Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Foley signs with TNA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I wonder if he'll let it get to him like he usually does if they do something bad creatively with him. Or if he'll learn from Cornette

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,056 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Unless he has a huge amount of creative control in his contract, I can see this being disastrous for him.

I wonder if he'll cut an anti-WWE promo on his first night or will he go instantly heel by saying TNA should be more like WWE and he'll show everyone why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

hmmm i wonder was him or the sock that signed the contract

triple h wrote: »
    hmmm i wonder was him or the sock that signed the contract

Welcome back :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Ok, all of the claiming certain sources are unreliable has me confused about what reports to believe, so can someone who knows more about that kind of thing than me tell me if this is legit or not?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Hopfully he works heel. Foley's an awesome heel.

If he can get into decent shape, Foley/Joe has great potential as a match, the seeds of which were sown in ROH a few years back.

They could do worse than give him a creative input into booking and storylines, hes always struck me as having a great mind for the business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭rizzla

If he has signed, TNA will probably slap him with an underused X division star who copies Foley's mannerisms and attire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

flahavaj wrote: »
    If he can get into decent shape, Foley/Joe has great potential as a match, the seeds of which were sown in ROH a few years back.

has foley ever been in shape :D he is so fat in person its not funny, tv actually thins him out

orestes wrote: »
    Ok, all of the claiming certain sources are unreliable has me confused about what reports to believe, so can someone who knows more about that kind of thing than me tell me if this is legit or not?

PW Torch, PW Insider, Figure Four and ProWrestling.net are credible sources. The Wrestling Observer is the most credible and breaks the most news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Right thats it, im sold.

Gonna start watchin TNA now....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Right thats it, im sold.

Gonna start watchin TNA now....

I've been wanting to for ages, if only I could find a bloody way how! :mad:

orestes wrote: »
    I've been wanting to for ages, if only I could find a bloody way how! :mad:

So you dont have sky?

maybe an online stream is the best idea.

I really hope foley could be "the commish" again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

I have every faith that he'll do a great job. I think he will have a large degree of creative freedom. Any creative team would be stupid not to take his ideas onboard. I think he could do a hell of a job putting Abyss over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

What a moron, one too many headshots me thinks.

I know he wasn't diggin the commentary gig, but he could have stepped back from that and still pulled in between $100,000-$200,000 per year, being one of wwe's ambassadors and making the odd Raw appearance.

I have a feeling Foley has taken it quite hard over the last couple of years just how quickly the biz seems to have forgotten him, and how a new generation of fans barely know him. I think this might be his way of trying to prove something.

Edit: I just remembered this, I know there may have been heat over the hole Oklahoma deal, but from what I remember, Foley loved working with russo and vice versa.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Unless he has a huge amount of creative control in his contract

Agreed
    flahavaj wrote: »

The thing is you cant really fully repair knee joints.
    I have a feeling Foley has taken it quite hard over the last couple of years just how quickly the biz seems to have forgotten him, and how a new generation of fans barely know him. I think this might be his way of trying to prove something..
    Edit: I just remembered this, I know there may have been heat over the hole Oklahoma deal, but from what I remember, Foley loved working with russo and vice versa.

He did, they are both New Yorkers and had their best years working with each other.

Anywho TNA has just recorded three weeks of television leading up there September 14 PPV. Foley no compete clause from his WWE contract comes due on the 1st September meaning bacisally he can debut after that point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

So you dont have sky?

maybe an online stream is the best idea.

I really hope foley could be "the commish" again

You don't need sky, it's on Bravo at 9pm on Saturdays, and +1 at 10pm
    Even the PPVs get repeated on Bravo on Saturday mornings around 9am!

Both Bravo and +1 are on NTL, Channel 508

So Foley has gone to TNA? Only thing he's done well in the last couple of years was commentate. Bye bye Westy! :D
    VR!

"Hmm...work 5 days a month, all over creation, and get yelled at...or work 5 days a month, next door to Disney World, and get worshipped..."

"Hmm...work 5 days a month, all over creation, and get yelled at...or work 5 days a month, next door to Disney World, and get worshipped..."

This IS a very good point I dont think Ive seen anywhere else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Actually Disney is quite far away from Universal :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

EdK wrote: »
    Actually Disney is quite far away from Universal :P

Still closer to Universal than it is to New York ;)
    VR!

• Advertisement

Just about

No compete clauses dont even come into it really, his contract would have run out so he is not bound at all after Monday and that would give them two weeks to decide on which way to go before the PPV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

I think TNA would be a far better company to work fro then WWE. They treat there workers a lot better. Verry few WWE wrestlers would feel safe in there jobs. They seem to make big cuts every year or so. TNA rarely cut anyone, if they bring someone in on contact they will stick by them and the talent choses to leave and TNA never stops them.
    WWE works there talent to breaking point (I wish that statement was as literal as it actually is)

yeah this is what mick is signing up for, lots of triips on hulk, spiderman and duelling dragons at islands of adventure next door http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/exclusives/gammraid

Haha the fat seats how embarrassing thee are, you'd thing in America all the seats would be a little bigger damnit

I think TNA would be a far better company to work fro then WWE. They treat there workers a lot better. Verry few WWE wrestlers would feel safe in there jobs. They seem to make big cuts every year or so. TNA rarely cut anyone, if they bring someone in on contact they will stick by them and the talent choses to leave and TNA never stops them.

This isnt really true when it comes to TNA.
    WWE works there talent to breaking point (I wish that statement was as literal as it actually is)

While is for WWE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

Mick Foley will not work enough to make a massive difference in TNA. When he debuts he'll give a ratings boost but after that they'll misuse him , we all know it .

but after that they'll misuse him , we all know it .

story of his last 8 years in the wwe so.........

Haha the fat seats how embarrassing thee are, you'd thing in America all the seats would be a little bigger damnit

Why are people taking shots at him for being a big guy now?

I mean.. does it really matter? He's been busting his bollocks to entertain us for many many years, and god knows how painful its been for him. Is it really necessary to be a prick when a topic comes up about him?

Not trying to start an argument with anyone, but i don't understand the negative replies about him..

I mean.. does it really matter? He's been busting his bollocks to entertain us for many many years, and god knows how painful its been for him. Is it really necessary to be a prick when a topic comes up about him?

Not trying to start an argument with anyone, but i don't understand the negative replies about him..

YOU WANT AN ARGUMENT?! WELL YOU'VE FOUND ONE!

Nah, im jokin.
    ha.

BUT:
    I dont think anyone was getting at him, its just a result of his image as a wrestler.
    It'd be the same if it was kalhi or mysterio or whoever.

• Advertisement

I was actually relating to Senor Foley

YOU WANT AN ARGUMENT?! WELL YOU'VE FOUND ONE!

Nah, im jokin.
    ha.

BUT:
    I dont think anyone was getting at him, its just a result of his image as a wrestler.
    It'd be the same if it was kalhi or mysterio or whoever.

Maybe im just reading the comments wrongly. They just seem pretty harsh to me.

Meh, never mind..

I was actually relating to Senor Foley

Well like i say, i probably just read the comments wrongly. Sorry for going off on you like that.

my bad :(:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

rossie1977 wrote: »
    story of his last 8 years in the wwe so.........
    His work with Orton and Edge was brilliant and really helped both men.

His work with Orton and Edge was brilliant and really helped both men.

For every Orton match there is a Carlito match.

Taken from Wrestlezone.com, so take it with a pinch of salt:
    Mick Foley Says He Has NOT Signed With TNA

08/31/2008 by Nick Paglino spacer.gif
    Mick Foley recently attended a Cleveland Indians game to throw out the opening pitch, and Matt Loder of Letstalkwrestling.com reported that Foley has NOT signed with TNA as of yet. Foley reportedly said "well, I can say that is NOT true, though I may try out a PPV with them." Foley was attending the game through a WWE sanctioned autograph signing and apparently was unaware of internet rumors claiming he was leaving WWE in favor of TNA. Foley's WWE contract is set to expire this Monday, so legally he cannot sign a TNA contract until then even if he wanted to. You can read the entire article at this link.

Is he serious?

No one has said it to him about the rumors?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,920 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Why dont people just get their news from credible soucres unlike some if the sites ye have been using.

Exactly if you havent heard it from me then it aint true. Since when does Keller break news anyway?

Seriously Foley cant talk about the TNA signing until tomorrow, if he has signed.

callaway92 wrote: »
    Why dont people just get their news from credible soucres unlike some if the sites ye have been using.

Hence why i said take it with a pinch of salt, i regularly look up wrestlezone because its still some sort of news.
    rovert wrote: »
    Exactly if you havent heard it from me then it aint true. Since when does Keller break news anyway?

Seriously Foley cant talk about the TNA signing until tomorrow, if he has signed.

Well just remember, you heard it here first ;):p

F4WOnline, last night:
    Mick Foley will be releasing a statement tomorrow regarding his signing with TNA and likely thanking WWE for his last few years in the company.

He will expand upon the TNA deal, but he has agreed to a short-term contract with TNA and will be starting imminently.

Randy/Brock seems to have delayed his announcement, seriously what an attention whore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

rovert wrote: »
    Randy/Brock seems to have delayed his announcement, seriously what an attention whore.
    Seems like a clever move to me. It makes perfect business sense to try and make the maximum impact possible.

• Advertisement

Rovvy, any idea what time the announcement is supposed to be made?

Rovvy, any idea what time the announcement is supposed to be made?

American :pac:

Drum Roll:

http://www.wrestlingherald.com/wrestling-news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1220486164&archive=&start_from=&ucat=2&

Mick Foley's agency issued this to WrestlingHerald.com moments ago:

September 3, 2008 - Statement from Mick Foley on leaving WWE, his future with TNA Wrestling and other opportunities.

As of today, I am a free agent in the world of professional wrestling. I will always be grateful to WWE for affording me so many incredible opportunities over the past thirteen years, but feel the time is right to pursue other endeavors.

This move frees me up to participate in more film, television and voice roles, autograph sessions, speaking engagements, volunteer work, and will allow me the time to start work on a third novel, a fourth wrestling memoir and a new children’s story.

Over the next few weeks I will be working with my management team at Braverman/Bloom Co., Inc. in pursuing a couple of unique investment opportunities.

I can confirm I have had discussions with TNA Wrestling and have come to a short-term agreement. I am very excited about the specifics of this agreement and the potential it holds.

Mick Foley is available for booking through The Gillespie Agency. For
    more information contact Elaine Gillespie (elaine@GillespieTalent.com) or Nola Armstrong (nola@GillespieTalent.com).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭gm1984

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Shaneomac

How long does anyone think its gonna take for vince russo to issue a new face of foley?

Everyone always says how foley was great as the commish.

So why not do the obvious and put him back in that role, like feuding with cornette or something, ha ha.

I found a reason to watch MMA and TNA today, its a very productive few hours :D

Mick Foley and WWE part ways
    Written: September 3, 2008

Three-time WWE Champion Mick Foley allowed his contract with WWE to expire on August 31, 2008. WWE and Foley have mutually agreed to sever businees ties at this time as the former SmackDown announcer pursues other opportunities

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/8001800

Source: PWInsider
    - Former WWE Superstar Mick Foley posted the following on his MySpace page earlier:
    I'm really thrilled at this recent development. Believe it or not I have actually learned how to access a computer - not necessarily use it just access- and I have been reading many of the comments from my friends on myspace. I know some of your feelings are mixed, and I will look forward to addressing your concerns with my next entry which I promise will be soon.

See you at the Impact zone.

Mick

I hope he writes his upcoming books on a laptop and not by hand for the sake of the poor editors, it is 2008 Mick.

Would WWE own the rights to the mankind/cactus jack/dude love characters?

• Advertisement
Advertisement