Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camping

Options
  • 27-08-2008 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭

the mods can move this to shopping if needs be, im just wondering where can you buy a cheap 2/3 man(or woman) tent in sligo!? any tent will do as long as it doesnt break the bank.

and where would the best spots be to go camping?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Sligored

they had cheap ones in dunnes- around 25 euro i think. i doubt they would suit treks of mount everest though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

There were also cheap ones in Tesco a few months back. Wouldn't know if they're still available though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Call of the Wild have a big selection of tents. Jack Murphy are a decent tent at a reasonable price if they have them. I'm not sure if the Trading Post on High Street is still open, but they might have tents too. TK Maxx have had tents in the past so may be worth a look too. And maybe some of the sport shops or Barton Smiths hunting shop (down the alley way across from the Ulster Bank on Stephen Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Halfords were selling tents off too. Good time to look for tents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

avoid the dunnes tents, they're crap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Yes I heard the tents in Dunnes aren't exactly waterproof....and I wouldn't count on it been a dry night when you go camping.

With regards as where to go...maybe Coney Island(you can bring the car) and if you now someone with a boat you could go to one of the island on Lough Gill,meant to be really good craic:D

Advertisement