Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sons Of Anarchy [FX (US) -Spoilers]

Options
1656667686971»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Gemma Teller will annoy the hell out of you as will Jax in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,538 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah, it's a show that's more up and down than most. Seasons 1, 2, 4 & 5 are great, as is the ending to Season 3 which was just sublime. And it does take a while to get going in Season 1.

It just really took some bad turns towards the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Mc Love wrote: »
    Gemma Teller will annoy the hell out of you as will Jax in the end.

Can you say why without spoilers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Let's just say she lived too long. Towards the end the show became about her not the club going against why I liked the show in the first place.
    Season 3 will make you want to smash your TV, but stick with it it improves after

Penn wrote: »
    Yeah, it's a show that's more up and down than most. Seasons 1, 2, 4 & 5 are great, as is the ending to Season 3 which was just sublime. And it does take a while to get going in Season 1.

It just really took some bad turns towards the end.

That post contains both an encouragement to watch AND also casts further doubts about watching. :P

• Advertisement

Let's just say she lived too long. Towards the end the show became about her not the club going against why I liked the show in the first place.
    Season 3 will make you want to smash your TV, but stick with it it improves after

I haven't yet taken a liking to any of the characters. It isn't because of the actors or such - they are giving good performances.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭guapos

Definitely worth sticking with, you'll be emotionally involved before long. Only downside is the season were they go to Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,538 ✭✭✭✭Penn

That post contains both an encouragement to watch AND also casts further doubts about watching. :P

That's why the show is such a mixed bag :D. But I think stick with it for another while anyway. It does have some great characters and moments.

guapos wrote: »
    Definitely worth sticking with, you'll be emotionally involved before long. Only downside is the season were they go to Belfast.

Great episode - one of my fav characters Galen O'Se

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Her husband is the writer so she got put front & centre in almost every storyline

• Advertisement

guapos wrote: »

A downside because of bad storylines or do they do an Oirish & shillelagh version of Belfast?
    Clareman wrote: »
    Her husband is the writer so she got put front & centre in almost every storyline

I recollect hearing that a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Contessa Raven

A downside because of bad storylines or do they do an Oirish & shillelagh version of Belfast?

The bit in bold.....

Tbh, I love Sons. Has some low points but I think it's got way more good points. Just my opinion of course but I would recommend sticking with it for a bit longer and see how you feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

The funny thing about the Belfast season was that two of the characters whos "Oirish" accent I rolled my eyes at turned out to actually BE Irish!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

The funny thing about the Belfast season was that two of the characters whos "Oirish" accent I rolled my eyes at turned out to actually BE Irish!

Keith out of Fair City(the actor died recently) was in a few episodes of SOA

Have any American TV shows ever got "foreigners" right?:p

I dont understand why Timmy Murphy puts on the accent. He's even done it in Westworld. Its terrible!!

I dont understand why Timmy Murphy puts on the accent. He's even done it in Westworld. Its terrible!!

Maybe he is told too or that is how he gets the jobs in the first place - because he sounds "proper Irish"

Finished this show just there now. Wow, absolutely fantastic. Up there with the very best. Great ending.

Timmy Murphy has come along way from riding Fidelma and trying to get off with Biddy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Timmy Murphy has come along way from riding Fidelma and trying to get off with Biddy :D

Ssssshhh, witness protection bro!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement