Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sons Of Anarchy [FX (US) -Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

They really need to start populating the table with more significant characters. Something like the table they had at the beginning of season 4.

With Opie and Clay gone, Bobby stepping down as Vice prez, Chibs is the only real voice at the table with Jax. Tig has become less integral for the last two seasons and Happy says something once every two episodes. The prospects Ratboy and V-lin barely appear and Phil has said f*ck all this season too.

I really hope the show focuses more on the characters next season and adopts a slower pace instead of just piling on random enemies and outrageous firefights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

MaxSteele wrote: »
    They really need to start populating the table with more significant characters. Something like the table they had at the beginning of season 4.

With Opie and Clay gone, Bobby stepping down as Vice prez, Chibs is the only real voice at the table with Jax. Tig has become less integral for the last two seasons and Happy says something once every two episodes. The prospects Ratboy and V-lin barely appear and Phil has said f*ck all this season too.

I really hope the show focuses more on the characters next season and adopts a slower pace instead of just piling on random enemies and outrageous firefights.

Pretty sure next season is gona focus on the Sons alliance with the Byz Lats and possibly even the pair trying to oust Popes successor. They really do need some new blood in the club though yeah. Maybe one of the other charters could merge and move to Charming?

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

I thought that was pretty poor. End of the season just felt like it was going through the motions. Also i'm getting really tired of Gemma as a character. she's a bitch we get it like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Took me ages to place Dave Navarro, nice cameo.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I thought that was brilliant, I really thought that Tiggie was going to get killed, Clay being setup was brilliant, Gemma playing a part was great as well, the end picture of Gemma standing over Jax and the next generation was a great throw back to the end of last season.

I think this season was the first series where they knew they were going to be renewed in advance, every other season it all seemed setup for it to finish, this year they have being playing for next season all along, BEST PROGRAM ON TV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,754 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Roanmore wrote: »
    Took me ages to place Dave Navarro, nice cameo.

Where was he? I saw his name at the start but didn't spot him

• Registered Users Posts: 29,785 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

It was good but it didn't feel like a season finale. how did sutter even come up with that tongue biting scene!

Was just watching Raising Hope, great little comedy, and fat bob the prospect was in it wearing his samcro vest. Well weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

I dunno....at the end of season 4 i couldnt wait for season 5... an the end of season 5 im not really too bothered...

lertsnim wrote: »
    Where was he? I saw his name at the start but didn't spot him

He was one of Nero's main sidekicks, he was in it last week as well but I couldn't place him. Came to me this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,754 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Will have to pay more attention when I watch it again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

his nero's cousin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

MaxSteele wrote: »
    I was right :D Suck it Sons of Anarchy forum :P

Sorry :o

fair fcuks to ya boy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

curry-muff wrote: »
    Just didn't feel like a SOA finale, everything was just so predictable and Popes death was too easy.

Decent episode, but not what I've come to expect from SOA finales :o

wouldn't be what id expect from any episode a few seasons back, gone very poor

• Registered Users Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Clareman wrote: »
    I thought that was brilliant, I really thought that Tiggie was going to get killed, Clay being setup was brilliant, Gemma playing a part was great as well, the end picture of Gemma standing over Jax and the next generation was a great throw back to the end of last season.

Next generation indeed. Funny how Abel was playing with Jax's "SO NS" rings too.

And the homeless woman is back. Currently rewatching SOA from the beginning and halfway through Season 2. She makes a fair few appearances in those seasons and I was actually wondering what happened to her. Interesting to see her make a return.

I'm guessing next season Chibs will be VP and Tig back to Sgt At Arms now that he seems to be on Jax's side and didn't mind framing Clay for Pope's murder. Jax got rid of him because he was Clay's right hand man, but now that that's over and Jax has shown he's willing to be a bit more brutal like Clay was, he might bring Tig even closer to do the dirty work.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,016 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Otto's beginning to remind me of the Black Knight in Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Keeps losing parts of his body but keeps going.
    Or maybe he's just a real drama queen. Couldn't just say he wasn't going to talk. :)

Interesting reactions from Roosevelt. He seemed a bit disappointed when Gemma didn't defend Clay. Then he really wasn't happy to be arresting Tara.

And speaking of Clay, he's really taking everything in his stride.

Also for a second, I thought Jax was going to hit Tara over the papers, just to finalise his transition into Clay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Interesting reactions from Roosevelt. He seemed a bit disappointed when Gemma didn't defend Clay.
    He is for all intents and purposes an honest cop so he probably doesn’t like the idea of pinning multiple murders on someone who he knows, despite whatever else hes done, didn’t actually commit them even though he does want vengeance for his wifes killing. It wouldn’t surprise me if next season he does something to make the gun inadmissible in any trial thus effectively getting Clay released; assuming of course Clay doesn’t get killed for that bounty in the meantime but I’d be surprised he actually gets killed now, I’d say he’ll spill it to whoever is sent after him that he was set up.
    Then he really wasn't happy to be arresting Tara.
    I'd say he realises that Tara genuinely didnt know what Otto was going to do with the cross and that she was basically a pawn in the whole thing; and he probably sympathises with her as shes really only in the crap because of her relationship with Jax.

And speaking of Clay, he's really taking everything in his stride.

I definitely wouldn't say that. He's completely broken. After being kicked out of the club, all he had left was Gemma and his friendship with Juice. When he realised they both betrayed him, he's just... dead on the inside. He has nothing left, and he knows he'll probably be killed in prison. He's not taking it in his stride, he's just completely numb from having everything taken from him.

As for Otto, as much as I like a lot of the stuff he's done (the tongue thing was pretty cool, though him bashing Stahl's face off the table was his best moment for me), he needs to go away. It just seems kinda forced at this stage. He has nothing left to do and just needs to die.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

I can see a deeper wedge between Jax and Tara coming. She is becoming increasingly uncomfortable Jax's Jeckle n Hide persona.

Also when Jax was talking with the recently deceased Damon Popes right hand man he said " I'm just a mechanic trying to look after my family". Not long after that scene it showed Jax with the MC comforting Tigs etc. The MC is his first family and will always come first. Moreso now that he is turning into Clay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

Penn wrote: »
    As for Otto, as much as I like a lot of the stuff he's done (the tongue thing was pretty cool, though him bashing Stahl's face off the table was his best moment for me), he needs to go away. It just seems kinda forced at this stage. He has nothing left to do and just needs to die.

Otto had been in this season way to much for me. I think it is Kurt Sutter giving is ego a pat on back being in it so much.

His cameo in The Shield for a couple of episodes was enough. The same should be enough here.

Otto had been in this season way to much for me. I think it is Kurt Sutter giving is ego a pat on back being in it so much.

His cameo in The Shield for a couple of episodes was enough. The same should be enough here.

Yep. And he needs to stop letting Katey Segal destroy old songs for the soundtrack.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

Yep. And he needs to stop letting Katey Segal destroy old songs for the soundtrack.

If he doesn't she won't get jiggy with him when they go home after a hard days work.

If he doesn't she won't get jiggy with him when they go home after a hard days work.

I'm well aware of why he keeps her sweet, but she needs to stick to playing the vindictive b1tch! She's an ok singer, but not every feckin episode good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

The cliffhanger didn't feel like one at all after watching it a second time. What did it really tease ? We all know Tara will probably be out within the first few episodes next season and Bobby isn't VP. Gemma is still the matriarch.

F*ck all to be excited for in all fairness. I hope Clay's story continues with him inside next season. Really don't want Ron Perlman to go just yet.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

That was some excellent television.

Everything wrapped up and setup for the next season. My only issue is that the setup for next season is Tara and Gemma. uugggghhhh.

But, Sutter seems to save some of the more dramatic scenes for himself...tongue, crucifix stabbing, slamming Stalls face, prison shankings with light fixtures, eye gouging, etc.

I really thought Tig was a goner until Jax pulled out the piece of his sidebox.

And Roosevelt is pretty much locked into the club as well. The club now have a solid turnover with the (Frank Reynolds voice) whore house.
    Ties to Pope's business given that his #2 has put out the hit squad on Clay. No more guns, no more drugs.
    No threats against any members lingering. The only internal issue seems to be Bobby stripping himself of the VP patch, but i dont expect that to explode in any way.
    There may be backlash for how Jax has manipulated the table.

And I f*cking love Chucky.

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Non, non, non, ce qui est mauvais. Il est "J'adore Chucky."

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Not enough Chucky is this season.

Roanmore wrote: »
    Not enough Chucky is this season.

At least he's stopped saying "I accept that". Rewatched SOA Seasons 1&2 recently and it was funny when he'd say it when they made fun of his masturbating, but then he just started saying it all the time.

Opie: Keep an eye on Lyla
    Chucky: I accept that

The French was funny but hopefully he goes back to rhyming. That was brilliant

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Good article here on someone's opinion on the Top 10 Characters in the show, I don't agree with the rankings but it's good to read the opinions

http://www.411mania.com/movies/columns/265739

Top 3 would defo not be my choice. Maybe if they inverted it I'd agree. No Pinie?

• Advertisement

I'd have had Chibs and Tig further up, Chibs has some great lines, especially the "It'd be the Catholic thing to do" about letting yerman out of the car with the dog. Also, Stahl has to be on the list imvho, she was 1 of the best villains in a TV show ever.

Advertisement