Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sons Of Anarchy [FX (US) -Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 350 ✭✭CRM Ireland

Loving the new brutal Jax. This is meant to be a hardened motorcycle club running guns for the IRA and drugs for cartels. Lets be honest, it should be brutal as can be. More gritty realism, mixed with a smattering of humour.

Wish there was a few more ride outs on the bikes, doing other club things such as actually enjoying riding their bikes.

MaxSteele wrote: »
    Am I the only one who has a problem with those white nike trainers Jax wears ? Looks like a Black drug dealer from the waist down. Completely kills the biker image I think.

Quick Google: http://www.menshealth.com/style/charlie-hunnam-style

Also:
    Interviewer: I've gotten some reader feedback from people who claim to be in motorcycle clubs, and the one complaint they keep bringing up is about Jax wearing sneakers when he rides instead of boots.

Kurt Sutter: The new subculture, Charlie (Hunnam) and I both did a lot of research hanging out with these guys in Oakland, there's a new wave of bikers, the prospects are influenced by the hip-hop culture. Guys that really want to be bikers are the guys that feel like they need to wear the uniform. Most of the guys I know, 40-odd-year full-patch members, these guys are on motorcycles all the time, they ride for comfort, that's why their bikes aren't all tricked out, they wear sneakers because they're comfortable, they don't have anything to prove. Especially if you have a death's head on your back, nobody's going to say "Why are you wearing sneakers?" But it's definitely influenced by these kids who are influenced by the hip hop culture, and one of the guys Charlie modeled his character after, who has since been gunned down and killed, was a guy who wore these clean white sneakers.

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/tv/index.ssf/2008/11/sons_of_anarchy_kurt_sutter_qa.html

Really loving this season. Clay and his hidden agenda is building slowly, and very nicely. Why is he sandbagging his health? He's some schemer.

The music playing over Jax beating the doc to death was class. So eery. It set a great scene.

Pope is a great addition to the show for me. He is calculated, capable and powerful. And nasty as.

Gemma is becoming extremely annoying this season, the whole angle with her and Nero and yer one topping herself is just crap. And now she looks like she's gonna get involved with a toyboy. Given the trajectory of her character, I can't see myself enjoying this next arc.

The plotline between Sutter and Tara is going to be interesting if as anticipated she keeps coming back.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Another great episode (with the exception of Gemma's parts). I think Tig having a scratch on his neck will definitely be caught by Roosevelt. Pope continues to be quite a good character, hard to tell what way that'll end up. After all, Tig did kill Pope's daughter, and Pope is still ultimately responsible for Opie's death. Interesting to see Juice slowly move more over to Clay's side too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Not unless;

sox.jpg

You stole my pic!! :p He showed up for Comic Con with that sock on his shoe so I would imagine he does that for all his big appearances, doesn't want to ruin his image, which is ironic because that is what ruins his image :pac:

I have seen patched members in a similar "uniform" and I'll admit to wearing trainers on the bike myself but never white :P

Very good episode last night. It's looking good now for the end of the season, can't wait to see what happens.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Penn wrote: »
    Another great episode (with the exception of Gemma's parts). I think Tig having a scratch on his neck will definitely be caught by Roosevelt. Pope continues to be quite a good character, hard to tell what way that'll end up. After all, Tig did kill Pope's daughter, and Pope is still ultimately responsible for Opie's death. Interesting to see Juice slowly move more over to Clay's side too.

I was wondering why they where lingering on the scratch on Tiggs neck for so long.
    Makes sence that Roosevelt is going to see that and think it was Tigg.

You can see that Clay is getting stronger (and hiding it) and he is getting members on his side. He doesnt have enough people to get a vote swung in his favour yet.....i think he is waiting on Tigg for that.
    He is planning something big to get his Presidents patch back.

I also dont think that Pope has a hidden agenda, he wants to get a good working relationship with Jax to keep himself further away from crime. He might even make a play to get Jax to join him and leave the club.....the thing about the 2% for himself is a bit off. Normally any money made would be club money.

We also finally seen Jole McHale appear
    he has been cast as a con-man and is obviously now going to rip off Gemma...or a least try
    If you've been following the casting news, there has been someone cast as the president of the Nomads who will be appearing soon. He is either siding with Clay or going to cause havoc with his 3 former memebers

This is shaping up nicely and we are only half way through the season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

You stole my pic!! :p He showed up for Comic Con with that sock on his shoe so I would imagine he does that for all his big appearances, doesn't want to ruin his image, which is ironic because that is what ruins his image :pac:

Nail on the head!.

I have seen patched members in a similar "uniform" and I'll admit to wearing trainers on the bike myself but never white :P

You've seen MC members wearing trainers and baggies here ~ name and shame the club :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,925 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

There's a trailer that was all over the place for Season 5, shows Jax going off a bridge. What's that all about? Is it going to happen? Could be how Clay gets the Pres patch back???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

scudzilla wrote: »
    There's a trailer that was all over the place for Season 5, shows Jax going off a bridge. What's that all about? Is it going to happen? Could be how Clay gets the Pres patch back???

trailer was discussed earlier apparently it signals jax's life spiralling out of control and what you see in the trailer may not actually happen in the show

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

caspa307 wrote: »
    trailer was discussed earlier apparently it signals jax's life spiralling out of control and what you see in the trailer may not actually happen in the show

That's just a promo trailer alright, just to signify events, not the actual events. I dont think there is a mountain or hill in Cali with SOA burned into it :)

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    That's just a promo trailer alright, just to signify events, not the actual events. I dont think there is a mountain or hill in Cali with SOA burned into it :)

lol point well made

• Advertisement

My God. The show is just able to pull out arc after arc which just punches you in the face harder than the last one. Abel?? IF the kid dies, or is permanently disfigured or something, Jax and Tara will go postal... which could send Gemma back to Clay.

I can't wait for next week, exactly half way through now and the season is starting to kick into full throttle. The black guys attacking Jax and Chibs at the end as well as Clays weaseling suggest to me that Clay just got himself a very large slice of luck (unless he was behind it) and this will all land on Pope.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,574 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

My God. The show is just able to pull out arc after arc which just punches you in the face harder than the last one. Abel?? IF the kid dies, or is permanently disfigured or something, Jax and Tara will go postal... which could send Gemma back to Clay.

I can't wait for next week, exactly half way through now and the season is starting to kick into full throttle. The black guys attacking Jax and Chibs at the end as well as Clays weaseling suggest to me that Clay just got himself a very large slice of luck (unless he was behind it) and this will all land on Pope.

Yeah great episode, I came back to Sons last weekend as I was kind of put off after the crappy Season 3 Irish one, but Season 4 was brilliant and Season 5 has been great so far, although sad to see Opie getting killed off. I hope the kid is alright, might drive a wedge between Jax, Tara and Gemma, but also Jax and Tara, as he suggested getting Gemma to mind the kids, although I could see it happening 5 minutes before the end I had this sense of dread, also was sure Clay was going to kill Unser and blame it on the two lads Unser killed. anyway great show Glad I got back into it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,754 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Oh Gemma.

WOW so many possible directions for all of this to take. Amazed that this hasnt been all that predictable. Good times, good times!

Have to laugh at every bike/car chase scene though, as if these bikes would have any hope in hell of even keeping close to a car, never mind a BMW that was sporty enough to be stolen!

WOW so many possible directions for all of this to take. Amazed that this hasnt been all that predictable. Good times, good times!

Have to laugh at every bike/car chase scene though, as if these bikes would have any hope in hell of even keeping close to a car, never mind a BMW that was sporty enough to be stolen!

Dynas are very fast. Just because they're not 1 litre Yamaha R1s they're rocking around on doesn't suddenly make them slow! Bikes are lighter and even the less sporty looking ones are a helluva lot faster than most cars. Nevernind maneuverability etc. I was actually thinking during the chase how it would be ludicrous if the guy got away. It was a 3 series he was driving, not a Ferrari.

I'm guessing that Abel will survive, but that Wendy tries to use it to get custody of Abel. It's been teased and teased, and almost just used to fill up time or give Tara something to do. They do need to finally pull the trigger on that storyline.

I'm guessing that Abel will survive, but that Wendy tries to use it to get custody of Abel. It's been teased and teased, and almost just used to fill up time or give Tara something to do. They do need to finally pull the trigger on that storyline.

Was thinking the same. All points to Wendy shooting for custody. There was a lot of blood though.

Hopefully we don't have to endure as much Gemma now as she is in hospital or rehab or something but alas I fear not. Her arc this season has just annoyed me.

Was thinking the same. All points to Wendy shooting for custody. There was a lot of blood though.

Hopefully we don't have to endure as much Gemma now as she is in hospital or rehab or something but alas I fear not. Her arc this season has just annoyed me.

I was half doing something else last night, but I don't remember her drinking. When and why did she get drunk? She made up with Jax, Tara let her take care of the kids, she got her car back... Why was she drinking? And given how Jax sent Tig with Tara and took Chibs with himself, why didn't he have someone with Gemma and the kids? Even if he had Filthy Phil follow her home or something.

Maybe I just need to watch it again.

I was half doing something else last night, but I don't remember her drinking. When and why did she get drunk? She made up with Jax, Tara let her take care of the kids, she got her car back... Why was she drinking? And given how Jax sent Tig with Tara and took Chibs with himself, why didn't he have someone with Gemma and the kids? Even if he had Filthy Phil follow her home or something.

Maybe I just need to watch it again.

She wasn't drunk, she was stoned after toking with Uncer.

She wasn't drunk, she was stoned after toking with Uncer.

Ah, saw that alright but didn't think that'd be affecting her that much given how a few hours had passed and she smokes regularly enough

• Advertisement

Dynas are very fast. Just because they're not 1 litre Yamaha R1s they're rocking around on doesn't suddenly make them slow! Bikes are lighter and even the less sporty looking ones are a helluva lot faster than most cars. Nevernind maneuverability etc. I was actually thinking during the chase how it would be ludicrous if the guy got away. It was a 3 series he was driving, not a Ferrari.

Dont agree at all. Those bikes dont handle at all, the roads they were on also looked quite dusty. That car would have toasted them everytime it had to brake and also, the car would just ram them right off the road, or step on the anchors and watch the bikes plough straight into the back of it.

It was the same as the scenes from CHIPS years ago, silly.

I still like it though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

It was a 3 series he was driving, not a Ferrari.

Yeah but it was a 330 he was driving with the front missing so he had a good sized engine for a getaway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

Great episode I thought. Plenty of arcs and potential covered.

Juice gravitating toward Clay, and having a crisis of conscience about the nomad problem and whether he should let Jax in o his suspicions.

Gemma spiralling out of control and testing her relationship with Jax and Tara. No one has a clue who tried assassinating Jax on the road, Frankie Diamonds is till MIA and now Wendy has cause to go after Abel after that horror smash. Not to mention Gemma is now back in Tara and Jax's bad books for the rest of the season. Is Pope or Clay the true enemy this season ?

This season is great so far, no one has any idea of what to expect now.

Can't wait to meet the nomad President Quinn Jax was talking about.

next weeks episode teaser is online......... SOA looks like its gonna go to dark dark places

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

It was so obvious Clay was going to kill the nomads.

I'd say Juice will side with the club and vindicate himself.

I'm guessing you don't know a whole lot about motorbikes.

Cracking episode and nice to see the bikes being rode again.

I'm guessing you don't know a whole lot about motorbikes.

Cracking episode and nice to see the bikes being rode again.

Im not a motorbike expert or anything, but Ive ridden about 10 bikes or so. 125cc trail bikes, 125cc honda varadero, 600cc yamaha diversion, 700cc honda transalp, a 1000cc cruiser (cant remember the name) and a God knows how many cc custom chopper thing that was dire with woeful brakes, shocking riding position but made up for it all with the most awesome sound ever. I own a 125cc maxiscooter and I my first bike at 16 was a Honda CB125TD Superdream Deluxe!

Anyway, the bike car argument is a long and drown out one thats most likely been covered a million times and always results in bikers thinking they are much faster than cars and its a bit boring and getting off-topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Clay is quality

Last night I had a dream that I was on Boards and my last post above (#928) had been edited to by Makikomi. He added red text warning me about disagreeing with a mod, that my account was being closed and let it be a warning to anyone else to have a different opinion and dare voice it on the site.

I woke up this morning trying to figure out in my mind if it was a dream, or something that had happened just before I went to bed! Bizarre.

• Advertisement

Last night I had a dream that I was on Boards and my last post above (#928) had been edited to by Makikomi. He added red text warning me about disagreeing with a mod, that my account was being closed and let it be a warning to anyone else to have a different opinion and dare voice it on the site.

I woke up this morning trying to figure out in my mind if it was a dream, or something that had happened just before I went to bed! Bizarre.

Sometimes I wish the moderator status only showed up on the forum's a moderator mod's on.. I'm not a mod here so disagree with me all you want.

Advertisement