Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First tattoo

Options
  • 27-08-2008 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭

hi people im thinking for a long time about getting my first tattoo.
    where would the best place to go to get it done?. im in the kildare area.
    also how fine can tattoos be im thinking of a barcode type with a small piece of writing with it.
    where are the most painfull areas to be inked?

cheers people.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Looby_Loo

See the sticky on top of this forum for good studios. I am not sure if there are any in Kildare but there are loads in Dublin. The artist once you choose a studio will advise you on the practicality of your design. I can't advise you on pain as everyone is different but in general on top of any bone is pretty painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

If you'd be willing to travel to Dublin, you should go around and check out the artists porfolio's.
    They're on display in all the shops.
    Anywhere on the bone will be the higher end of pain, and fleshy places wont be as bad, but everyone has a different pain treshhold.
    A bar code will be grand, they can be thin enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

any opinons on Celtic Tattoo in athy? its pretty close.

I havent heard of it, some one else might have though.

But as iv said, take a peek at the porfolio's in the shop and just check it out, make sure it looks clean, and so forth.

cheers for the info thinking of getting it on the inside of my upper arm

• Advertisement

Sounds cool man, i quite like those barcode tats, not for me, im more into big pieces, but the look pretty cool.

the numbers on it are very important to me they mean a lot.
    so its not just random numbers

Advertisement