Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childdminder in Caherdavin area...part time..??

Options
  • 27-08-2008 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hullo!
    My 3 lil boys will (hopefully) be starting in school next week and I am looking for a part time childminder in my area. I work days (for now) and my husband is on shift work at Dell so there is really only one day a week that we are for sure going to need someone, which would be Fridays.
    My 3 kiddos are pretty low maintenance we just need someone to pick up the littlest one @2:00 and the other two @3:00 and bring them back to the house. The school is within walking distance and we are close to a bus stop so a car is not required. I am home every night by 7pm.
    I would also need one weekend a month in a couple weeks but am more concerned about the Friday's for now. Could be extra days as well at some point..
    Anyone know anyone who needs some extra cash? Any help would be appreciated!
    Thanks very much!
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

supermommy wrote: »
    Hullo!
    My 3 lil boys will (hopefully) be starting in school next week and I am looking for a part time childminder in my area. I work days (for now) and my husband is on shift work at Dell so there is really only one day a week that we are for sure going to need someone, which would be Fridays.
    My 3 kiddos are pretty low maintenance we just need someone to pick up the littlest one @2:00 and the other two @3:00 and bring them back to the house. The school is within walking distance and we are close to a bus stop so a car is not required. I am home every night by 7pm.
    I would also need one weekend a month in a couple weeks but am more concerned about the Friday's for now. Could be extra days as well at some point..
    Anyone know anyone who needs some extra cash? Any help would be appreciated!
    Thanks very much!
    :)

I reckon a local teenager is your best bet, though the 2pm finish could prove a problem.

What schools did you decide on in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭oh well

wouldn't recommend a teenager - too young for 3 children to mind really and what happens when the school has the all too often half days or days off, not to mention the weekend days in the future. I'm sure you'll get someone next week when the schools go back, ask around in the yard and ask the principal if you can put a note up on the office window/front door. Most allow this.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭supermommy

Heya,
    Sorry I haven't replied in ages.. been busy and sick...ugh!

ninty9er- They started at Christ the King a few weeks back. They seem to be adjusting well.

We still havent sorted anything out as of yet. It really sucks :(

Advertisement