Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anybody tried...

Options
  • 27-08-2008 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭

Has anybody out there tried a product called 'Trim gel'.. Its a gel that you rub into problem areas (where your trying to lose weight). My friend started it on monday and has lost a pound already! Im jujst wondering what the catch is!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

never heard of it before now

http://www.trimgel.co.uk/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Sounds totally dodgy. Most of these 'toning' products have egg white as their active ingredient so it temporarily tightens the skin. Scams like that.

Your friends weight loss is most probably due to other factors. A pound and 3 days just isn't long enough to verify that the cream is doing it.

I'll stick with my squats.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

m'lady wrote: »
    Has anybody out there tried a product called 'Trim gel'.. Its a gel that you rub into problem areas (where your trying to lose weight). My friend started it on monday and has lost a pound already! Im jujst wondering what the catch is!
    Losing a pound in three days could be due to anything.

I feel for people who put their faith in products like this.
    You apply TRIMGEL directly to the known ‘problem areas’ where fat accumulates – for example your stomach, thighs, and hips. You sleep, you work, you’re on holiday - your body is slimming all day long without you even noticing.

If you could get the eating less and being more active message into a tube and sell in on shopping TV God knows you'd make a fortune.

Jesus Wept.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

After a bit of googling
    http://www.trimgel.co.uk/?gclid=CPf05qHVkpECFSFYEgodEQ76PQ

Seems to be fake http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080125131840AAmbhbp

People seems sceptical, which is likely as the only proven way to loose weight is to exercise (burn more than you eat).

We'll see how your bf gets on. Hopefully it works for him.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

LOL that reminds me of those invisible mascaras - what's the point??

"Invisible slimming-nobody will know!!"
    I would be quite worried if you did notice your body slimming during the day...it would probably suggest that you are quite ill and in need of medical attention.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

taconnol wrote: »

Your friends weight loss is most probably due to other factors. A pound and 3 days just isn't long enough to verify that the cream is doing it.

I'll stick with my squats.

I'd probably lose a couple of pounds taking my morning dump, massive scam

I was going to say that but thought it was a bit gross. Thanks for saying it instead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭Curlypinkie

:rolleyes:

I can' believe there are still people out there who will believe this.

There are a few ways of slimming down. Creams are not one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

m'lady wrote: »

The catch is it won't work.

Other than that it's great I'm sure.

~facepalm~

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I've heard of 'lucky people' losing 49.95 pounds in under two minutes on this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Taylieboo

It looks Dodgy to me. Let us know if she loses a lot of weight from i though just in case it works:):):) I have a wedding next week and could do with losing a few pounds:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

I've been scouring the internet looking for a way to get rid of my baby weight the lazy way and i have considered it all, funny tea, gel, miracle burn, hoodia, etc but i have to say it appears the only way is healthy eating and exercise and while i hardly eat as it is the exercise thing is what i am finding hard to get time for.

If its works let me know :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

A fool and her money are easily parted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Oh God :eek: - Be very, very careful because this stuff really works, one of the lads in my Office bought it for his girlfriend, but he mistakenly thought it was an all over body cream......She's now completely portable :-(

kenadie_jourdin_bromley.jpg

Advertisement