Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dit advantages disavdantges

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

eveie wrote: »
    im in Bolton st
    Advantages
    80% male population....sweet
    sound lecturers
    sound people
    nice atmosphere

Disadvantages
    d4's creeping in
    lack of computers

What's wrong with D4's? They are also people :D

Lack of computers? I'll take you on a tour of Bolton street and show you all the "hidden" CAD labs around. I've spent a whole year without waiting for a computer, although this year might be different, as there might be a lot more students.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

What's wrong with D4's? They are also people :D

Lack of computers? I'll take you on a tour of Bolton street and show you all the "hidden" CAD labs around. I've spent a whole year without waiting for a computer, although this year might be different, as there might be a lot more students.

Bolton St is a bit of a journey for a computer if you're on the southside though. What I would say is that there's usually an abundance of free machines in Aungier St. when Kevin St.'s labs get filled up (which happens regularly).

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭cabra64

Oh yeah loads of ppl wonder between libraries. Bolton St. library is much bigger than that of CB but if your looking for your course books than obviously your not gonna find them in a different campus library.

Surely a Disad for Cathal Brugha St. is the bloody stairs to the library!! Is always being washed and goes on for ever!

However CB does have the best food available of all the Dit sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭cabra64

eveie wrote: »
    im in Bolton st
    Advantages
    80% male population....sweet
    sound lecturers
    sound people
    nice atmosphere

Disadvantages
    d4's creeping in
    lack of computers

Could this disparaging remark about D4's be aimed at the huge increase of "typical" South girls in general that have recently populated Bolton St.!! Im all in favour of this invasion!!
    Typical (here only) = hotter than regular female bolton st students!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnG18

cabra64 wrote: »
    Oh yeah loads of ppl wonder between libraries. Bolton St. library is much bigger than that of CB but if your looking for your course books than obviously your not gonna find them in a different campus library.

Surely a Disad for Cathal Brugha St. is the bloody stairs to the library!! Is always being washed and goes on for ever!

However CB does have the best food available of all the Dit sites.

Yeah just get the course books then go to one of the quieter libraries :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Kevin Street.

Advantages:
    jolt in a can (haven't seen it in cans in any other shops)
    some good lecturers.
    easy to get to.
    atm always has €10 notes.

Disadvantages:
    some bad lecturers.
    no parking for students.
    not enough nerd women :p

Cremo wrote: »
    Kevin Street.

Advantages:
    jolt in a can (haven't seen it in cans in any other shops)
    some good lecturers.
    easy to get to.
    atm always has €10 notes.

Disadvantages:
    some bad lecturers.
    no parking for students.
    not enough nerd women :p

The Centra across from Cathal Brugha St. has Jolt in a can .... i know this cause its right beside eircom TEHEHE but jolt is so gross

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Flinter08/09

Hey all,

Sad to hear that people are dissing the Library in CBST. It's the best Library resource wise within Dublin for all the courses that are run there!! Anything you need concerning your course you'll find it in CBST!! Plus the library staff are exteremly friendly!! :)

Hey all,

Sad to hear that people are dissing the Library in CBST. It's the best Library resource wise within Dublin for all the courses that are run there!! Anything you need concerning your course you'll find it in CBST!! Plus the library staff are exteremly friendly!! :)

Cool first good thing I've heard about Brugha Library :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

There's this shop called the "Cosmic Closet" right across the road from Bolton Street.

Finish your lectures, buy some *stuff* and get high. Or even better, pop in during a lunchbreak and come into the lecture hall completely spaced out :D.

Btw, Bodkins pub is right across the road from Bolton St. also. However, you get there on first come first served basis, its always packed with people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Btw, Bodkins pub is right across the road from Bolton St. also. However, you get there on first come first served basis, its always packed with people.

Also it's horribly expensive for a "student bar". The Granby on Dorset St. do €3 pints and other offers. Free pool too compared to the €2 table in Bodkins.

That said, it is good craic.

Advertisement