Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any problems with a Meteor Sim ?

• 27-08-2008 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭

Has anyone had a problem with a Meteor Sim card and had the problem resolved successfully ?

I have a Meteor phone and it keeps searching for the Meteor network with no success, it says emergency calls only and won't receive/send texts. I swapped a different Meteor sim into the phone and the phone works fine, but the original Meteor sim behaves the same no matter what phone it is put in.

The phone that the Sim was in, wasn't damaged/dropped or wet and the phone was working fine until a few weeks ago.

I contacted Meteor and after some initial questions which seemed more concerned about whether there was a possible problem with their network/reception, now that that seems unlikely(with the other Meteor phone working), they seem to have lost interest.

How would the Sim behave if they had inactivated the Sim without any warning ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭7.Ronaldo

If the SIM is causing the same problem in more than one handset it's a problem with the SIM. Take it to a Meteor store and they will replace it for you free of charge.

If it's only causing the problem in one handset and works fine in another handset it's likely theres a problem with your handset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

7.Ronaldo wrote: »
    If the SIM is causing the same problem in more than one handset it's a problem with the SIM. Take it to a Meteor store and they will replace it for you free of charge.

If it's only causing the problem in one handset and works fine in another handset it's likely theres a problem with your handset.
    Best advice you could follow really. The SIM replacement will take max 20 mins to go through once you go into the store and they'll copy all your contacts over too if you ask them.

Advertisement