Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help help HELP!!!

• 27-08-2008 9:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭

Ok.... Im in a various stages of panic here... from relativley bothered to IM FREAKING OUT!!!

Long story short... I very stupidly didnt realise I had to submit an exemptions form for the ACA... its now past the date (1st of august) but I do think they'll accept it.

I did get a 2.2 in my physics degree (2.2 being the minimum required for application)

I know see that you cant have been compensated for any exam in order to be accepted for exemptions for CAP1.

Now my issue is that I know Im not eligible for any exemptions as I didnt do business or accountancy but I had to be compensated for one of my final physics exams!!

Does this now mean they wont accept my application!!! Even though I im not eligble for exemptions anyway??? I would think that this rule about compensation applies to subjects in your course that you need to pass in order to be exempt in CAP1 for example finance

Has anyone ever heard of this happening before to someone who wasnt looking for exemptions? I actually feel sick to my stomach right now. I waited so long to try get a training contract in a firm and I'll be devasted not to metion embarassed if I have to tell my boss that I cant do ACA because I was compensated in one of my fianals.

I swear I could cry right now!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

I dont think you have anything to worry about.

To enrole as a student all you need is a pass degree afaik, the compensation stuff is just for exemptions. The best thing to do, and will put your mind at ease, is to ring the institute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Not sure why you've not received a reply from an ACA, but my ACCA two cents is as follows...

You don't need a degree to enter ACA and if you're over 23 and have a contract I doubt you even need any qualifications (could be wrong, but it's the case with ACCA).

The leaving cert requirement is three honours and if you did physics in college then I'm guessing you've got your 3 honours.

BTW, I'd be fairly sure the compensation pass rule only applies if you're looking for exemptions. Now, cheer up!

Finally, see how helpful ACCA members are, eh eh! *hint hint* :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

I'm ACA and don't think you will have any problems. I would recommend give the institute a shout and ask to speak to someone in admissions, number is 01 6377200. I am sure that even if you do have to submit your degree but that date that they will have a late application date with a small additional fee.

I am suprised that your employer didn't tell you to apply. I know when I started I gave my results to the HR dept and they submitted it for me. Are you sure your firm hasn't already done this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

smcgiff wrote: »
    Not sure why you've not received a reply from an ACA, but my ACCA two cents is as follows...

You don't need a degree to enter ACA and if you're over 23 and have a contract I doubt you even need any qualifications (could be wrong, but it's the case with ACCA).

The leaving cert requirement is three honours and if you did physics in college then I'm guessing you've got your 3 honours.

BTW, I'd be fairly sure the compensation pass rule only applies if you're looking for exemptions. Now, cheer up!

Finally, see how helpful ACCA members are, eh eh! *hint hint* :D
    Sorry, you're right you dont need a degree, but it will knock 1.5 years off your training contract

Advertisement