Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sons Of Anarchy [FX (US) -Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'm not sure I understand how it'd be possible for Jax to make a deal with Pope's No.2. Jax needs Pope to invest in Charming Heights. Surely Pope's No.2 wouldn't be able to just take over Pope's (legit) business if Pope was killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Ladjacket

started on season 1 about four weeks ago and finally caught up to date just this afternoon. What day does the season finale air and where do you guys see it?

My favourite character of all 5 seasons so far has been Lincoln Potter, the AUSA from Season 4. An absolute hero.

This season has been good but there have almost been a little too much going on, jail, finding Opie's killer, the situation with Pope, Nero, him getting back in the game, the Nomads, Clay.

At the same time however, you don't want everything tied up nicely. I am just wondering what the cliff hanger will be.

Also, Happy's continued response of "yeahhhhhhhhhhhh......." should be annoying, but it's not! :)

It's crazy really that here we are with 1 episode left in season 5 and none of us are 100% sure what exact linear pattern for the end of this season is. In a lot of ways, they wrapped up a lot of it this week.

It's crazy really that here we are with 1 episode left in season 5 and none of us are 100% sure what exact linear pattern for the end of this season is. In a lot of ways, they wrapped up a lot of it this week.

What is it you feel is wrapped up? The whole Juice situation is still unresolved, as well as the heat that Eli may bring on the club and does anyone really know what the story is with Pope?

Ladjacket wrote: »
    What is it you feel is wrapped up? The whole Juice situation is still unresolved, as well as the heat that Eli may bring on the club and does anyone really know what the story is with Pope?

Wrapped up is the wrong word, but set up for next season may be more accurate. I don't see any of those arcs being resolved by next weeks finale.

Jax can't kill Clay now IMO, he may try by proxy but I feel like that will roll into next season. Juice IMO won't die this season. And Eli hasn't been on in weeks.

• Advertisement

can see there being a beef with the Irish next season, their head guy and Jax have banged heads too often this season, plus their alliance with Clay may come into play.

The Tig situation is gonna be interesting. Can't see the club just allowing Jax to hand him over to Pope.

When does the finale air?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,754 ✭✭✭lertsnim

When does the finale air?

Next Tuesday night/Wednesday morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

This nonsense about all sorts of heavy weapons coming out of Gaza & Belfast to arm Gangs & Cartels is starting to grate on me. They can barely get any artillery in to Gaza never mind in & back out again. I guess the reality that most Cartel guns originate in the US & the heavier weapons stolen directly off US military bases is a little unpalatable for the american sheeple

Yeah the RIRA are way overrated as an organization in the show. What reason would they have to be transporting weapons to the bay area of California ?

And why would the Chinese triads be arming themselves through a virtual open air prison halfway across the world in Gaza ? Way too far fetched, even for a TV show.

Russians, Ukrainians and white afrikans should be the real gun runners of this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,814 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

did we see two chekov's gun in that ep?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

MaxSteele wrote: »
    Yeah the RIRA are way overrated as an organization in the show. What reason would they have to be transporting weapons to the bay area of California ?

And why would the Chinese triads be arming themselves through a virtual open air prison halfway across the world in Gaza ? Way too far fetched, even for a TV show.

Russians, Ukrainians and white afrikans should be the real gun runners of this show.

All these guys are small fish in the arms dealing trade, they are just carving themselves out a small piece. Even the deals they are doing are small fry and the Gaza thing proves it. They are all dabbling in this looking for a major contact that wouldnt touch them because they operate much smarter than these guys with born to lose tattoos on their bodies squabbling over small areas. The big arm dealers can change governments and are not bothered about pill pushers on a street corner! No doubt they will ruffle the feathers of a big hitting rogue arms dealer soon enough and it will go seriously sideways!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

Dempsey wrote: »
    All these guys are small fish in the arms dealing trade, they are just carving themselves out a small piece. Even the deals they are doing are small fry and the Gaza thing proves it. They are all dabbling in this looking for a major contact that wouldnt touch them because they operate much smarter than these guys with born to lose tattoos on their bodies squabbling over small areas. The big arm dealers can change governments and are not bothered about pill pushers on a street corner! No doubt they will ruffle the feathers of a big hitting rogue arms dealer soon enough and it will go seriously sideways!

Exactly - I would recommending Lord of War http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0399295/ to get an idea of arms trafficking works for the big boys.

I have a theory about next weeks finale.

That silver pistol Clay has which passed hands down the years through SAMCRO and now on to Juice. Remember Jax giving Juice those instructions off camera when he found the gun ?

Maybe Jax will use this as his "proxy". Except the proxy will be Clay instigated in the murder of Damon Pope. Juice will be the shooter of Pope with Clay's gun, to get back in favor with the club. Or maybe Tig or Jax will use it.

Pope's hit squad (should he die), will go after Clay in retaliation. Thus Jax takes out two birds with one stone. Pope and Clay.

If you watch the preview and listen to the conversation between Clay and Juice, you should understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I like the sound of that!

That silver pistol Clay has which passed hands down the years through SAMCRO and now on to Juice. Remember Jax giving Juice those instructions off camera when he found the gun ?

Maybe Jax will use this as his "proxy". Except the proxy will be Clay instigated in the murder of Damon Pope. Juice will be the shooter of Pope with Clay's gun, to get back in favor with the club. Or maybe Tig or Jax will use it.

Pope's hit squad (should he die), will go after Clay in retaliation. Thus Jax takes out two birds with one stone. Pope and Clay.

If you watch the preview and listen to the conversation between Clay and Juice, you should understand.

Jax gave Juice instructions off camera? What? I might have missed this!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I have absolutely no idea how this is going to wrap up.

I suspect that the sherrif is going to pop out of nowhere and blast Clay's face off followed by the SOA logo and end credits. Although he has been missing for a few episodes, that could be just a way to make us 'forget' him.

I've been talking to another guy here in work, he suspects that there is going to be another background plot revelation such as what happened with Agent Stall when all the lads where in the van heading off to prison.

I'm going to try not think about it too much until I see what really happens.

But the new ex-marshall guy looks like a setup for being the bad guy next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I did have a funny feeling everything would wrap up perfectly for Jax, and he'd pull off another amazing escape to solve everything. Until Tara tells him she's moving for the new job and taking the children, which would push him over the edge next season and he'd become even more ruthless.

But the more I think about it, with Toric and his obvious plan to destroy Tara and Otto, I doubt he'd just let Tara get away, so now I'm thinking I'm wrong.

Man, trying to resist the urge to look at spoilers tomorrow is going to be tough

how do you all plan on watching this? is there a channel that it will be on, or do you avail of some of the....online options....?

how do you all plan on watching this? is there a channel that it will be on, or do you avail of some of the....online options....?

Online options. A Kickass option too. *cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

is the final tonight???

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

caspa307 wrote: »
    is the final tonight???

Finale of S5 is aired in the US of A tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Finale of S5 is aired in the US of A tonight.

oh watch it in the morning... but fcuk i didn't realize it was the final already i thought we had one more week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Disappointing....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

Otto
    chewing out his tongue
    was unexpected; way to commit indeed.

Also, the cover of Sympathy of the Devil was by Jane's Addiction;

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭feelpablo

Man so much went on in this episode...gonna have to give it a rewatch later to see how i really feel about it.

Some really great scenes though

I was right :D Suck it Sons of Anarchy forum :P

Sorry :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,754 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Loved that. Excellent stuff. Gemma really is a right old ****. I hope she meets a miserable demise next season

curry-muff wrote: »
    Disappointing....:(

Do explain

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭mathproblem

I was right :D Suck it Sons of Anarchy forum :P

Sorry :o

Sorry MaxSteele I'm claiming first blood on that bragging point...
    the way Jax was chatting up Damon Pope's number two maybe he has struck a deal to save Tig by facilitating a coup in the house of Pope.. would Jax really have forgiven Pope for calling the order that led to Opie's demise, i doubt it - he'll get him at some stage

I called the twist, You claimed the method.. the rest of the forum can suck it though..lol

Also Expectationlost's Checkov's gun post has gone right over my head until now.. good call

Also what the hell is Gemma's big beef with Oregon for god sake??? You'd swear they were planning to move to Outer Mongolia. It's only up the road from Norcal, has she not heard of Cheap flights, or Greyhound buses.. silly bitch goes and gets her grandkids mother locked up for complicity to murder. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Do explain

Just didn't feel like a SOA finale, everything was just so predictable and Popes death was too easy.

Decent episode, but not what I've come to expect from SOA finales :o

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it did everything it had to do but still left me feeling kinda cold

not entirely sure how I felt about this season overall. I don't know if I thought the season was kinda weak or if I'm just slowly getting tired of the show.

still, walton goggins as a leather clad transexual. it had its moments.

Advertisement