Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sons Of Anarchy [FX (US) -Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 emerald-eagle

Will some one please kill Tara:D[/QUOTE]

Amen to that! icon10.pngicon10.pngicon10.png

• Registered Users Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭Penn

No Stahl? No Piney? Opie not in top 5? Gemma in top 3?

That's a bad list. Hell, I wouldn't even agree with Unser being in the list.

Top 10 for me:
    1. Jax
    2. Opie
    3. Clay
    4. Bobby
    5. Stahl
    6. Tig
    7. Chibs
    8. Tara
    9. Juice
    10. Piney

Finished Season 3 again on Tuesday night. Stahl was insanely good on the show. Almost hard to see how she wouldn't be on everyone's top 10 list.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Ladjacket

just finished season 5, and for some reason just went straight back to the end of season 3 to watch it again, the finale of season 3 has been the best single episode so far IMO.

In terms of top characters, I would go for:

10) Clay
    9) Happy
    8) Bobby
    7) Tig
    6) Piney
    5) Opie
    4) Jax
    3) Chibs
    2) Pope
    1) Lincoln Potter

Is it Season 6 already?! Hurry up!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Ladjacket wrote: »
    Is it Season 6 already?! Hurry up!

I think it's normaly a September return, so erm, we've quite the wait ahead of us.

• Advertisement

Ha! Just a few months to go then! Haven't really heard anything yet about season 6 in terms of new characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭McGrath5

I just finished all 5 seasons in the past 2 months, great show. Roll on season 6!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

‘Sons Of Anarchy’ Season 5 Casting: Jimmy Smits & Chuck Zito Join Show - See more at: http://screenrant.com/sons-anarchy-season-5-casting-jimmy-smits-chuck-zito-scott-163616/#sthash.BzQzOlVO.dpuf "

http://screenrant.com/sons-anarchy-season-5-casting-jimmy-smits-chuck-zito-scott-163616/

Glad he signed a new deal to be a full time cast member.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭Penn

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    ‘Sons Of Anarchy’ Season 5 Casting: Jimmy Smits & Chuck Zito Join Show - See more at: http://screenrant.com/sons-anarchy-season-5-casting-jimmy-smits-chuck-zito-scott-163616/#sthash.BzQzOlVO.dpuf "

http://screenrant.com/sons-anarchy-season-5-casting-jimmy-smits-chuck-zito-scott-163616/

Glad he signed a new deal to be a full time cast member.

That's from last year, before Season 5. I think Smits has signed on for season 6, but that article is outdated, especially with the character Chuck Zito played being dead.

Article for Smits in Season 6 - http://tvline.com/2013/02/28/sons-of-anarchy-season-6-spoilers-nero-gemma-jimmy-smits/

Penn wrote: »
    That's from last year, before Season 5. I think Smits has signed on for season 6, but that article is outdated, especially with the character Chuck Zito played being dead.

Article for Smits in Season 6 - http://tvline.com/2013/02/28/sons-of-anarchy-season-6-spoilers-nero-gemma-jimmy-smits/

Oh sorry. I read that he signed up as a full cast member for season 6 on twitter, so I just went to grab an article to link. My bad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,092 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Oh sorry. I read that he signed up as a full cast member for season 6 on twitter, so I just went to grab an article to link. My bad!

He has :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Pinkman

Started watching this about a month ago and finished the fifth season tonight. A brilliant show. Not in the masterpiece territory like Breaking Bad, The Wire and The Sopranos but in terms of pure entertainment and escapism it is right up there in my view. Easily one of the most addictive shows I've seen, so many twists and turns and it really keeps you on the edge of your seat due to the unpredictability.

Loved the first two seasons but S3 was very hard to get through, especially the Irish episodes. Some of the most appalling Oirish accents I've ever heard, especially from Jimmy and Liam. Thankfully it went out on a high with one of the best episodes of the show with the S3 Finale. Such an amazing twist and 'Hey Hey My My' stripped down in the back was perfection. The soundtrack on SOA in general is brilliant.

Season 4 and 5 are easily the strongest two imo. Charlie Hunnam seemed to improve hugely as an actor. When I first started watching it I thought he was a crap actor and presumed he only got the lead to help get more female viewers.;) But he really came into his own as Jax in the forth and especially fifth season. The character becoming much darker and ruthless obviously suited Hunnam. Plus it's amazing the difference change of hair style makes. Looks a bit ridiculous in the first three with the long hair, a bit too young in the 4th with the short hair but the longish hair slicked back along with the goatee seemed to really help him pull off the whole badass and angry Jax. He looked a lot older and more like a leader. He seems to have become a much more hands on President than Clay, although it can get a bit tiresome how often they have him in fights. I am surprised Hunnam isn't a big movie star although I see he has a lead role in one of the big blockbusters of the year with Guillermo del Toro's 'Pacific Rim' so he will probably become huge after that.

One thing I didn't get about S5 though is why Jax was so desperate for prove that Clay was behind the nomad attacks? Why didn't he just tell the club that Clay killed his dad, tried to kill Tara, about the letters and the real reason he killed Piney etc. I know everyone but Bobby voted to kill Clay purely based on the Nomad thing but had Jax told them everything surely Bobby wouldn't have been able to vote no. Yes Jax had already told Bobby everything but the vote was based on the Nomad attacks so it gave Bobby an easy way out. I could not understand how Bobby expected Jax not to kill Clay after everything he had done. Was he involved in JT's death too? Although Clay is a brilliant character it is getting ridiculous that he is still alive. Jax should have killed him once he got rid of Rico. If he gets killed in prison by Pope's men it will be a shame as it should be Jax that gets to do it. Another thing - did we ever find out what Piney's contingency plan was on Clay? He said if Clay killed him he had a contingency plan.

The ending of S5 was very strong. Loved Jax getting the better of Pope. Found it odd how Jax reacted to Tara saying she was going to take the job in Oregon seeing as Jax had only told her to go and take the kids previously. Presumably it was Gemma who rated on Tara to the sheriff? Surely she knows Jax will find out once he talks to Tara and will never want anything to do with Gemma again? It may have been the brother of the nurse that was killed though I suppose. Either way I an see Tara being out of prison early on in S6. Only six month away.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Have heard good things about this... I need a show to get stuck into before Breaking bad is back. Will give it a go

Decided to go back to the start and give the show the attention it deserved. I've seen most of it up to near the end of season 3 but gave up due to the atrocious Irish stuff and lacking time.

Started season one on Saturday and finished it up early Sunday morning. Bit of a wasted day but I had no plans and it saved me the cost of the night out I'd planned with a few people. Decided on Sunday that I'd watch a few episodes of season two as I had nothing to do. Roll on Monday morning and I'm watching the first episode of season three. It really is just great stuff and truly Shakespearian in nature. Shame the that season three is so poor as it really is a slog to get through. It feels like hard work and whereas you could happily have marathon sessions of season one and two watching more than one episode at a time of season three is not the least bit appealing.

I know it improves considerably from the end of three onward but that's about 10 episodes or two weeks away at this rate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

to be honest.. you'd lose very little by just reading synopsis online of the various season 3 episodes, watching the finale or maybe the last two and then just jumping into season 4

to be honest.. you'd lose very little by just reading synopsis online of the various season 3 episodes, watching the finale or maybe the last two and then just jumping into season 4

Surely watching season 3 is worth it just for that finale. Possibly one of my favorite episodes ever.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Surely watching season 3 is worth it just for that finale. Possibly one of my favorite episodes ever.

yeah the finale was incredible.. but I don't know if it's worth the slog of the rest of season 3 :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Pinkman wrote: »
    One thing I didn't get about S5 though is why Jax was so desperate for prove that Clay was behind the nomad attacks? Why didn't he just tell the club that Clay killed his dad, tried to kill Tara, about the letters and the real reason he killed Piney etc.

He had no evidence, and given the history between Clay and Jax, he would need something concrete to present the club. Otherwise it wouldnt pass a club vote to get rid of Clay.

I've said a few times here that the 'Irish' part of S3 zooms by when you are watching back to back.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Pinkman

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    He had no evidence, and given the history between Clay and Jax, he would need something concrete to present the club. Otherwise it wouldnt pass a club vote to get rid of Clay.

But Jax had the letters (minus the ones that implicate Gemma of course). All of season 4 Clay was desperate to destroy them as he knew Jax would kill him once he found out. Jax also threatened Clay that he would show to club the letters if he didn't step down as President. Gemma gave them to Jax knowing it would lead to Jax killing Clay. The only thing that stopped Jax was the Rico case and him needing Clay to help with the Irish deal. the letters not being concrete enough proof was never an issue before, yet suddenly in season 5 it was like they no longer existed. And with regard to him trying to kill Tara - he admitted this to Gemma which obviously led to him beating her and them breaking up. And as far as Piney goes - the writers appeared to forget that he warned Clay if he killed him he had a contingencies in place.

What will happen with Juice? Didn't Jax say once he had helped them prove Clay was behind the Nomad attacks they would kill him for being a rat? Will Jax give him a pass now that he helped frame Clay? Will that sit well with Chibs and Bobby?

Will watch it as I'm invested in it though there's a few episodes that I saw before ill be skipping or fast forwarding through. Looking forward to the Galen stuff, always liked Timothy V. Murphy and it'll be kinda novel watching him and thinking that ill be working with that guy in my short film.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Season 3 is very Jekyll and Hyde, the scenes set in Charming were very good but the Irish ones were awful. Defo had the best season ending.

Just after finishing episode 11 of season 3 and its nowhere near as bad as I remembered it. I think watching the episodes over a short period helped as, as boring as they were sticking with them over three months would be torturous. The Belfast stuff was tiresome and boring beyond belief, it's obvious they stretched it out as much as they could. You could cover the exact same ground over the course of two episode rather than over the 11 they used. The major issue bar the padding was the dreadful accents. Jimmy should have been a chilling character but instead he comes across as comical. It's impossible not to laugh every time his accent slips, which seems to be the end of every sentence. It just takes you out of the show and while I understand that it's a hard accent to master you really would expect better.

I'm wondering when Sutter's art department are going to share their discovery with the world. They obviously traveled back to mid 70s Belfast as part of their research. It's farcical to think that they believe that's how the country looks. There didn't seem to be anything from the past two decades in the store and the interior decoratoring was list in some weird time warp.

Pinkman wrote: »
    But Jax had the letters (minus the ones that implicate Gemma of course). All of season 4 Clay was desperate to destroy them as he knew Jax would kill him once he found out. Jax also threatened Clay that he would show to club the letters if he didn't step down as President. Gemma gave them to Jax knowing it would lead to Jax killing Clay. The only thing that stopped Jax was the Rico case and him needing Clay to help with the Irish deal. the letters not being concrete enough proof was never an issue before, yet suddenly in season 5 it was like they no longer existed. And with regard to him trying to kill Tara - he admitted this to Gemma which obviously led to him beating her and them breaking up. And as far as Piney goes - the writers appeared to forget that he warned Clay if he killed him he had a contingencies in place.

What will happen with Juice? Didn't Jax say once he had helped them prove Clay was behind the Nomad attacks they would kill him for being a rat? Will Jax give him a pass now that he helped frame Clay? Will that sit well with Chibs and Bobby?

I think it was a case that someone else from the club would need to find Clay with the letters to make it more believeable, and not some sort of plant. That is why he wanted to do it at Clays house when everyone was there.

Piney's contingency may have been a bluff.

Next season should be a big one for Juice, I wouldnt like to speculate what happens to him.

Wrapped up season 3 just there and it really is a work of genius. The final scene where it all came together was jaw droppingly brilliant and it's just a shame that the rest of the season wasn't written half as well.

Wrapped up season 3 just there and it really is a work of genius. The final scene where it all came together was jaw droppingly brilliant and it's just a shame that the rest of the season wasn't written half as well.

I think the season was well written, the execution wasn't the greatest particularly in the Irish scenes. I'm sure there were a huge amount of constraints while shooting up North that they had to overcome, and they were on limited time and budget.
    I'd be curious to see what people from across the big River Atlantic thought about S3

Boom_Bap wrote: »

I think the season was well written, the execution wasn't the greatest particularly in the Irish scenes. I'm sure there were a huge amount of constraints while shooting up North that they had to overcome, and they were on limited time and budget.
    I'd be curious to see what people from across the big River Atlantic thought about S3

All that was shot up North was second unit stuff. It was obvious that none of the actors were brought over and instead it was all shot close to home.

I enjoyed season 3 and the story was interesting but the whole Belfast story could have been told over 2 to 3 episodes at the most. The final two episodes were excellent though, really great TV that is amongst the most thrilling and well written finales in the history of TV.

Just after finishing up episode 3 of season 5 and it really is just a wonderful piece of television. The death scene is brutal and unrelentingly grim, it's one of the shows most emotional moments and the ramifications of it should make for some interesting developments over the rest of the season.

There's a reason that I put shows such as Sons on the back burner after a season and that's due to the fact that when a show is this good you don't want to stretch it out over 6+ years. Once I wrap up this season I have a 6 month wait for a new episode and then after three months ill be waiting another year. Frustrating as hell.

Donal Logue's Lee Toric is back for at least 7 episodes of Season 6

• Advertisement

Advertisement