Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor - Free Texts Any Network

• 27-08-2008 8:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone got a text from Meteor the day before they're 30 days is up like you did on the Free Meteor to Meteor, just noticed I've no credit now (had €17 odd on Sunday) and I never received a text from Meteor saying the 30 days were up.

Anyone receive the a text from them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

I got one yesterday saying i was on my 28th day of the 30 days and to continue i needed to top up but i still have credit toady ill check again tomorrow if my credit is gone so is meteor ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I rang to complain about the same issue as you OP and was told that the service which sends out the "courtest text" (as it was described) is down / faulty at the moment which is why I didn't receive one. Their advice was to just top up by 20 and off I'd go again with my free SMS. I didn't get a SMS either when I topped up by 20 to confirm that my free texts were active, but they were.

I guess you could complain to Meteor and see if they could give you some credit back as a goodwill gesture. I know they told me I would definitely get a text - but that's an issue for you / them to work out anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Really it's up to the consumer to keep an eye on their limits.. I know it's nice getting the courtesy text but still..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Random wrote: »

I guess you could complain to Meteor and see if they could give you some credit back as a goodwill gesture. I know they told me I would definitely get a text - but that's an issue for you / them to work out anyway.

This happened me there last year, but at the time I wasn't aware of it. Meteor sent me a text saying that they were having problems with their service and that I was charged for the texts I should have been getting for free. They credited my account with the money they took away from me. I think and hope they will do the same for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    This happened me there last year, but at the time I wasn't aware of it. Meteor sent me a text saying that they were having problems with their service and that I was charged for the texts I should have been getting for free. They credited my account with the money they took away from me. I think and hope they will do the same for you.
    This is slightly different than your situation. You said you should have been getting the SMS free at the time. The terms of the promotion stated quiet clearly that I have to topup €20 and then promo valid for 30 days. I would expect them to do something as a goodwill gesture maybe but wouldn't hold it against them if they didn't to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

I got a the courtesy text on the 28th day reminding me I had 2 left! But I always keep a note in my calender of the next time I need to top up....can never trust Meteor!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Random wrote: »
    This is slightly different than your situation. You said you should have been getting the SMS free at the time. The terms of the promotion stated quiet clearly that I have to topup €20 and then promo valid for 30 days. I would expect them to do something as a goodwill gesture maybe but wouldn't hold it against them if they didn't to be honest.

No it's the same thing. I had to top up by €20 aswell. Sorry, I left that part out :p.

Advertisement