Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Castle Crashers

• 27-08-2008 5:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭

So what do ye all think of it...it was a bit pricy but you are getting a lot out of it...fairly simplistic yet effective rpg game..I went the red knight and am up o lvl 20....wish i went the blue knight as my powers kinda suck..Tell me how your getting on and what lvl your on:?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'm enjoying it. Only played a level or so with the Yellow Knight, and about 8 levels online with the White Guy. It's fun. A bit frustrating at times, but a good laugh. Can see 4 player being a riot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Tried the demo, and its kinda fun alright. Might pick it up in a few weeks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,287 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I hadnt even heard of this game till last night. Aboslutely loving it so far although the connection issues are a bit annoying.
    Gotten to lvl 14 with the blue knight and so far the powers arent to exciting, only able to freeze guys atm. Think ill try the red guy tomorrow.
    Anybody know where the golden wheel and telescope are? Been having trouble finding them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

yea...im having connection issues as well...add me anyone if you want a game...GT:Fin321............................
    psthe wheel and telescope are in 2 different locations before you cross the river..id stock up on beefing up and hp bottles because you will need them against the dragon thing....you need to jump up and starting hit the dragon when your beefed up..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Who are you guys playing with, randomers on Xbox live?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I played the demo and don't understand what a ll the fuss is about :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

VinLieger wrote: »
    I hadnt even heard of this game till last night. Aboslutely loving it so far although the connection issues are a bit annoying.
    Gotten to lvl 14 with the blue knight and so far the powers arent to exciting, only able to freeze guys atm. Think ill try the red guy tomorrow.
    Anybody know where the golden wheel and telescope are? Been having trouble finding them

I've found the telescope, it's
    in the "industrial castle", which you need access to the sandwich power up to get into
    , havent gotten to the wheel yet (I'm as far as lava world)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

does anyone know how to get past the third boss on the final level(the place with 4 doors to go though)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Tried it the other night, 4 player co-op. Great craic for an arcade game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Played through the whole game on Saturday, 4 player co-op was awesome. We all brought TVs and were set for a big lan but then we just played castle crashers on 1 console and TV all day.

Great fun. Little disappointed with the upper level spells for the blue guy. The attack is very linear, as in right in front of the character rather than an area type spell.

One of the lads maxed out defense first and he was unstoppable by the end of the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Vegeta wrote: »
    Played through the whole game on Saturday, 4 player co-op was awesome. We all brought TVs and were set for a big lan but then we just played castle crashers on 1 console and TV all day.

Great fun. Little disappointed with the upper level spells for the blue guy. The attack is very linear, as in right in front of the character rather than an area type spell.

One of the lads maxed out defense first and he was unstoppable by the end of the game.

Yes he was.... A little too unstoppable. ;) Oh, I learned something since; XP points are awarded for hitting the enemy.... Not the number of kills or damage done!! It incentivises using the x button above all else!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I played the demo and thought it was great fun. Will purchase it in a while.

Yes he was.... A little too unstoppable. ;) Oh, I learned something since; XP points are awarded for hitting the enemy.... Not the number of kills or damage done!! It incentivises using the x button above all else!!!

Ah that explains why he was able to level up so much faster. Noted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Vegeta wrote: »

I guess he's just a master planner, a legendary tactician of sorts...I hope you got his autograph.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

played the demo last night. Is it just me or does it really play like Golden Axe?

Golden Axe with a sense of humour, great graphics and leveling up. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Golden Axe for a more demanding generation of gamers! It's much deeper, but it's a good comparison. I'd imagine many of us have good memories of Golden Axe!

Mr. K wrote: »
    I guess he's just a master planner, a legendary tactician of sorts...I hope you got his autograph.

Yes that's it exactly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

There no doubt there are great memories of it. I found the first level and the fighting style was a direct homage to Golden Axe. Such a good thing in fact that I may splash out and buy it.

I finished this last week, and I'm still playing it. There is something very addictive about it.

Looking forward to the patch coming out to fix online play. I'd love to play online with 3 other irish players. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,797 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Was going to buy this so got the demo. Glad I didn't waste my money. Thought it was extremely repetitive and dull. It was like Streets of Rage or those Konami and Capcom beat'em ups but far more simplistic. It reminded me of Alien Hominoid, a game trying to take on it's peers but utterly failing but getting praise because it was an independent game. I'll be sticking with Alien vs. Predator and Simpsons arcade instead.

If I had made my decision based on the tiny boring section from the demo, I'd never have bought it. Read some reviews....

Advertisement