Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gael Spell

• 27-08-2008 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi All,
    I'm at my wit's end - I can't seem to install Gael Spell for Microsoft Office 2007 (microsoft word). I had it on my old PC on Microsoft Word but it's just not happening for the newer version. Teachers out there - pllllease help me!!:mad:
    Aoife

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 aoifehoey

forgot to mention - it's for microsoft not MAC and I've tried countless times on gaelspell.com, but to no avail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭-Lithium-

How far are you getting? Is it the downloading that's the problem?

I did it a good while ago...it's so uselful!

HEy thanks for the reply - it downloads alright but I can't get it to install into Word. It just says download complete and that's the end of it

OK, well once you download the file, you have to unzip it. Go to the file, right-click on it and choose “extract all”.

Then open Word 07, and click on the big button on the top left corner. On the end of the options list there is a button on the right – “Word Options”. Click that.

Then choose “Proofing” from the list on the left-hand side.

You should then see a grey “Custom Dictionaries” button near the middle of the screen, click that.

You then need to click the “Add…” button on the right of the box, and a browse box comes up. Find the folder you unzipped above, and in that you should find a file called GaelSpell2007 or maybe GaelSpell2007basic. Once you have found it click the “Open” button and then “OK” and then “Ok” again. That’s it!

It should only take a minute or two. Good luck :).

Oh my God - I love you! Thank you so much - I have it up and running now - I really appreciate it! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Just downloaded it there aswell...pity I didn't know about it/have it in college, save me going to the dictionary all the time!:D

You're welcome Aoife. Glad to hear you've got it too now Fast_Mover, I don't know how I'd have managed the Gaeilge essays without Gaelspell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

-Lithium- wrote: »
    I don't know how I'd have managed the Gaeilge essays
    Thankfully I can't say I had the Gaelige essays, just the next best thing of Gaelige lesson plans. Slightly more easier now! Now.. Any grammar check software around?!:D

Ugh, I remember the Gaeilge lesson plans too.... The wonderful people who brought us Gael Spell also do a grammar checker, aptly named "Ceart". I think it's €65....have a look at the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 sleepypinkmoose

does the free one only work for Macs yeah?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 SwirlsAllAround

I haven't used it in a while but I always had a PC version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

I can't get it to work. It needs to check web for file extension or whatever. It doesn't come up properly to download :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭eimearcmh

Does anybody know if GaelSpell works with Microsoft Vista? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭gandroid

I can't get it to work. It needs to check web for file extension or whatever. It doesn't come up properly to download :(

What problem are you having exactly? I might be able to help you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

eimearcmh wrote: »
    Does anybody know if GaelSpell works with Microsoft Vista? Thanks

Yes, it works fine.
    The operating system (Vista) has no bearing on the program.

The problem is the new version of Office (2007) has changed round its menus a bit, so it's a little different to install, but it does work.
    (I remember having to make some change to the .dic file too in order for it to work, but this was quite easy to do)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

I have the gaelspell txt file that used to work fine with Office 2003 but I cant get it to work with the latest office. How do I convert the txt file to a .dic file?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Maguirel

Does Gaelpspell work on microsoft Word 2010? It doesnt mention word 2010 on the website.

Advertisement