Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sons Of Anarchy [FX (US) -Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Kirby wrote: »
    I mean ffs. Who thought that scene played out well? Jax is supposed to be smart. He would smell that coming a mile off. Writing him as dumb for the dramatic last minute reveal is lazy.

I figure that Jax's judgement is clouded by the possibility of getting a deal from the Irish. He has the bravado of youth but lacks the experience that someone like Clay had.

He is so eager to get the MC out of guns that the possibility of a deal,and bypassing Galen he thinks,has made him oblivious to the obvious danger.

The keg was set up very obviously at the beginning of the episode when Chucky told Gemma that all they needed was soda and beer. Quite how the penny didn't drop when the diddly-i pen was handed over,assuming it was a non-irish guy who delivered,is beyond me. Even Chucky would have known that the lockdown was a result of the Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

mmmm had to suspend my belief for most of that plot! Theyve obviously had to make a dramatic turn with the exit of Toric, but still, suddenly turning Jax into a complete moron was way over the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Don't get me wrong, the idea was good it was just the execution that was ham-fisted....the dialogue was beyond obvious. I mean that phone call conversation set off about a thousand red flags in my mind and I'm not even a hardened criminal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

suddenly turning Jax into a complete moron was way over the top.

"Look, I know it's messy right now, but I promise I am gonna make this work."

Whenever Jax promises anything he looks like a complete moron, we all know how this turns out... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

mmmm had to suspend my belief for most of that plot! Theyve obviously had to make a dramatic turn with the exit of Torres, but still, suddenly turning Jax into a complete moron was way over the top.

Liverpool football thread that way>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,560 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Some of the dialogue can be laughably bad in SoA at times. Toric saying "Well I didn't see that coming..." after Otto stabbed him was just... awful. Truly awful.

And the Gemma/Clay thing was so unbelievably forced in this episode.

SoA keeps me coming back because the last few episodes of the seasons are great, but some of the turns taken to get there are utterly terrible sometimes (Nero's half-sister springs to mind)

Penn wrote: »
    but some of the turns taken to get there are utterly terrible sometimes (Nero's half-sister springs to mind)

I guess Sutter had to invent her character because Jimmy Smits said, "OK, I'll sign up... under the one condition that you get a role for my wife". :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,560 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Torqay wrote: »
    I guess Sutter had to invent her character because Jimmy Smits said, "OK, I'll sign up... under the one condition that you get a role for my wife". :D

There's "get a role for my wife" and then there's "crazy jealous woman wants to watch her half-brother f*ck his new girlfriend because she secretly loves him".

Yet the only purpose was to bring Gemma and Nero closer, which could have been done in a more subtle way. Likewise Gemma and Clay in this episode, it's likely being done to stir up old feelings between Gemma and Clay and cause problems with Gemma and Nero (and presumably set up a chase sequence later in the season when Nero or Jax gets revenge on the guards), but if that was the best way they could come up with to do that, I'd hate to see the rejected ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

There's "get a role for my wife" and then there's "crazy jealous woman wants to watch her half-brother f*ck his new girlfriend because she secretly loves him".

Yet the only purpose was to bring Gemma and Nero closer, which could have been done in a more subtle way. Likewise Gemma and Clay in this episode, it's likely being done to stir up old feelings between Gemma and Clay and cause problems with Gemma and Nero (and presumably set up a chase sequence later in the season when Nero or Jax gets revenge on the guards), but if that was the best way they could come up with to do that, I'd hate to see the rejected ideas.

I'm amazed that there is any cops/prison officers at all. Every single one of them is crooked in this. Always annoys me.

Likewise Gemma and Clay in this episode, it's likely being done to stir up old feelings between Gemma and Clay and cause problems with Gemma and Nero (and presumably set up a chase sequence later in the season when Nero or Jax gets revenge on the guards), but if that was the best way they could come up with to do that, I'd hate to see the rejected ideas.

I think the most important part here was when Gemma said to Clay, "Jax needs you. You're no good to us in the hole... or dead."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Charlie has quit the lead role in 50 shades according to a tweet he sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,083 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Temaz wrote: »
    Charlie has quit the lead role in 50 shades according to a tweet he sent.

Smart move by him

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

The episode was very weak and setup I thought, some interesting times ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭squonk

Going to be interesting now but some things have bothered me this season that just seem lame compared to other seasons.

1. The club are down on numbers but Pope's lieutenant finally wants Tiggs so Jax sets Tiggs up so he can be captured and killed. The guys grab Tiggs but don't kill him. Tiggs comes back saying "Geez, the other club members who were supposed to be there didn't show... I love you Jax!". I mean, Tiggs, please! He's not that stupid surely?

2. Some beer shows up with a shamrock pen handed over to sign for the shipment. The club is in lockdown because of the IRA threat. Jax has a conversation with the IRA head honcho where he agrees everyone will be gathered at 8. 2 minutes to 8 rolls around and Jax spots the beer and the pen, puts 2+2 together and gets everyone out just in time! It's just a bit convenient.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

squonk wrote: »
    Going to be interesting now but some things have bothered me this season that just seem lame compared to other seasons.

1. The club are down on numbers but Pope's lieutenant finally wants Tiggs so Jax sets Tiggs up so he can be captured and killed. The guys grab Tiggs but don't kill him. Tiggs comes back saying "Geez, the other club members who were supposed to be there didn't show... I love you Jax!". I mean, Tiggs, please! He's not that stupid surely?

2. Some beer shows up with a shamrock pen handed over to sign for the shipment. The club is in lockdown because of the IRA threat. Jax has a conversation with the IRA head honcho where he agrees everyone will be gathered at 8. 2 minutes to 8 rolls around and Jax spots the beer and the pen, puts 2+2 together and gets everyone out just in time! It's just a bit convenient.

1. Tigg is defintely suspicious, he even asks if everything is OK. Even before he sent Tigg off to the Nazi camp, he told him to behave.
    So he knows something is up, there is alot of history there given that he took out Opie's wife as well. He knows at this stage that he is expendable.

2. The only reason the pen comes of interest is because Jax made the IRA dude write the address where Connor was with the same type of novelty pen at the warehouse. Nobody else would have seen that, or probably would have cared about a pen a delivery guy used.

But, it was quite obvious what was going to happen, I'm guessing not so obvious to Jax and the club as they didnt know Gailin was sitting in on the call with the Kings.

Watching episode 5 and this season thus far has had quite the disjointed feel. Losing Donal Logue must have been a huge loss and it's obvious that the whole thing has been hastily rewritten. Going to be interesting to see where it goes but being honest I'm a little tired of the whole IRA stuff and really hoping that it doesn't devolve back to the trite, cliched crap of earlier series.

Weller is a great addition to the cast and there's some potential there for his character to become a big thorn in the clubs side. He would certainly make for a more interesting villain than the Irish. I'm wondering if perhaps the while Clay working for the IRA may be a nice way to let the IRA plot go away while at the same time wrapping up the whole Clay storyline.

You'd think that people who are supposedly so smart can so easily believe any line of crap that they're fed. The IRA set up couldn't have been any more obvious if they'd send a couple of packages direct from the Acme company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

RE: loss of Donal Logue

Why could they not get another actor to replace him?
    Is this done on other shows?
    Forgive my Ignorance don't watch a lot of TV shows

RE: loss of Donal Logue

Why could they not get another actor to replace him?
    Is this done on other shows?
    Forgive my Ignorance don't watch a lot of TV shows

Given that Sons of Anarchy isn't some midday soap it would be rather odd having another actor take over the role especially given that he was an integral part to the previous series.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Given that Sons of Anarchy isn't some midday soap it would be rather odd having another actor take over the role especially given that he was an integral part to the previous series.

Also, Sutter has been waiting a long time to work with him and finally thier schedules kind of fell into place. It was probably better that Sutter didnt replace the actor and let him go out the way it was envisioned for the character, albeit a little earlier than expected.

I rewatch Ep 5 last night.....well my old lady was catching up as she fell asleep while watching, but there are a few things that I noted.

1. You can see the delivery of the "beer" taking place in the background while Juice and Jax are talking in the yard of Teller-Morrow. When the camera cuts to a long shot, you can see Chucky signing for the kegs, then the next long shot, he is wheeling them into the club-house.

2. When Nero visits the Sherrif after being tailed, the bit where he says that he'll be at Diosa house all day, stop for some cigarattes, kill a few hookers, when the Sheriff sits on the table in the office, you can see him undoing the catch on his holster and i think also taking the safety off his sidearm. So he doesnt really know what to make of Nero yet.

E06 is of the "no carnage, no misery" variety. ;)

All seems to be going well for SAMCRO (except Tara refusing to rat on Jax and now facing trial rather sooner than later). A peace deal struck with the Irish, the ranks have been filled with Bobby's recruits, Juicey earned himself a new Liberace bike. :D

Must be the calm before the storm...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Juice grew some balls!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Hopefully they can rescue the show from here.. A half decent episode for a change.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I look forward to Nero and Clay dueling it out in jail.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Bit weird seeing Shane from The Shield appear with tits.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

zerks wrote: »
    Bit weird seeing Shane from The Shield appear with tits.

yeah Tigg will have a new girlfriend soon :D

I think Shane was in it a few seasons ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

dave1982 wrote: »
    yeah Tigg will have a new girlfriend soon :D

I think Shane was in it a few seasons ago

Yeah, when they drugged and blackmailed the fat insurance guy to change his vote on charming heights. Tig was a big fan of hers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Another great episode. This is actually the way I like SOA, its a bit more like what it was in season 1. MC going around on road trips, things happening, big group of members, and really funny scenes and people having a laugh. It was all becoming so heavy, it seemed nothing like any kind of club that anyone would want to be in. I could feel much more of the love that they all say they have, yet fail to display.

I miss the lads hanging out at the club having a few beers and stuff. You'd presume that when a member dies or a prospect gets his skin or what ever its called there would be a big piss up or something.

I look forward to Nero and Clay dueling it out in jail.

I cant seen Nero surviving this season. Him and Clay having a showdown will be good viewing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I liked that episode, having Bobby back is brilliant, Jax giving the elbow was great, there's a reason he's the pres rather than just because he's a son/step-son, it was funny them having the cops apologize. I didn't like the DA going "it's time to go getto" and then meeting in the corridor.

Advertisement