Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motivational

Options
  • 27-08-2008 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭

image008.jpg

249846174979a71093716717e495786021c46d2.jpg

2008082609393960459swag_image.jpg

image014.jpg

image018.jpg

image010.jpg

image007.jpg

image003.jpg

image004.jpg

2476839065aa6ab27c1ecbaa06338799f045bbc.jpg

Capslock.jpg

Procrastination.png

24563699040abcfcc6762ce2361f136063632f7.jpg

las-vegas-you-better-hope-it-stays-there-demotivational-poster.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭rocky25

Superb :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

HaHa the pdf one had me cracking up:D I hear Thailand just exported a pdf file to Britain. But low scores for the high scores one :mad:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

These all seem strangely familiar...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

An Fhile wrote: »
    These all seem strangely familiar...

Probably because you've seen them before? :)

Edit. Sorry about that photo rabies. I taught it was just behind that NSFW line

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

oobydooby wrote: »
    But low scores for the high scores one :mad:
    No way, that was brilliant!
    Although in fairness, I'd hate to be the driver...it'd cost a fortune to remove all the dents and scratches caused by those bikes!!

• Advertisement

HaHa the pdf one had me cracking up:D I hear Thailand just exported a pdf file to Britain. But low scores for the high scores one :mad:

Don't worry my man, i cycle too. We'll be grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Golferx

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Although in fairness, I'd hate to be the driver...it'd cost a fortune to remove all the dents and scratches caused by those bikes!!

Brilliant?

One of those cyclists was killed. A highly inappropriate image.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1023813/Pictured-Shocking-moment-drunk-driver-ploughed-group-cyclists.html

Golferx wrote: »
    I cycle too and if you take the image as is, then yes it's terrible, shocking, awful etc. and if it was someone I knew or a family member I'd be horrified but if you take it humorously (checks forum title :rolleyes:) then the picture, the tag line and the context make it very funny.

If you don't like it report the post...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Maybe it was just his time

ninja.jpg

• Advertisement

............ if you take it humorously (checks forum title :rolleyes:) then the picture, the tag line and the context make it very funny.

Even after you have been informed the photograph is of a person being killed you find it funny?

No need to report it, your answer says enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

It was meant to be funny.
    Want to research the rest of the photos so that you can take the enjoyment away from them?

Da Bounca wrote: »
    It was meant to be funny.......

It may have been meant to be funny, but having pointed out the fact that a human being is being killed in the photograph, at least have the decency to admit it is anything but humorous.
    Da Bounca wrote: »
    Want to research the rest of the photos so that you can take the enjoyment away from them?

No thanks.

Still getting enjoyment out of a photograph of a fatal crash?

That photograph is anything but funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭Homer

IBTL :pac:

Even after you have been informed the photograph is of a person being killed you find it funny?

No need to report it, your answer says enough.

Ah, I see the problem sir, your sense-of-humour module is corrupted, possibly by the 'high-horse' virus. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭Homer

Ah, I see the problem sir, your sense-of-humour module is corrupted, possibly by the 'high-horse' virus. :D

Could be his killjoy circuit malfunctioning also?

Nah, it's much simpler than that.

You find a photograph of a fatal road crash funny, I don't.

If one's sense of humour extends to finding hilarity in such images then one has a sick mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

What one person finds funny, very often another peson may find offensive (mohammad cartoons for example). That is the way of the world, and it makes it a far more interesting place to live.

Golferx is quite entitled to be offended by the picture, and should not be chastised for expressing his view on the matter. Similarly, anyone who found it funny should be treated likewise - It's called a difference of opinion.

If anyone deems it necessary to start criticising other posters for their view on the matter, they will be infracted. The post has been reported to us, and we have evaluated the post acordingly.

Now please keep it civil

Bio

BioHazRd wrote: »
    The post has been reported to us, and we have evaluated the post acordingly.

Now please keep it civil

Bio
    Bio, isn't there a rule in Humour that the 'booing' of jokes isn't allowed? This attitude from Golferx is essentially 'booing' imo. :/ As I said if he finds it offensive he should be reporting it, not expressing his opinions on the thread...
    golferx wrote:
    If one's sense of humour extends to finding hilarity in such images then one has a sick mind.
    Aw, flattery won't get you anywhere but thank you. :o Shucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

The reason for the rule in charter is to stop people posting "thats crap" etc and then going elsewhere (we wre plagued with this a number of years ago).

I will always take a more lenient view on a post that goes on to explain why the poster felt a joke was poor etc. ie. constructive criticism is allowed but criticism for the sake of criticism is not.

for example- if he had posted "that isnt funny" he would have been infracted, but as he backed up his view with the reason he felt it wasnt funny, i let the post stand

Bio

• Advertisement

BioHazRd wrote: »
    for example- if he had posted "that isnt funny" he would have been infracted, but as he backed up his view with the reason he felt it wasnt funny, i let the post stand

Bio
    Ah, good stuff! Thanks for the clarification :)

Well I see you moderate bowling...:p

[boring]
    When I see that picture I think of the story behind it so don't find it funny, but most of the things I'd cack myself laughing at would probably offend somebody else eg
    the ninja one

So meh
    [/boring]

Well I see you moderate bowling...:p

Yup, I do. :)
    Now, er, what's that got to do with anything? :confused:

/I don't get it. I'm having one of those days :rolleyes:

Yup, I do. :)
    Now, er, what's that got to do with anything? :confused:

/I don't get it. I'm having one of those days :rolleyes:

Spare or Strike?? (The high scores one)

Spare - you get it second time

Doh! Yeah, I get it :D That's funny...that photo could be the new forum logo!!!

/joke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

TBH it never occurred to me that the picture was real.

We have become so used to pictures being photo shopped and made humourous that we have come to expect entertaining fakes.

I very much doubt that the OP knew it was genuine or wished to cause offence in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

It may have been meant to be funny, but having pointed out the fact that a human being is being killed in the photograph, at least have the decency to admit it is anything but humorous.

No thanks.

Still getting enjoyment out of a photograph of a fatal crash?

That photograph is anything but funny.

It wasn't a funny photo before, or after your timely fact injection.
    My point is that it was put there for the amusement of others. Sometimes it is better to keep things to oneself. It is the humor board afterall.

A few more to keep this going.

18999659128a32d9afa08047372fd157bf032d1.jpg

558233d3e5bb832bce0b246797e73c93.gif

2008052111124646263swag_image.jpg

2008052111125046269swag_image.jpg

omg-it's%20a%20shark.jpg

4831c82e24dfbdaily_20selection038.jpg

56447c0116d9693a.jpg

3532819_d1ba87f6a6.jpg

image007.jpg

1199342215011.png

b12.jpg

Evolution.jpg

Magic_Cats.jpg

Motivation.jpg

2512926c15340bdd1fc168b6d3c8c0408f50ccd.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

c52eed43e8.jpg

cockroachesfo5.jpg

motivator5630041kz9.jpg

c9de82b280.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

c9df5c8304.jpg

c926d7f2f9.jpg

2523608869_a6f1dfed6a_o.jpg

bugreportzm5.jpg

Advertisement