Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sons Of Anarchy [FX (US) -Spoilers]

Options

Comments

Nemanrio wrote: »
    Yes, but probably should have been wise to fact of Jax's reputation/recent bereavement. The guy seemed a bit thick anyway tbf.His father probably should have had a word.

There is no reason that they should have worried. Jax has a reputation for looking after those close to him and those who lend a hand and I'm not sure why losing Tara would mean that people should be wary of him. It was just another stupid plot point that rewrites characters simply to forward the plot. That's a dozen better ways out could have been done but the writing staff in the show ate just lazy at this stage

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I keep hoping Ramos goes from Mayan to Masseria! He needs more screen time.

Another pretty generic and bland episode which attempts to further lay the ground work for the all out war that the show is promising. Events unfolded here with the glacial pace one has come to expect from the show, at first appearance there appears to be a lot going on this week but really it doesn't come to much. Jax manoeuvring against Lin and drawing the other gangs in has some potential but the entire episode felt like nothing more than killing time.

I think that the biggest problem with the series is that with Tara gone there's no one there to act as the voice of reason. The show needs someone to at the very least play off Jax and create some conflict, Wendy seems to be shaping up to fill that void but the writers may want to get one with it. Uncer and Nero could work nicely in the role but they've never stood up to Jax and his grandstanding. Booby is the perfect character to act as the conscience of the club, to try and redirect Jax but the writers decided to just throw out 6 series of character development and give us a Bobby who may as well be a whole new character.

The episodes big moment of Chibs and Juice is nicely played but like everything else this series offers nothing new. We've seen a teary eyed Juice reach out before and at this stage this weeks diner scene could have been shot any number of series ago and just used now. I'm assuming that Juice is going to do something completely ridiculous and stupid in a bit to make amends, can see him sacrificing himself for the sake of the club followed by one of the shows beloved montages where everyone stares into nothing while looking sad. It also seems that now that Chibs has said goodbye to that love he has for Juice that he can now move on to the sheriff. They already have a nice laid back chemistry and it might be nice for the show to have a relationship that isn't build on lies and bodies.

That Gemma seems so safe just feels like a waste. I had expected this final series to finally do something interesting with her character and having the threat of Jax's discovering what she did hanging over her could make for great TV but instead it seems that the show is in no hurry to get to that.

The highlight of this weeks episode once again involved Nero only this time it was somewhat unintentional. The scene of the Mayans gunning down the rogue One-Niners was just pure and utter nonsense. It played out like something out of a direct to video 80s action film and the CGI blood was laughable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Crazy Christ

Booby is the perfect character to act as the conscience of the club

I don't think you meant that, but it gave me a laugh. Bobby is probably the best one to take over that moniker now that Tara is gone. I wonder if they could have had Tara's ass live on as a separate character. It showed real range.

As Jax runs all over the place telling people to do things and then at the last second shooting them in a fiendish manner, I'm struck by how little I care anymore.

As Ulcer ferrets around being earnest and helping people so that he can kid himself that he's not a psychopath too, I'm struck by how little I care anymore.

As Adriana positions herself to look after the children of the corn, I'm struck by how little I care anymore.

As Gemma and the life of crime get their claws back into the Honey Monster by encouraging him to stand in an alley with his muchachos and hold a fake gun and make shooting sounds and move it back and forth while the victims pretend to have seizures and fall down, I'm struck by how little I care anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Typical SOA episode is like playing Grant Theft Auto. Jax and the crew go talk to some gangster, and get handed a random mission that they have to complete before the end of the hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,528 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The sh1t just hit the fan!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Holy ****

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Quite enjoyed that episode. Things seem to be moving along now.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭blackwave

Well thats certainly shook the Apple cart, I thought there would be a lot of bloodshed for the Sons this season. However this is coming a lot earlier than I imagined it would. Jax is a little caught out now with no real back up from other gangs too.

Here's hoping that there will be a lot more bloodshed. The show always seemed to be afraid to kill off main characters, all the A-Team style fights and the long dragged out Clay resolution.

I think Juice should have been freshly squeezed a long time ago. I'm tired of hearing him whining, I don't get the focus on this, are people really going to feel for a mass murderer just because he is full of guilt?

I'd like to see Unser get the all clear from cancer only to fall down the stairs of the clinic on the way out. Something mildly amusing. On that episode just there I hadn't seen the grenade part as I got distracted but as I saw the explosion I thought somebody might have lit a match around one of Bobby's farts or something.

P.S. First Marilyn Manson, now Courtney Love. Maybe she will fall in love with Jax as he kind of looks like Kurt. Then she can arrange to have him killed too.

dyKB1gN.png?1

• Advertisement

...The show always seemed to be afraid to kill off main characters...

Ah here, its anything but

Ah here, its anything but

Maybe afraid to kill is not correct, but I do think they kept Clay too long, and the same with Juice. Funnily enough, I think they should have kept Tara longer. Not that I want people to get killed for the sake of it, but I feel the story would have been better served if Clay went earlier, Tara remained on to provide some sort of moral centre and maybe a few more people die unexpectedly and have more weight in the gunfights, i.e. somebody catch a bullet out of nowhere so as to make it more realistic. The way it is I find the gunfights tedious as you know bullets will be sprayed everywhere and all the opposing men will drop and the most any of the core characters will get is a flesh wound.

Opie and Piney, okay, but the overall feeling is that the core guys are always okay and there's no sense of danger in any gunfights. This last season I'm expecting a few to drop.

Maybe afraid to kill is not correct, but I do think they kept Clay too long, and the same with Juice. Funnily enough, I think they should have kept Tara longer.

Opie and Piney, okay, but the overall feeling is that the core guys are always okay and there's no sense of danger in any gunfights. This last season I'm expecting a few to drop.

Clay and Juice I definitely agree with. Mad to think not too long ago Juice was one of my favourite characters.

Was quite surprised when Tig got hit in that episode, obviously he wasn't gonna die (I don't like to see my Tiggy get hurt :pac: )

I do too, I just wonder how close we are to someone finally dropping. Does anyone think Nero might be in danger? it wouldn't surprise me.

Unser to be the only survivor as the credits roll in the final episode. That's my guess anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,570 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Best episode of the season so far, I think Jax thinks all his plans will work without a hitch but he is finding out the hard way that's not the case. Also love the Tig and Venus relationship I hope they and Chibs and the sheriff survive the final episode and live happily ever after 。◕‿◕。

• Registered Users Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭Penn

So, they were all within about 10ft of a grenade, and... all fine?

It was a pretty good episode, but as per usual, so much unnecessary stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

I thought the chinese didn't know that the Sons were behind the drugs,murders etc.?

I thought the chinese didn't know that the Sons were behind the drugs,murders etc.?

Think there is a spy in the camp possibly Juice? Also looks like Jemma plans to kill Juice but I'd say Juice has an idea that she might try that's hot he packed a gun!

They realised that someone ratted them out to the Chinese, they just don't know who it was. My money's on Jury from the Indian Hills charter, since he found out they killed his guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

Penn wrote: »
    They realised that someone ratted them out to the Chinese, they just don't know who it was. My money's on Jury from the Indian Hills charter, since he found out they killed his guys.

Ya,good shout,it was probably him alright.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Unser to be the only survivor as the credits roll in the final episode. That's my guess anyway.

Funnily enough, a friend of mine thinks the exact same thing.

Great episode, the preceding 3 were all about setting this up. Sutter normally does a big 4th and 7th episode, and same pattern this season.

Where's Darko? Love to read his weekly assessment of this week episode! :)

Where's Darko? Love to read his weekly assessment of this week episode! :)

Have some personal stuff going on atm and not in the mood to watch this weeks shows. All I've been watching these past days is Fringe as its the perfect show go take my mind off just how badly life can suck.

Have some personal stuff going on atm and not in the mood to watch this weeks shows. All I've been watching these past days is Fringe as its the perfect show go take my mind off just how badly life can suck.

Ok man, sorry to hear about your troubles and hope things get better for you! SAMCRO can wait until your ready to catch up with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

This week's episode might improve your mood, its ridiculously stupid in parts but still probably the best episode of the season!

Am I missing something, how is the sheriff and chibs related??

One more thing that really bugs me is why they build up the story about teller and his legacy only for jax to go and destroy everything in the last season?

Mc Love wrote: »
    This week's episode might improve your mood, its ridiculously stupid in parts but still probably the best episode of the season!

Am I missing something, how is the sheriff and chibs related??

One more thing that really bugs me is why they build up the story about teller and his legacy only for jax to go and destroy everything in the last season?

Chibs and the sheriff aren't related, they just had instant sexual attraction and tension. Either that or the sheriff doesn't like him and is just using him to get closer to Jax and the club, but Chibs definitely seems to have fallen for her anyway.

Damm I would have loved Juice to have pulled the trigger at the end!!

They are going to drag this out like they did with Clay.

"You are so gay" "Just gay enough" - oh how I love Tig

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Yeah, was really hoping to see Juice finish Gemma there, really put a spanner in the works! :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,754 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Don't let me down Juice (though I think you will :mad:)

Advertisement