Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSL order being blocked by "another provider"

Options
  • 27-08-2008 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭

Hey there,

I'm a little stuck on what I can do about this situation and I could do with some pointers:)

The story is that we submitted an order with perlico at the family home. 1 mbit DSL with calls and line rental in a bundle. I have a spare netopia router about as they make for cheap access points, so I hooked that up after a few days to start using it. No joy.

I waited for almost 2 weeks after the order was placed, then I rang perlico to see what the holdup was. I was told that the order was rejected because there was another order in progress with another provider?! I was dismayed at this, as we had never tried to order DSL since our line started passing (amber) 18 months ago.

I've been reliably informed that the one salesman who came to our door a few weeks ago was shooed away as the dinner was being made:D. That's all we ever heard from any broadband provider.

But I've seen roughly how the system works and I knew perlico wouldn't be able to tell me who the order was with. They resubmitted the order when I called last Thursday. When I finally got through to them this evening I was told it was rejected again and the final thing perlico could do is to submit the order as a transfer.

This strikes me as being a total farce and I thought this nonsense would be ironed out of the wholesale system by now. I'm going to call comreg (despite the supervisor in perlico advising me not to) but I don't know who to talk to. My hands are tied a fair bit as the account isn't in my name. Can anyone please help??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Call Eircom and ask them to release the line to Perlico. See if they have any orders pending on your line? If not see if you can get someone like UPC to supply your BB and phone needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Not in rural co. Louth you can't;) There's no cable network in even Drogheda or Dundalk, just MMDS. We had perlico for our calls since March 07, we just changed our package to include broadband too.

I tried calling eircom sales about my line last Friday. I'm not sure if the fella understood me but he did say that nothing was showing up on their system for my number.

I'll try eircom support tomorrow to make sure they have nothing to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Not in rural co. Louth you can't;) There's no cable network in even Drogheda or Dundalk, just MMDS. We had perlico for our calls since March 07, we just changed our package to include broadband too.

I tried calling eircom sales about my line last Friday. I'm not sure if the fella understood me but he did say that nothing was showing up on their system for my number.

I'll try eircom support tomorrow to make sure they have nothing to do with it.
    You need the eircom account number attached to that line, without it you cant do anything

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I can get the old one we had with eircom until 2 years ago, would that work? I have the current UAN from perlico too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I can get the old one we had with eircom until 2 years ago, would that work? I have the current UAN from perlico too.

The UAN will do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Eircom can be a pain for blocking account transfers, It took me 4 attempts to move to smart before they finaly got it right, took over 6 months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

misslt wrote: »
    The UAN will do.

Should do. However, since the OP is not an eircom customer, their support may not even talk to him. When I was with BT, I had my UAN and eircom support insisted that this was linked to a business account (as it was a BT wholesale line) and told me to contact business support. I did, and they wouldn't talk to me as I wasn't a business, nor did I represent BT. So, if you're not a direct eircom customer, you could be left running around in circles.

Perlico should be able to get this information from eircom, as they are the customer from eircom's perspective. Getting someone in either company that actually knows what their doing could be difficult.

Advertisement