Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sons Of Anarchy [FX (US) -Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

That shot of the Biz-Lat getting run over by the car was really well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

So did he just leave SOA out of the blue, forcing them to kill him off or what's the story?

Unforeseen scheduling conflict basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Love the symmetry of how all this plotting has got tara so twisted up she is becoming a mirror image of Gemma as she plots to get out of the life, just as Gemma plotted with Clay to stay in it all those years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Good God why do I bother watching this show any longer ~ its a train wreck IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

agreed, i watch it now just cause ive committed so much time to it i want to see it out...im struggling though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,814 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

could tara have told more people about her plan to leave, could hse have made it more obvious?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Tbh this show is worth it just for the single Tara arse shot per week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Tbh this show is worth it just for the single Tara arse shot per week.

Opie's bird is a much prettier sight, if she's not after being beaten up, that is. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

agreed, i watch it now just cause ive committed so much time to it i want to see it out...im struggling though...

More or less the same here, its a struggle.

Even Tara is looking a little haggard this season, although she does have a tasty arse ~ as I'd often say "I'd love to bite her arse, get lock jaw and be dragged to my death" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

It is a train wreck you 're right but at the moment its one of only two or three shows that I watch :o

I wonder is there anymore ex The Shield crew they can give a job to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,529 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wonder is there anymore ex The Shield crew they can give a job to?

Michael Chiklis is out of a job now Vegas over. Maybe Vic could put in an apperance.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

He could replace Bobby. He's fat enough for it at this stage. :P

Vic was never a thin fellow but Chiklis has gained some serious weight since his shield days.

Anyone else find that Bobby's voice seemed a little off in places this week? It was most noticiable during his conversation with Tara and almost felt like they brought in some random guy to do ADR.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Anyone else find that Bobby's voice seemed a little off in places this week? It was most noticiable during his conversation with Tara and almost felt like they brought in some random guy to do ADR.
    The same thing happened in my copy of it. There was a little glitch right before it happened when they were talking out the back. The weird voice came directly after that.

I think that the biggest problem is that there's just too much going on and as such a lot of the character development is being shortchanged. This most likely has a lot to do with the hasty rewrites that had to be done as a result of Donal Logue's departure and as such I'm more than willing to give the show a few weeks to get things back on track.

Juice standing still as the car veered down upon him felt like quite an important moments and I wouldn't be surprised to see him killed off before the season is over. Either he has a death wish or feels the need to reassert himself by showing absolutely no fear. Bobby has likewise this season been given little to do and from his conversation with Tara I got the impression that he was offering to kill Gemma if it came to it.

Tara is just all over the place and while the justification for her actions are there, it just all feels like something out of an 1960's melodrama. There's a certain sense of unreality to how she's sleepwalked her way through the season. I'm not sure if it's a bad performance or simply the poor writing for the female characters that's at fault.

Weller is the only character who has really impressed this season and that's all to do with the performance. He elevates every role he plays and can rise above poor writing. You would think that with him directing so many episodes that he would want a little more to be doing on screen but then again from everything I've read he's highly respective of writers and as such doesn't want to criticize.

Sutter seems to have a plan in place but recent comments that he can see himself possibly doing an 8th series aren't filling me with confidence and I can see the show dragging on a little too long. As it is now, series 6 isn't really shaping up to be anything other than run of the mill fare and that's a shame as it started so strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Some good points there alright.
    The shooting at the start of this season opened up a great opportunity to deal with the moral choices the club has made up until now (gun running etc), and really could have served as a last ditch effort to get out of guns; a do or die for the club. However, it's taken backseat to the tired story of Gemma v Tara, and knowing there could be two more seasons really seems like a negative.

The Club v the Irish with the wild card of an ex-Marshall on a rampage really had finale potential.

That said, I've actually enjoyed most of this season (save the Tara/Gemma battle). There's been a bit of the old swagger to it, particularly the second to most recent episode where they joined up with Bobby & co, bust-ups with police, some highway shenanigans; all good fun stuff.

Juice is definitely becoming an interesting character, we're not getting much story out of him directly, but there's been a lot of interesting things going on with him. He didn't get to do much last season, looking after Clay for the most part, so I'm glad they seem to be building towards something

Am I the only one who really hoped that there would be another Torric family member who would show up to take revenge? Could become an ongoing thing where every few weeks a member of the Torric family gets bumped off and is replaced by another.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Agreed. It's becoming too much like a soap opera that just happens to have some bikes in it at the moment. It's a shame as this Season was looking really good until the Gemma/Tara situation took over. I can understand that it's a 'big' change in Tara and that she is becoming the thing she hates and all that drama but it's really overshadowing everything else. Last week's episode was just dull which is surprising considering the excellent hit and run scene.

The series seems to have lost it's way tbh and is finding great difficulty in finding it's way back to how it used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Am I the only one who really hoped that there would be another Torric family member who would show up to take revenge? Could become an ongoing thing where every few weeks a member of the Torric family gets bumped off and is replaced by another.

No, thats the spin off in the pipeline! :pac:

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Agreed. It's becoming too much like a soap opera that just happens to have some bikes in it at the moment. It's a shame as this Season was looking really good until the Gemma/Tara situation took over. I can understand that it's a 'big' change in Tara and that she is becoming the thing she hates and all that drama but it's really overshadowing everything else. Last week's episode was just dull which is surprising considering the excellent hit and run scene.

The series seems to have lost it's way tbh and is finding great difficulty in finding it's way back to how it used to be.

The standard in recent weeks is way down but you have to remember that everything post Torric's death was thrown together quickly and months of work was most likely scrapped. Sutter and his writing staff were in a very unenviable position and it's a credit to them that they we're able to work out something coherent. Be interesting to see where the show goes in the coming weeks and I'm hoping that the original scripts will be made available

• Advertisement

And the truth shall set you free! Alot of truths spoken in this epsoide!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

WOW Bish bash bosh so much drama FINALLY comes out into the open. Phew, it was getting ridiculous the way people were making out as if Jax couldnt be spoken to or reasoned with.

Great episode, its the first time in a long time I was like "noooooo" when it ended. I couldve watched for another 30 minutes easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Ah, Jax, you're such a charmer. The way you sauntered into the DA's office with that twinkle in your eye deserves an emmy.

I never noticed how good looking Tara's lawyer is before. She didn't look so good wobbling away from the trailer looking like she'd pissed herself in fear though, the poor woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Whats the connection with the girl with the wrench's mother ??? Jax seemed to know her..

Whats the connection with the girl with the wrench's mother ??? Jax seemed to know her..

I think her Mother is the homelesss woman Jax keeps seeing! His Guardian Angel. The young girl walked past her at the end when see was digging in the dumpsters.But did not seem to notice her. (Ghost)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Jemma and Nero are two fcukin dopes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Jemma and Nero are two fcukin dopes

Gemma is absolutely ruining so much of my enjoyment from this show, I cannot stand her.

I find it hilarious that Tara fakes a pregnancy and a miscarriage and yet it's Gemma people in here are complaining about. :D I mean, Gemma hasn't done anything worthy of hatred this season. Some of the crap she used to pull sure, but lately? I'm not seeing it.

Boardsie's really do have an irrational hatred of leading women in nearly every popular show on here. It's uncanny.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,560 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Nero is such a great character.

I think the reason people hate Gemma is more that with almost 6 seasons of the show done, her relationship with the children is so overbearing to the point of being annoying and repetitive. There's a difference between loving your grandchildren, and plotting to have their mother thrown in jail so they can't leave town. Rather than trying to make Tara and Jax stay in Charming by helping them, she constantly schemes to drive them apart to get Tara out of picture, which backfires meaning they say she's not allowed to see the kids.

If for once she was honest and wasn't plotting something behind their backs or threatening people, maybe they would stay in Charming and all would be well.

For such a manipulative character, she's so incredibly stupid. She brings all these troubles on herself and causes more trouble trying to fix them.

The fact that she's threatened Margaret about a dozen times by now is also ridiculous. I know they're related in real life, but again, it's just boring at this stage.

• Advertisement

Penn wrote: »
    Nero is such a great character.

I think the reason people hate Gemma is more that with almost 6 seasons of the show done, her relationship with the children is so overbearing to the point of being annoying and repetitive. There's a difference between loving your grandchildren, and plotting to have their mother thrown in jail so they can't leave town. Rather than trying to make Tara and Jax stay in Charming by helping them, she constantly schemes to drive them apart to get Tara out of picture, which backfires meaning they say she's not allowed to see the kids.

If for once she was honest and wasn't plotting something behind their backs or threatening people, maybe they would stay in Charming and all would be well.

For such a manipulative character, she's so incredibly stupid. She brings all these troubles on herself and causes more trouble trying to fix them.

The fact that she's threatened Margaret about a dozen times by now is also ridiculous. I know they're related in real life, but again, it's just boring at this stage.

I get the point you are making but its worth bearing in mind that Gemma didn't actually do that. We thought she may have but they revealed earlier this season that it wasn't her who called the cops on Tara.

Advertisement