Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Career Advice?

Options
  • 27-08-2008 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Hey

I want to change career completly. I am in retail for about 12 years and have had enough lol. I need to talk to somebody who can help me find out
    1. I really want to do
    2. What will suit me
    3 How to get there
    Are career guidance people more for people who want to find out how to progress in their chosen career as opposed to those who haven't a clue what to do??

If anyone can recommend anyone I would be very grateful

Thanks

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Theres lots of courses in College of Commerce and St John's College. CIT run night courses in some things too. Should have a look on the web and see if anything strikes your fancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭*Derek*

missfrilly wrote: »
    Hey

I want to change career completly. I am in retail for about 12 years and have had enough lol. I need to talk to somebody who can help me find out
    1. I really want to do
    2. What will suit me
    3 How to get there
    Are career guidance people more for people who want to find out how to progress in their chosen career as opposed to those who haven't a clue what to do??

If anyone can recommend anyone I would be very grateful

Thanks

Maybe you should speak to a life/business coach they might help. Have you any idea at all what you want. It'll be very hard for someone to guide you when you d'ont know yourself what you want. Have you any qualifications? Can you follow on from retail into being a buyer or something like that? There is plenty of options out there. I was in retail 7 yrs and packed it in recently to start my own service business.

Advertisement