Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northern Ireland Developer - We give in

Options
  • 27-08-2008 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

A development near Belfast is in difficulty, "We're finding it hard to sell and you're finding it hard to buy"

http://www.fraserhouses.com/

I posted this earlier but "somehow" my post was deleted without explanation :mad: WHY:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

Dublin1600 wrote: »
    A development near Belfast is in difficulty, "We're finding it hard to sell and you're finding it hard to buy"

http://www.fraserhouses.com/

I posted this earlier but "somehow" my post was deleted without explanation :mad: WHY:confused:

Interesting. Thats around 175k euro for a 3bed semi.

Where is Glengormley?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Dublin1600 wrote: »
    I love the little white flag waving, heh. They at least are being realistic though, a lot of sellers are still aiming around the €100k per bedroom mark, depending on where you are buying, which is still overpriced imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

I love the little white flag waving, heh. They at least are being realistic though, a lot of sellers are still aiming around the €100k per bedroom mark, depending on where you are buying, which is still overpriced imho.

That's nothing. You've still got some jokers posting asking prices of 360k for 2 bed apartments in the arse-end of North County Dublin. I don't know why they bother posting those ads at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Duckjob wrote: »
    That's nothing. You've still got some jokers posting asking prices of 360k for 2 bed apartments in the arse-end of North County Dublin. I don't know why they bother posting those ads at all.

2 reasons I can think of

1. Denial isn't just a river in egypt as the lads on the pin say. A lot of people are firmly entrenched in 2006 prices, others are convinced its only a blip and other hope beyond hope its only a blip as they are screwed otherwise

2. Anyone making an offer these days will take the p!ss with their first offer. A high asking price means an offer 25-30% below asking is around the ballpark figure they'll accept. No idea if tactic works but I've heard a few people mention they were doing it or people they knew were doing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭mrgaa1

Glengormley is north of Belfast - maps.google.co.uk there are some great offers out there for those looking to buy. Developers are probably staving off the interest rates on their "mortgage" on the lands and build costs and this is why the need for price drops. Personally I think developers and such likes will dictate the bottom of the market - and it looks like we're nearly there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭martian1980

mrgaa1 wrote: »
    and it looks like we're nearly there.

We're probably nearly there in the north alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

mrgaa1 wrote: »
    Personally I think developers and such likes will dictate the bottom of the market - and it looks like we're nearly there.
    If they could dictate the bottom of the market, they already would have. We're nowhere near "there".

Advertisement