Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of selling house-Balbriggan

Options
  • 27-08-2008 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,
    Im thinking of selling my house in moylaragh, Balbriggan-
    and maybe renting for a while to see if prices go down further,
    has anyone got any recent info on house sales in balbriggan? is much being sold- are prices going down alot?
    I have a 3 bed end terace in moylaragh so hopefully that will help-

Im not sure if the renting option is worth it- if the market is in for only a soft landing I might just stay where I am,
    any advice/info is welcome,

Alberto

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭netopia

would what you'd hope to make money-wise doing this honestly be worth more than what you'd have to pay in stampduty on a new home as a non-1st time buyer?

Or do you just want out of Moylaragh (Balbriggan)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭tiredmam

As far as i know if you are buying a brand new house you dont have to pay stamp duty, first time buyer or not.
    By all means put your house on the market, but prepare yourself for a long wait even for viewings.

No stamp duty for 1st time buyers once the house is below a certain sq footage

It counts for second time buyers as well.

Now you have me wanting to move Tiredman

• Advertisement

Yep, hand on my heart, we were viewing a house and were told no stamp duty applies. We already own this one.

Only problem I would see from living in a house in Balbriggan is that if you wanted to move closer to the city centre there isn't a great lot of choices in an affordable range in new homes that aren't apartments.

Advertisement