Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sons Of Anarchy [FX (US) -Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Clareman wrote: »
    I didn't like the DA going "it's time to go getto" and then meeting in the corridor.

Well, with Toric gone, the DA lady has to become a bit meaner. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

zerks wrote: »
    Bit weird seeing Shane from The Shield appear with tits.

Never saw The Shield but I've seen all of Justified since his last appearance in SOA and all I can think is :eek: Will never look at Boyd Crowder in the same light again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Raylan would have a field day seeing Boyd like that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Just watched ep 5 & 6 tonight. I liked Torric & Otto's exit. It was a good, violent surprise.

As for the cops stopping Jax & the boys in episode 6 and trying to scam them, I wish the club had just executed those guys on the spot once it all kicked off. For years now they have been bloodying their enemies noses and then leaving them alive to retaliate. If you're going to punch a guy, humiliate him, take his gun, you should do the job right and shoot him in the head so you won't be looking over your shoulder.

That would have been difficult after the guys radioed for backup. Killing law enforcement officials, crooked or not, is not a good idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Just watched ep 5 & 6 tonight. I liked Torric & Otto's exit. It was a good, violent surprise.

As for the cops stopping Jax & the boys in episode 6 and trying to scam them, I wish the club had just executed those guys on the spot once it all kicked off. For years now they have been bloodying their enemies noses and then leaving them alive to retaliate. If you're going to punch a guy, humiliate him, take his gun, you should do the job right and shoot him in the head so you won't be looking over your shoulder.

But if they did that we wouldn't have gotten the great apology scene

fAwesome... I guess, I didn't see that coming.

Love the new club home of Scoops & Sweets MC :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Very good episode

Tara "Look what you did!", gesturing at fake miscarriage. Stupidest line ever. I didn't realise she was such a psycho.

At least Jax shot somebody in the head though. That was good. We need more of that. Those heads won't shoot themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,754 ✭✭✭lertsnim

That ending was all a bit too Dallas for my liking. Decent enough episode up until then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I've always felt a good deal of sympathy for Tara with the situation she has gotten herself into.....but not anymore.

That was a step too far. Who does that?

Kirby wrote: »
    I've always felt a good deal of sympathy for Tara with the situation she has gotten herself into.....but not anymore.

That was a step too far. Who does that?

"Dire circumstances require desperate measures."

And desperate the measures were. Still not sure were Wendy and Gemma's pistol fit into all this.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,529 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I felt it went very soap opera with that ending. But overall a very good episode always good to see Walton Goggins again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

Thought it was fairly dire myself. Both the Tara & Boyd storylines were a bit too over the top. The plot seems fairly all over the place now, which is unfortunate given the strong start. I hope they can bring it back together.

If Gemma is on the outs with Jax & the MC now it makes it easier for Nero to make a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

Tristram wrote: »
    Thought it was fairly dire myself. Both the Tara & Boyd storylines were a bit too over the top. The plot seems fairly all over the place now, which is unfortunate given the strong start. I hope they can bring it back together.

If Gemma is on the outs with Jax & the MC now it makes it easier for Nero to make a deal.

I agree but it's down to Toric(can't remember his real name) pulling out at last minute :(

Last week made me cringe when the DA took off her wig and said "Time to go ghetto sista"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

EyeSight wrote: »

Last week made me cringe when the DA took off her wig and said "Time to go ghetto sista"

Yup, all I could think was Willem Defoe taking off his/her wig in Boondock Saints. "Oh, it's on now"

They've struggled to give Gemma & Tara decent stories throughout the last couple of seasons. Although I guess this is the first time there's no chance of reconciliation, so maybe it's refreshing. Regardless, I find their scenes tiring.

While I admit the Walton Goggins story was ridiculous, it was a bit more like the old school SOA. All the guys breaking down doors chasing kooky villains.
    And they actually seem to be enjoying it, right up until Jax shoots the Ma of course

Catching up on episodes 6 and 7 and it's nice to see things go well for a change. There's a real sense of the calm before the storm and I cant see it lasting but it's been awhile since we've seen the crew kick back and enjoy themselves. Shame that episode 6 also has one of the worst moments in the history of TV. The whole "hood sister" moment was stupid and cringe worthy.

Loved episode 7. Jax's execution of Alice was really well done and unexpected as it was what really impressed was the humanity the Jax displayed to Venus in the aftermath that truly impressed. Was quite a beautiful moment that offered some much needed levity in a series which has wallowed in misery far too often lately. The execution was also interesting for the way in which it allowed Jax to deal with some of his own issues in relation to his two fathers and his own failings as a father.

Tara's miscarraige was a little ridiculous but at the same time understandable. She's a woman fearing for her kids and as such she'll do anything to protect them. There are a few ways it could have been handled better but I didn't mind it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Tara's miscarraige was a little ridiculous but at the same time understandable. She's a woman fearing for her kids and as such she'll do anything to protect them. There are a few ways it could have been handled better but I didn't mind it at all.

Ya I'm wondering if I missed something in relation to this. I have a habit of zoning out when Taras in screen. Was she ever pregnant? or did she have an abortion?

tvercetti wrote: »
    Was she ever pregnant?

No, she had the test reults falsified with the help of her boss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

Such a massive pity about Torrics's departure. Show has taken a massive dip in quality since.

There is that pistol again... I wonder why Wendy went to such lengths to get it from Gemma in the first place (while Torric was still very much in the game and hell-bent on putting Tara behind bars for the murder of his sister) and now she just gives it back to her? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Torqay wrote: »
    There is that pistol again... I wonder why Wendy went to such lengths to get it from Gemma in the first place (while Torric was still very much in the game and hell-bent on putting Tara behind bars for the murder of his sister) and now she just gives it back to her? :confused:

Two possibilities. Either it was a dropped story line due to Toric's departure........ or Tara used the gun for something and wants it back in Gemma's possession.

Kirby wrote: »
    or Tara used the gun for something and wants it back in Gemma's possession.

Wendy more likely, we don't know whether or not Tara knew about the pistol. Or did I miss something?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

what the ****'s up with juice. standing there hands in his pockets, not a care in the world when that car almost flattened him

what the ****'s up with juice. standing there hands in his pockets, not a care in the world when that car almost flattened him

Since he swung from that tree he fears death no more. :D

There were similar incedents with Juice before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

Tristram wrote: »
    Such a massive pity about Torrics's departure. Show has taken a massive dip in quality since.

Just watched the vikings the show torric left SOA to star in ther,e season 1, pretty good show its basically SOA but with longboats instead of bikes :D

Unser's cancer is keeping a very low profile these days. He myst have access to better doctors than Walter White did.

Just watched the vikings the show torric left SOA to star in ther,e season 1, pretty good show its basically SOA but with longboats instead of bikes :D

King Torric. ;)

OmoSHZy.jpg

Actually, he left for filming season 2 of Vikings.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

So did he just leave SOA out of the blue, forcing them to kill him off or what's the story?

Advertisement