Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

teaching through cao or post grad???

• 27-08-2008 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi everyone!!
    Ok im seriously confused here!!

I did my leaving cert last year and i am just about to begin my 2nd year in a level 8 business degree in dcu. i have decided that i really want to do teaching though. im planning on finishing my course as theres no point in wasting it.

I got 465 in my leaving (without honours irish which im goin to do this year). The points for pats this year was 470, marino 465 and i think froebel was 460?? As i am going to finish my degree in business do u think i should apply for teaching as a post grad course or apply through the cao??
    i know post grad course is extremely hard to get into (do u know the average amount that go for it and that get it??) but also im cutting it a bit fine with my points (465).

what do u think i should do???

Also can u apply for the post grad every year??

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 gramhar

well I did the leaving cert this year! I got 510 and an A1 in Irish! I chose science in tcd (1st choice) but now really have the urge to do primary school teaching...i wreck my own head! Im kinda in the same boat! If I still really want to do it next year i think im just going to reapply through the CAO! however if i were you, i would attempt postgrad and work on irish, rather than starting from scratch, although postgrad is getting more and more difficult each year! Sorry I cannot be of more help!

Advertisement