Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 Quality of Service

• 27-08-2008 6:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

I have been an O2 customer for a number of years and the coverage in the particular area I live in has been near enough perfect. At the start of the year I started noticing problems where the coverage wouold go down for up to 2 days i.e not being able to make/recieve any calls or texts. When I rang customer care they said it was due to weather issues(strong winds from what I can remember) and it wasn't safe for their workers to attempt to fix it- fair enough!

Since then the coverage is dropping frequently- sometimes for a few hours once a week which is obviously very frustrating. I emailed customer care over a week ago(maybe 2) and no reply. Rang customer care after the last episode and it took the operator 15 mins to fill out the complaints form and kept asking me to give examples of when I experienced the signal cutting out when on a call, even though I stated about 6 times that the signal is not bad when on a call it's either perfect or it's not there at all! I asked her to get back to me to confirm what the problem is and if there is a realistic hope of it improving. I'll give it to the end of this week before I call again if there is no reply.

If I get no satisfaction from their customer care team which I find very unsatisfactory at the moment is there anyone else I can complain to or is it easier just to switch networks? Has anyone else being experiencing a drop in coverage recently?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Im having a similar problem, but i have credit and can text, my problem is when i try to ring someone the network always comes up as busy, and tryed it on 2 other 02 phones, the same thing happenseven though texts still work perfectly , anyone know whats this is about? in wexford btw!

Advertisement