Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How xenophobic is Ireland?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

There's no denying he was good at one time, but the last three or four albums were bull****, a pastiche of his former self. I don't care how much the critics raved about how fragile he sounded.

Johnny Cash is bull****??? :eek: You're obviously a communist, there's no hope for ye, pinko. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

PillyPen wrote: »
    Johnny Cash is bull****??? :eek: You're obviously a communist, there's no hope for ye, pinko. :p

No no he's not a communist he's just from Galway. He can't help it........... heh heh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Well the early stuff was good, but the American recordings were not, thats all I'm saying. Obviously there's no hope for me though.

I'm not from galway kint, I just live here now. Try to keep up.

Well the early stuff was good, but the American recordings were not, thats all I'm saying. Obviously there's no hope for me though.

I'm not from galway kint, I just live here now. Try to keep up.

Whoops... ahh maybe the American recordings weren't true to the original Cash but I think they opened him up to a new generation of fans and that's not necessarily a bad thing. While maybe not great albums individually, collectively there was some gems.

There's hope, as long as you denounce your commie ways and pledge allegiance to capitalism and the American flag. You'll also need to join the Promise Keepers to get your godliness back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

To be quite Honest about things i would be more pissed off to say I come from the same place As Wastelife !! If i could i'd move awy from this poxy place :D Nah not really i just wanna put a really big wall around Wicklow and yous can keep bray in Dublin !

Whoops... ahh maybe the American recordings weren't true to the original Cash but I think they opened him up to a new generation of fans and that's not necessarily a bad thing. While maybe not great albums individually, collectively there was some gems.

What sort of argument is that? Eh, well they weren't very good, nor as good as his early stuff, but at least people too lazy to listen to the good stuff got to hear some third rate Cash singing (as opposed to original work) before he died.
    There's hope, as long as you denounce your commie ways and pledge allegiance to capitalism and the American flag. You'll also need to join the Promise Keepers to get your godliness back.

That'll be a no then. Are the promise keepers the ones who want people to abstain from sex?

Googles Promise Keepers........................ horrified at the results. No wonder you're coming here!

What sort of argument is that? Eh, well they weren't very good, nor as good as his early stuff, but at least people too lazy to listen to the good stuff got to hear some third rate Cash singing (as opposed to original work) before he died.

You're missing the point completely. Why do you assume people are too lazy to listen to the 'good stuff'? There are I'm sure plenty of young people who never heard of Johnny Cash or who just thought he was some crazy old fogey that their dad liked.

I'm sure there are people who never heard/listened to him for whatever reason, heard the American recordings and thought they weren't too shabby and then low and behold brian, went out and bought some of the 'good stuff'.

That'll be a no then. Are the promise keepers the ones who want people to abstain from sex?

Teenagers, yes. But if you're married this is what:
    Promise Keepers promote the view that husbands have a responsibility to be the head of their household in a gentle and loving way, following the example of Jesus Christ and giving his life to his wife, so she in turn can willingly submit to his leadership.
    (from Wiki).

Kintaro, I was sort of friends with a kid in high school who loooooved the PK. I think he probably is one now. He'd preach on about them and I'd tell him all about NOW. Good times. But yes, thank god I'm leaving! :D

• Advertisement

You're missing the point completely. Why do you assume people are too lazy to listen to the 'good stuff'? There are I'm sure plenty of young people who never heard of Johnny Cash or who just thought he was some crazy old fogey that their dad liked.

I'm sure there are people who never heard/listened to him for whatever reason, heard the American recordings and thought they weren't too shabby and then low and behold brian, went out and bought some of the 'good stuff'.

I used to listen to him when I was very young with my dad. He also introduced me to Roy Orbison and the Righteous Brothers, god bless him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

sweet jebus, PK sounds mad.

dont worry love none that over here ...... yet

emo!! wrote: »

Not until I get there and teach the heathen Irish what Jesus is about!

Teenagers, yes. But if you're married this is what:

(from Wiki).

I saw a documentary on them on TG4 before, interesting stuff, if you wanted to write an essay on the emasculation of men in American society today. About time there was a bit more submission by wimmens!

Also, the perfect drug is the worst NIN song ever. You have crap taste pilly. Now renounce capitalism and see the quality of your music collection improve exponentially.

I saw a documentary on them on TG4 before, interesting stuff, if you wanted to write an essay on the emasculation of men in American society today. About time there was a bit more submission by wimmens!

Also, the perfect drug is the worst NIN song ever. You have crap taste pilly. Now renounce capitalism and see the quality of your music collection improve exponentially.

Brian, I'm going to send you some feminist reading stuffs, you'll love it, and women love feminist men, so everybody wins. ;)

And please, master of all things tasteful, what is good music then?

Not until I get there and teach the heathen Irish what Jesus is about!

Heathens:eek: ill have you know i go to mass once a year

Esp not at the Wes Disco's :D

Heathens:eek: ill have you know i go to mass once a year

Easter or Christmas? :rolleyes:

Brian, I'm going to send you some feminist reading stuffs, you'll love it, and women love feminist men, so everybody wins. ;)

And please, master of all things tasteful, what is good music then?

Cool what texts do you have in mind? I've already done some Butler, but thats more gender critique than feminist...

Also, you can't just teach taste, duh. :rolleyes:

Easter or Christmas? :rolleyes:

neither!! 3rd of october

• Advertisement

Cool what texts do you have in mind? I've already done some Butler, but thats more gender critique than feminist...

Also, you can't just teach taste, duh. :rolleyes:

Actually, I don't think you need to read. This should teach you about good music and fill you with the feminist spirit simultaneously!

Sinead O'Connors a nutjob though, I'm not sure thats the best example. What about

You're a bit of a hibernophile are you?

edit;or this one

Sinead O'Connors a nutjob though, I'm not sure thats the best example. What about

You're a bit of a hibernophile are you?

I'm every sort of -phile really (not pedo, before someone goes there!) I just like to learn about culture, probably because America has none :pac:. Who is that woman?

Ani deFranco, one of the rare examples of American culture worth looking at? :eek:

Ani deFranco, one of the rare examples of American culture worth looking at? :eek:

Ha, I couldn't actually play the video right now. You know, I'm not too crazy about her. I really just do not get the fuss. Perhaps I haven't heard enough. But I don't like the Beatles either so it's entirely possible that I am just the odd woman out once again.

Well shes quite the poet imo, and I like her guitar playing. I'm not a big fan of the beatles either though. Maybe you just haven't heard the right songs yet.

Maybe. It's sort of a requirement for being a feminist that you have to like Ani, so I should probably try. Here's another great feminist at work:

She's ****ing incredible.

I've read that speech before but she really gave it life there. Haven't heard of Walker before but I will have a look around about her.

Yeah, she's worth a look. She dated Tracy Chapman for a long time, interesting little tidbit.

• Advertisement

I see Walker Wrote ''The Color Purple'' !!

Advertisement