Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

transfer updates from the grapevine...

Options
  • 27-08-2008 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

Heres what ive heard from a different board i frequent....

Evening Yids and Yidettes,

Today I made a big effort to speak to some other journalists, specifically ones who cover Spurs. I also spoke with the father of a Spurs player and a family member who has contacts with the Spurs board.

- Sir James will verify I am not bullsh*tting.

I am in no way shape or form claiming to be an ITK. I just have access to people who are. Take this how you will, but I know how much you are all desperate to hear what is going on.

I am also aware some of this will blatantly have already been posted on here, clearly some members of the press head to Spurs Od for information.

Pavluchenko: As reported. Fee agreed, Spartak said to be very accomodating, will be completed on Friday. The delay is said to be due to Pav receiving interest from Chelsea and Spurs' reluctance to pay 16 mill. The fee is apparently 15.5mill. We are hopeful of international clearance before Monday.

Arshavin: Was never dead. Spurs broke off negotiations for .... well .... Zenit were being very Spurs-like in making negotiations very difficult. Due to ownership issues, this deal will probably not be sealed until Monday morning. However, apparently a fee was agreed on Monday night.

Corluka: Exactly what has been reported here for weeks. Deal done, Hughes pulled the plug at the last minute. Spurs feel they could take Man City to court, also expected to be announced on Monday. Everyone seems 100% this will happen and possibly even tomorrow or Saturday.

Huntelaar: Very mixed news on this. The players have been told he's a definite possibility and that a fee has been agreed. Wages will be difficult for us though, within the current structure. However, a help in this is that Keane's clause that he'll always be joint top earner is obviously no longer an issue.
    However, the BBC, as reported, spoke with his agent who completely denied. If this one is true, Spurs have done a terrific job in keeping it under wraps.

Veloso: Not a red herring. Was Ramos' number one summer target according to one source. Three people I spoke to today believe a fee has been agreed, they want to keep Moutinho more and he will now not be allowed to move to Everton. Again, he was reluctant to commit to Spurs earlier in the summer.

Berba: His agent was given the greenlight to negotiate with United at the start of the week. The talk is that a fee is agreed, along the lines of 15 million upfront and 13 over the next two years. There are add-ons, which will be spread across his four year contract. Deal is for around 90,000 a week, but Spurs won't allow a medical or his registration to be released until at least one striker signs.

Milito: On a season long loan is a plan B and easy to do. However, there are concerns if he's Premier League class, as Everton have already passed on him.

Woodgate: Did have a dust-up with Berba last week. He called him a c**t and Berbs has been an outcast in the dressing room since.

As I say, take this as you will, journalists have been wrong a lot about Spurs this summer. However, I expect at the very least to sign the two Russians, Veloso and Corluka and I for one would have settled for that after Saturday!

Also fair thee well Lee Young Pyo, a scholar and a gentleman if ever there was one. For me he was always a good squad player.

As I say, I am not claiming to be an ITK, so if you disagree with this stuff, fine, but don't shoot the messenger.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Well Lads, anymore news from any ITK's about our dealings before the deadline !!! Looks like the Arshavin deal is dead, im quietly pleased as I thought the money they were talking about was crazy for him.

Looks like Pav and Corluka could be done by the weekend, anything else solid that anyone knows of.

Will the Bulgarian cnut leave or not ???????

Advertisement