need an excuse.

I thought it was quite obvious that Clay has got the Nomads working for him from the last episode. Clay was in the police station and seen the Sherrifs wife go home, and decided to hang around. This was to ensure the Sherrif didnt leave so they could perform the HI on his wife.
    Too much Gemma. I hate what they are doing with Tara. She used to be Jax's conscience, now she's a toker, hates her career and is a mini Gemma.
    Gemma is pee-ing me off this season, too much focus on her and trying to manipulate everyone.[/quote]
    There is so much going on in the season, with only 13 episodes it's hard to even see where they're going and what will be tied up by the end.
    I was trying to summarise for myself everyrhing that is happening, my summary was that there is alot happening :)
    The scene with the planner dude was funny, it was nice to see Juice and Tig bring that comedic element back into the show, it needs it sometimes.
    Loved Tigs reaction to what was going on, and also the nod to The Shield. I was looking at Van Damme for a minute trying to figure out who it was before i had my Eureka moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I thought it was quite obvious that Clay has got the Nomads working for him from the last episode. Clay was in the police station and seen the Sherrifs wife go home, and decided to hang around. This was to ensure the Sherrif didnt leave so they could perform the HI on his wife.

Yeah I totally get that Clay is involved with the home invasions but I think it being tied up with the club is how the sheriff is going to come back down on top of Juice again. I mean that storyline is not just going to die.
    Gemma is pee-ing me off this season, too much focus on her and trying to manipulate everyone.

I was trying to summarise for myself everyrhing that is happening, my summary was that there is alot happening :)
    Loved Tigs reaction to what was going on, and also the nod to The Shield. I was looking at Van Damme for a minute trying to figure out who it was before i had my Eureka moment.

:pac: I think they need to keep that comedic element in it, there's some episodes (the one with Tig's daughter for instance) where the drama really needs to be broken up. Sometimes there's just so much hard stuff going on that you need a break. Like when Jax and Tara were getting married and Chibs said his little piece, it broke up the episode from being all about them going to jail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

Am I the only one who has a problem with those white nike trainers Jax wears ? Looks like a Black drug dealer from the waist down. Completely kills the biker image I think.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

The 1 part of the show that lets them down is how "clean" the bikers are, when they were in Belfast they had the whitest whites going, the guys in the Daz ads would have been proud of them.

MaxSteele wrote: »
    Am I the only one who has a problem with those white nike trainers Jax wears ? Looks like a Black drug dealer from the waist down. Completely kills the biker image I think.

Yup, its poxy.. But not as poxy as people out in the street wearing Son's of Anarchy hoodies/cringe :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

Yup, its poxy.. But not as poxy as people out in the street wearing Son's of Anarchy hoodies/cringe :pac:

............just bought a nomads hoody............ :eek:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

MaxSteele wrote: »

I was reading a bikers forum where they were slating the white runners. They would never ever ever stay so clean when riding.

I dont mind that so much, but there is a guy in Skerries or Howth that rides a 125cc and has a proper SOA cut with rockers on it. He also wears white manky runners and looks ridiculous. If he ever meets a real biker he might get into bother for wearing a cut.

I was reading a bikers forum where they were slating the white runners. They would never ever ever stay so clean when riding.

Not unless;

sox.jpg

:D

I dont mind that so much, but there is a guy in Skerries or Howth that rides a 125cc and has a proper SOA cut with rockers on it. He also wears white manky runners and looks ridiculous. If he ever meets a real biker he might get into bother for wearing a cut.[/QUOTE]

Here is one such idiot;

soacut1.jpg

'Real biker' as in an MC member?.. Well he wouldn't get into bother but he might have to take a little stick over it.. However if he wore it to a biker bar frequented by an MC crowd more than once or twice well he'd be told in no uncertain terms what to do with his SOA gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Love the L plate on the bike too.

The SOA patch looks cool but nobody in their right mind should wear it while on a bike.A t-shirt maybe but that's it.Saw a guy with an SOA hoody at the Ploughing Championship,it looked ok but I think he was trying too hard & just looked like a pretend biker.

On topic,the show is going from strength to strength & this season is shaping up nicely.

Saw a film last night '3,2,1 Frankie Goes Boom' with Charlie Dunham as the main character. Quirky comedy, not great but Chris O'Dowd is his usual funny self. Anyway, was gas when Clay makes an appearance. Someone was an SOA fan!

tumblr_mbutn78Qfb1qzlngto1_1280.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Clareman wrote: »

Me too and I certainly don't feel like the member of a MC when wearing it

Clareman wrote: »

Nice enough tee shirt, and certainly not as bad as those hoodies with the back patch and all the other flashes on the front. They're just cringy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Nice enough tee shirt, and certainly not as bad as those hoodies with the back patch and all the other flashes on the front. They're just cringy
    Whats so wrong with them? Unless the people wearing them are pretending to be bikers?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Ok episode, curious as to what pope is up to, dont trust him at all.
    Didnt expect Clay to be behind the break ins but couldnt be less surprised tbh as once you think about it he had to have been up to something

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

I have a feeling Pope only gave him the wardens address so he could record it and hold it against the Sons (Hidden cameras or something). There's no way he would have given him up otherwise, a warden in the local prison would have been too valuable to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

Clay up to his 'ol divilment again

I was thinking the exact same curry, I think pope had his guy plant a camera in the house sending jax into a trap, he is being way too nice to a club that killed his daughter.

And ya, clay with the nomads was no surprise. Hope tara doesnt start ho'ing herself to sutter and that she has a better plan.

Seemed a bit rushed to me, only a couple of episodes ago they were in prison, now they are avenging themselves, strange that a prison officer who was recently threatened with murder would be taken by surprise so easily. Can anyone tell me the significance behind the snow globe? Also, having the Nomads in his house like that, very convient although now that it brings it out in the open it brings another story arch together nicely with the Sherrif getting revenge, Clay coming back on top, Gemma finding herself, Doc trying to turn Otto, Bobby Elvis being out the loop cause not being in prison with the other guys, Tig being Jax's b!tch now.

Can't believe we're half way through the series already.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Good episode, yeah its a bit strange that Popes being so helpful to Jax and the club so be interesting to see what his angle is. Wonder if Tigs going to meet an unpleasant end when the Sheriff sees those scratches on his neck. He's bound to be the prime suspect until the DNA clears him but that could be too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just watched the last 2 episodes. Shane makes a very convincing transexual. So now just need Chiklis and Catherine Dent to put in appearances. Was trying to figure out if we've had more Shield or Deadwood appearances.

I was wondering what the significance of the snowglobe was as well. And what's the story with Unser's cancer?

Just thought as well, have we ever seen that new guy who was a probie last season on a bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭Penn

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just watched the last 2 episodes. Shane makes a very convincing transexual. So now just need Chiklis and Catherine Dent to put in appearances. Was trying to figure out if we've had more Shield or Deadwood appearances.

I was wondering what the significance of the snowglobe was as well. And what's the story with Unser's cancer?

Just thought as well, have we ever seen that new guy who was a probie last season on a bike?

I think the snow globe was playing "It's a small world", a theme from Disneyland. Probably just to offset how brutal the murder was by beating him to death with a snowglobe from Disneyland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,870 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

jax is bit slow on the uptake sometimes and the old sherrif must realise...

Advertisement