Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Match Thread: Arsenal V FC Twente Enschede

• 27-08-2008 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭

Arsenal team: Adebayor dropped.

Almunia, Sagna, Gallas, Djourou, Clichy, Walcott, Fabregas, Denilson, Nasri, Van Persie, Bendtner

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

This match on telly anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

bbc 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Sound. What channel was the first leg on? Thought it was Setanta or something :S

Setanta had first leg

1-0 Nasri

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

2 shockers in a row from Bendtner, then far far worse from Van Persie. He's worryingly out of form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭hughes2558

I really hope he scores tonight to try get some confidence back. Looks like he should have a few chances tonight...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

If ever a player needed a goal it's van Persie. Walcott too.

Bendtner looks like he's having his version of a confidence crisis also; that is to say that his confidence has dropped all the way down to the level of a normal person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

very hard to judge anything from this match. Twente are hopeless, really awful.

the positives i've taken so far at least are Walcott; it's the first time i've really gotten a chance to look at him this season. he looks sharper than i've seen him before, really capitalizing on Twente's mistakes better than the rest. he needs to be a bit more selfish in front of goal though.

Denilson as well has sort of impressed me (sort of). his positioning and running are good. if only he'd stop trying to take too much out of the ball when he's got it. And he'll certainly have to be a bit more aggressive if he is to succeed in the Prem, but i'm hopeful that'll come in time.

the fact Nasri's the only one who can finish though is really worrying. there are going to plenty more games like this to come imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

FC Twente are so so bad. The game is boring because of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

How is Cesc playing? Does he look match fit?

Eboue on for Nasri at half time.

If Nasri is injured I'm gonna ****ing cry.

lol, Gallas. Gallas and Nasri top scorers so far this season with 2 each.

Nasri better be ok.

Gallas sniffing around the 6 yard box for rebounds. How odd.

Great finish by Walcott 3-0

Fabregas off Song on.

Hard to take anything out of that game, apart from the fact that FC Twente are awful and McLaren sucks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Apparently Mclaren was how you say "gutted" at full-time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

The opposition were poor, but at least its a decent win and will hopefully raise confidence before the Newcastle match which was badly needed.
    Another good thing to take out of it was Walcotts performance even though the LB was sh!te he still roasted him scored a goal and set up another. Can only be good for him as he has had a disappointimg start to the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭hottstuff

Nasri was great again.
    Decent performance and much needed after the Fulham game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement