Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Grinds in the Sligo Area

Options
  • 27-08-2008 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi Everyone. Does anyone have any information regarding the availability of Irish grinds in the Sligo area? Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Wait until school starts and you might find ads in the Sligo Post,Champion or Weekender of teachers offering grinds.
    I don't know anyone offering Irish grinds on the top of my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Yep, I'd say you'd be best to check with the school. They'll probably be able to give you information on people who are offering grinds or maybe sort something out inside of school to help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭SO89

Thanks for replies. I checked through papers but couldn't see anything. I will see if his school can recommend anyone. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭ems_12

I used to do Irish grinds with a guy called Michael McKeever, in Rathedmond.
    Older gent, and at the time I thought I wasn't learning much (wasn't rhyming off verbs, and thought I still had no clue about them and more!) and he did strange tasks at the time (lots of story writing, not so much "technical") but afterwards sort of realised it was helpful - he helps with the oral a lot, and the little phrases you pick up are a great help (the ones you find on the back of sugar packets!).
    Not sure if it's what your after, but it's a start!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭SO89

Thats great ems. I will look him up. Cheers for reply.

• Advertisement
Advertisement