Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF2 and Windows Vista problem.

Options
  • 27-08-2008 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

ok, so i have windows and i have battlefield 2. its installed on my pc with the latest game patch and everything seems ok, but when i enter most servers(some work but not for long) i get kicked by 'Punkbuster' for a variety of reasons. ive read up on the issue only to find alot of people saying to run the game as administraitor. i did and it dosent work. ive also tried pausing every antivirus programme on the pc and downloaded various Punkbuster files from the site but still no luck. can anyone explain clearly what is wrong, and what can i do to fix it? any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

I'd a similar issue with 2142 and Vista ultimate 64. Run BF2 go back to desktop, go to services on task manager and look for a service called pnkbstra.exe, that was my problem it was't running. Just try reinstalling punk buster, a mate sent me on the service exe and had no probs since. also try manually updating by downloading pbsetup.exe from the net.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Spiritine

Run BF2 in administrator mode and your set, can do this by right clicking on the icon and goin to properties, i cant remember if this is xp or vista, prob both

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Murray135 wrote: »
    Run BF2 in administrator mode and your set, can do this by right clicking on the icon and goin to properties, i cant remember if this is xp or vista, prob both

He said Vista and he said he already tried doing that. Out of curiosity, what parts of the original post did you read?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

I had the same problem with COD4 yesterday actually. I just went to the punkbuster site and installed everything associated with PB and the game itself, and any (of the various) issues I had were gone... Not sure what the cause was though... chances are it's as was said above, with Windows not starting the PB process.

Zillah wrote: »
    He said Vista and he said he already tried doing that. Out of curiosity, what parts of the original post did you read?

Not very much of it obviously lol

briefly read it and tought it was the problem i had too, when i saw punkbuster and administrator, i tought he was getting the error pb gives if u dont have admin priv when u dont run the game as an admin

and i meant im not sure if that was on xp or vista that i had the problem

Does that solve your curiosity problemi zillah?:)

• Advertisement

Mantiis wrote: »
    ok, so i have windows and i have battlefield 2. its installed on my pc with the latest game patch and everything seems ok, but when i enter most servers(some work but not for long) i get kicked by 'Punkbuster' for a variety of reasons. ive read up on the issue only to find alot of people saying to run the game as administraitor. i did and it dosent work. ive also tried pausing every antivirus programme on the pc and downloaded various Punkbuster files from the site but still no luck. can anyone explain clearly what is wrong, and what can i do to fix it? any help appreciated.

Can you give us some of the 'reasons' from the variety of them that it gives you when you get kicked :)

Advertisement