Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help identifying a drink

Options
  • 27-08-2008 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭

I was in Fibbers a few weeks ago and ordered a selection of random shots. Amongst them was a shot that tasted like those cola frosties sweets. Would anyone have any idea what this spirit is called? I think the drink might have been a clear blue colour but my judgement wasn't too great at that point.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Wouldn't have been skittlebrau by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Sean7

€3 drinks are great aren't they?
    I would guess you were having one of those random flavours of Mickey Finn's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭quoteunquote

@DonkeyStyle Didn't taste like the rainbow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭lmtduffy

stiffys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i was just gonna say stiffys.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭quoteunquote

that's it!! :D thank you! now to find an offy that stocks it which i hear is near impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,464 ✭✭✭✭cson

I'm not too sure its available in offies. I don't think I've ever seen it.

We get the owner of our local to order in a couple of extra bottles and buy it off him.

Fill a pint glass with a couple of shots of stiffys and a bottle of Smirnoff Ice and you've got the ultimate sugar rush. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 wanneabecritic

to make your own get a few packets of frosties wash out an empty 2 ltr milk container add sweets and 75 ml of vodka leave for a few days but shake every few hours its brill......... works with any boiled sweets and sugar makes it stronger too so drink wisely cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Elem

You wont find that in a off-licence, maybe in a off-licence that only sells to 16 year olds?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,995 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

to make your own get a few packets of frosties wash out an empty 2 ltr milk container add sweets and 75 ml of vodka leave for a few days but shake every few hours its brill......... works with any boiled sweets and sugar makes it stronger too so drink wisely cheers

Sugar makes it sweeter, not stronger.
    Fermentation turns sugars to alcohol.
    Putting sweets in vodka will not make it referment so no extra alcohol.
    All that sugar may affect you in various ways but there is no more alcohol - in fact less per ml.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 playtara

dunnes stores sell it round ere but only seen it once r twice

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭tippguy

any fine wines offie will have it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Can you actually still buy frosties??? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭eldeabroad

I've had a vodka/cola mixed shot before but the brand was corkey's tasted like you describe OP, I thought fabricated cola flavour- they also do a white chocolate/vodka and another orange choc/vodka yum yum should be served very cold

Advertisement