Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sons Of Anarchy [FX (US) -Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

I don't think American's know the difference between a good and bad Irish accent. It's just an Irish accent to them. I posed the question to a bunch of people in the Sons thread at another American forum and they took no notice of the accent in that clip. I couldn't believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

C_Dawg wrote: »
    Also they're supposed to be going in under the radar but they all got motorcycles when they landed? Surely bundling them into a Transit van would of been a more discrete way of travelling and more realistic too.
    Then every one would complain that they made us Irish look cheap and stupid by only using a transit van when there's loads of bikers all over the country, especially in the north that could have loaned them bikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

caspa307 wrote: »
    slightly off topic anyone know anwhere in ireland to get s.o.a merchendise (preferably limerick)

I would like to know as well. Only found an American site but always had trouble when ordering anything from America. Would love a SONS black hoody!

Ya, Jimmy O is usually the worst for the accents but that particular scene was dreadful. Made me think he no one is saying to him that its a really bad accent. I mean cmon, he only has a few lines, he should be asking for advice on how to pull off the few lines he has. That phone behind Gemma is a disgrace hahaha

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

This is an american site, but a few of the lads i work with have ordered from it and got the gear fairly sharpish. You can create your own rockers on them as well

http://www.ventma.com/tshirts/index.php?cPath=58&osCsid=9b6276b2ad472050f42af5e56b933156

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    This is an american site, but a few of the lads i work with have ordered from it and got the gear fairly sharpish. You can create your own rockers on them as well

http://www.ventma.com/tshirts/index.php?cPath=58&osCsid=9b6276b2ad472050f42af5e56b933156

A Sons of Anarchy Dublin hoody would be class. I know what i'll be asking the wife for this xmas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,855 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

disaster after disaster after disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

I think I know what's going on. That old she-male of a supervisor from the hospital is John Teller after a sex change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Pretty poor mock up of the PSNI jeeps and uniforms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 SAMCRO

Just heard this morning that Ralph "Sonny" Barger is set to appear in the season finally of SOA on November 30th. For those who dont know Sonny is a legend in the biker world a has been a member of the Hells Angels MC for 30+ years. He was also president of the Oakland chapter for many years. I cant wait to she what they do with him:D:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

That was a great episode. so much happened. The priest is a ****.

• Advertisement

"I almost shagged my brother Ma"

• Registered Users Posts: 86,365 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

That exchange between Gemma and Maureen was classic

Trinity seemed to have real feelings for Jax whereas he didnt care either way even though he could have delved into Tig territory :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

That was a great episode, not only does it show the impact that the club has on others (carnage in their 4 days in Ireland) but it ties nicely back to season 1 with JT's "book" and Jax wanting more for Abel. Jax has some real soul searching to do, the Priest is a great character.

Best part of the show has to be Trinity's and Jax's reactions, aswell as the mothers "little slut", "yes he is"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

It was good to see them killing some of their enemies for once, but somehow they still let Jimmy get away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

that was easily the worst ep of s.o.a ive seen

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I don't know if it was the worst but it was definitely the most "rushed" episode, they seem to have ran out of time for the series and need to start next seasons story line

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

Clareman wrote: »
    I don't know if it was the worst but it was definitely the most "rushed" episode, they seem to have ran out of time for the series and need to start next seasons story line
    ok yeah worst was a bit harsh but yeah it just felt very rite lets go maybe the visa's expired lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

In fairness the episodes in ireland went on too long for my liking , all the other seasons of SOA were very fastpaced this season this particular storyline is dragging, i thought the scene of jax following the baby with the parents around the market was very well done.

Getting very tempted to order a custom SOA zip up hoodie :-) i dunno would Cork or dublin look cheesy on it though

In fairness the episodes in ireland went on too long for my liking , all the other seasons of SOA were very fastpaced this season this particular storyline is dragging, i thought the scene of jax following the baby with the parents around the market was very well done.

I agree it was very well done. And it was quite emotional aswell lol

i dunno would Cork or dublin look cheesy on it though

It would :)

• Advertisement

i wonder if anyone knows what song it was from the market scene??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

i wonder if anyone knows what song it was from the market scene??

Sun Kill Moon - Alesund

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Getting very tempted to order a custom SOA zip up hoodie :-) i dunno would Cork or dublin look cheesy on it though

If you also notice, Jax gave a homeless woman some money, the same homeless girl has appeared in all 3 seasons so far, once talking to Katy Segal outside a shop before Cherry got busted, the other is at the cemetary where she talks to Jax and gives him a blanket.

I glad the Irish stuff is over now, it was OK but a bit far fetched at times....and the accents, good lord, the accents. Now back to Charming to tidy up the loose ends there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

SOA has been spiralling downwards since the baby was kidnapped. The ides that a fleeing "professional" terrorist would burden himself with a baby as he escaped is beyond ludicrous.

The whole Irish part of this season has been awful - ffs they were filming here, could they not even get the accents right?

isn't this stil based on shakespeare?

The whole Irish part of this season has been awful - ffs they were filming here, could they not even get the accents right?[/QUOTE]
    Only the long shots/Riding through the country was filmed here the rest was filmed in America

Even so. I am sure that there are plenty of good Irish actors in the United States.

It's base loosely around Hamlet.

They seem to be setting up the next season to be around the ladies running the show, the club are going to be going on break while the ladies are left on the outside. I wonder if the phone with Hale's voice will be found and be brought into play..............

They seem to be setting up the next season to be around the ladies running the show, the club are going to be going on break while the ladies are left on the outside. I wonder if the phone with Hale's voice will be found and be brought into play..............
    I dunno about the phone being found , there was some line in the last episode allright about hale being stupid to go against the club now after jax basically saving him etc etc... will be interesting to see how it plays out.

• Advertisement

It used to be anyway, but it looks to me like they abandoned that idea in series 2. It would have been a much better show if Opie and Jax had gone against Clay. It's been a bit of a farce since Opie found out the truth and did nothing, the whole baby being kidnapped and brought to Ireland was unbelievably crap. Don't know why I'm still watching it to be honest!

Advertisement