Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tata Motors coming to Europe?

Options
  • 27-08-2008 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭

2010-tata-safari-5.jpg

Tata Safari is the first SUV to be designed, developed and manufactured entirely in India. Tata claims that the Safari delivers almost the same power and torque as the Mitsubishi Pajero, but available at 60% of the Pajero’s price.

First version of the Safari was released in 1998. Last modifications were carried out in 2005. Now 2010 model has been spied in Europe.

Will Europe(perhaps even North America) see the Tata Safari on sale soon or are they just testing the car in Europe? Hard to tell, but with decreasing SUV sales it is going to be hard for another SUV that has no name and name to enter the market.

I think it looks horrible. Like a Chevy Captiva mixed with Jeep Liberty.

More pictures of the 2010 Safari

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Moses7 wrote: »
    2010-tata-safari-5.jpg

Tata Safari is the first SUV to be designed, developed and manufactured entirely in India. Tata claims that the Safari delivers almost the same power and torque as the Mitsubishi Pajero, but available at 60% of the Pajero’s price.

I could make something in my shed that had the same power and torque as a pajero. doesnt mean it's going to be any good.

Hell , if I stick a rocket to the roof it's tear strips off a Ferrari too. Still wont make anyone buy one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The last Safari was complete and utter rubbish, in fact there are still new ones unsold on the Naas Road. The 1.9 Peugeot diesel engine was a joke for somthing that was supposed to propel an off-roader. It's also very narrow looking.

Don't Tata own LandRover now? maybe that's why the new machine is (allegedly) so heavy. at over 2200kg, that's more than a Land Cruiser GX (around 1900kg) and slightly less than a Land Cruiser V8 (2615kg -the huge one!)

This thing will never be cheap enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Oh good god. More misery vehicles on the streets.
    As if Hyundai aren't bad enough...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

The building I work in has a Tata office, its been there for a while now. Might be the regional office for Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

KTRIC wrote: »
    The building I work in has a Tata office, its been there for a while now. Might be the regional office for Germany.

Needn't have anything to do with vehicles though, the TATA conglomerate has a finger in almost every pie going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

10-10-20 wrote: »
    Oh good god. More misery vehicles on the streets.
    As if Hyundai aren't bad enough...

+1 expect the Hyundai bit, i like 'em lol

But really the current Safari the only one's i have seen are for sale. I think i know of one person who has ever owned a Tata. I must try and get a drive in one. Can't complain until i've seen one i suppose. Anyone here have personal experience with them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Like the call centres, anything from india is usually bad. It seems they can't do anything right over there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

peasant wrote: »
    Needn't have anything to do with vehicles though, the TATA conglomerate has a finger in almost every pie going.

Just checked on the way in this morning, TATA Consulting :rolleyes:

I can imagine them offering consulting services to VW or BMW :D, might explain the state of the current range.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

I have seen loads of Tata in the North. There's even a dealer on the ring road around Ballymena.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

Moses7 wrote: »
    2010-tata-safari-5.jpg

First version of the Safari was released in 1998. Last modifications were carried out in 2005. Now 2010 model has been spied in Europe.

Will Europe(perhaps even North America) see the Tata Safari on sale soon or are they just testing the car in Europe? Hard to tell, but with decreasing SUV sales it is going to be hard for another SUV that has no name and name to enter the market.

I think it looks horrible. Like a Chevy Captiva mixed with Jeep Liberty.

More pictures of the 2010 Safari

they sell some over here but its generally just bulk bought cheap tata pickups bought for next to nothing and sold on for the same kinda price...

2 in my local area, no major issues reported other then the fact thats its ultra weak.... get into a small in one of them and kiss your legs/life goodbye.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭colsers22

towel401 wrote: »
    Like the call centres, anything from india is usually bad. It seems they can't do anything right over there

Whatcha talkin' bout Willis?
    I'm with 3 mobile, and everytime I ring their call centre in India, they are nothing but courtious. They are gas..
    If you call them to complain about something and they have to deviate from their script, they hang up on you..

Back on topic, that car is fugly..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

That car is manky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

colm_mcm wrote: »
    The last Safari was complete and utter rubbish, in fact there are still new ones unsold on the Naas Road.

I saw a new one recently on a garage forecourt. It has been purchased
    in the last few weeks after i would say,maybe 6 months. The one thing
    that stood out on this car was the amount of rust visible on the registration
    plate... so can only imagine that the paint just about covers up the rest..

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

colsers22 wrote: »
    Whatcha talkin' bout Willis?
    I'm with 3 mobile, and everytime I ring their call centre in India, they are nothing but courtious..

colsers22 wrote: »
    If you call them to complain about something and they have to deviate from their script, they hang up on you.

Some people actually call that rude.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

G Luxel wrote: »
    I saw a new one recently on a garage forecourt. It has been purchased
    in the last few weeks after i would say,maybe 6 months. The one thing
    that stood out on this car was the amount of rust visible on the registration
    plate... so can only imagine that the paint just about covers up the rest..

spa0112eb0.jpg

This is one I saw (new) being converted to a commercial earlier this year in a last ditch attempt to sell it.(note all the interior trim etc removed and stored in the back) these yokes come with everything standard, but are still saleproof

Advertisement