Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aran Islands Accomodation

Options
  • 27-08-2008 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭

Thinking of heading to the Aran Islands for the October bank holiday weekend. Was recommended Inis Oirr as the island to go to.

Just wondering has anyone been, which island is the nicest and is there anywhere where you can search for accommodation and prices (most sites I've been on only show addresses and contact details)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Kilronan hostel is good
    www.kilronanhostel.com
    about 18/night

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Hostelworld.com has listings for the Arran islands. The main island is supposed to be completely over run with tourists being raped on the price of everything. The other two islands are supposed to be a bit better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 facetheball

Stayed in gills guesthouse years ago when the football team went out. Bit of a trot around the island but twas grand at 4am with a quare wan under the oxter.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭AmyG

Thinking of heading to the Aran Islands for the October bank holiday weekend. Was recommended Inis Oirr as the island to go to.

Just wondering has anyone been, which island is the nicest and is there anywhere where you can search for accommodation and prices (most sites I've been on only show addresses and contact details)

Thanks

i prefer inish mhór! Its the largest and most beautiful i think!
    I have stayed there three years in a row... In a B&B out there...
    The pubs are great craic and loads to see once your into it...

Advertisement