Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cost per square metre, one storey extn

• 27-08-2008 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi,

This is a kind of 'how long is a piece of string' question, but I am just looking for an indication.

I have looked at a house which needs extending. I would not want to submit planning, so would extend by the permitted 40m square- this would just be one room on the ground floor. This would contain a kitchen diner, but I will factor in the cost of the kitchen seperately, it's the bare extn I am looking at.

I am trying to work out if I could afford this, so would like some indication of a cost for this.

The house is in Dublin and like I say, I would be looking at a fairly simple one-roomed extn.

Thanks a million!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I wouldnt be up to speed on Dublin prices but I would imagine that you are probably looking at around €1000/m2 and you would probably have to fit out your kitchen on top of that.

Going the direct labour route would save up to 15% approx and you would save more if you had some friends and relations who could help out.

Some of the other guys who post here regularly will be able to give you a more accurate figure.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

100-150 euro basic builders spec, then maybe 200-250 euro for a more stylish spec.

all prices per square foot.
    got these figures of a builder on site today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 lazyg

Thanks Guys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

You're welcome :)

Advertisement