Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom 2mb to 3mb upgrade?

Options
  • 27-08-2008 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭

A friend in work was telling me that they got the free upgrade off eircom from 2mb to 3mb, I rang eircom and was told that I would get the upgrade too by the end of the month. Checked my broadband speed there earlier today and am still running at 2mb. I know it is not the end of the month yet, but I am sort of worried as to why it hasn't been done by now and if it will be done. Has anyone else not got the upgrade they were promised?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    A friend in work was telling me that they got the free upgrade off eircom from 2mb to 3mb, I rang eircom and was told that I would get the upgrade too by the end of the month. Checked my broadband speed there earlier today and am still running at 2mb. I know it is not the end of the month yet, but I am sort of worried as to why it hasn't been done by now and if it will be done. Has anyone else not got the upgrade they were promised?
    Theyre( Eircom ) doing this gradually, theres still a load of exchanges that havnt been upgraded, e.g. the Athlone exchange

You may eat your words unfortunately as the upgrade has been a mixed bag, some have had 0 problems others have stability issues and/or slow pings

I was on the 3Mb package->7.6 but i only get 4Mb download and my pings arent very good, thankfully theyre still fine for gaming, i.e. below 100 for uk servers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

lmimmfn wrote: »
    Theyre( Eircom ) doing this gradually, theres still a load of exchanges that havnt been upgraded, e.g. the Athlone exchange

You may eat your words unfortunately as the upgrade has been a mixed bag, some have had 0 problems others have stability issues and/or slow pings

I was on the 3Mb package->7.6 but i only get 4Mb download and my pings arent very good, thankfully theyre still fine for gaming, i.e. below 100 for uk servers

Jesus I didn't realise that. Can I do anything about this if it happens?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

You seemed to have missed this monster.:pac:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055228131

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

kaizersoze wrote: »
    You seemed to have missed this monster.:pac:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055228131

Ha can't believe I didn't see that thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

lmimmfn wrote: »

how is below 100 anygood, i ping half that to russia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Anything below 300ms was great in MUDs. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

Kids these days wouldn't have the patience!

> describe Mountjoy Mugger
    I don't understand "Mountjoy"
    > %$*&!
    I don't understand "%$*&!"
    > quit
    bye

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

nuxxx wrote: »
    how is below 100 anygood, i ping half that to russia
    how isint below 100 any good?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

already a very large thread on this, don't need another

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement