Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The PC Coop thread

Options
  • 28-08-2008 12:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

This thread is a work in motion type thing hopefully the end result will be a ****ing awesome list of coop games that can be played coop-ly ;)

So to start:

Ghost recon 1 with all exp packs.
    Tactical gameplay and team work required possibly the best gaming experience in coop.

Serious Sam 1 + 2 with all exp packs.
    If it moves kill it with up to 8 mates.

Deadly Dozen 2
    Stealth and killing all in one, tough game to play but a possible 16 players cooply which results in a total of 64 players in coop. underated game very good in Coop and is very very hard you will die a lot.

GRAW 1 and 2 and Rainbow 6 Vegas
    Terrible terrible gamplay mixed with a terrible game engine result in not much gaming. Its seems a pc with an 8800GTX isnt enough to run this game and there is no tactical coop based fun involved its run shoot kill respawn.

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2 (the last good one).
    Online with mates there is no better racing game.

SWAT 4+ satetchkoc exp pack
    god damn hard coop gaming. sweet god this game is hard with no matter how many players you have. Worth it tho but ****ing hard.

to be edited.......

kdjac

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

You can play the single player campaigns in Far Cry and Doom 3 (Svens mod) cooperatively. Also, Half Life 2 with Synergy (http://synergymod.net/). Also, the Rainbow Six games have full co-op campaigns. And Gears of War, No One Lives For Ever 2, and...System Shock 2. The ultimate co-op experience is coming soon though, with Left 4 Dead.

Also, the Baldur's Gate series, Diablo series, Dungeon Siege series, Icewind Dale series and Neverwinter Nights series, and Titans Quest for some hack and slash/rpg goodness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Golden Axe. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Red Alert 3 and Left 4 Dead (when they come out, soon) are going to have fantastic co-op gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Red Alert 3 and Left 4 Dead (when they come out, soon) are going to have fantastic co-op gameplay.

Can I get a loan of that crystal ball?

Some stuff i need to find out before it happens, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Gears of War and Rainbow 6 Vegas (1&2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

Swat 4 seconded. Excellent co op so long as you don't mind frustration, or getting tazered in the face by a friend.

I think there's a co-op mode in system shock 2 also, I've yet to try it tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Operation Flashpoint
    Armed Assault
    Splinter Cell
    Faces of War
    Comanche/Hokum
    Dangerous Waters
    Vietcong 1/2
    Mechwarrior 4
    Quake II
    T-72: Balkans On Fire

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

erm... Bubble Bobble

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

WellyJ wrote: »

Tres drole.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nothing beats the Doom games in Co-op. Get the Final Doom episodes, Jdoom and stick it up to ultra violence. Great craic.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

The lego games, Star Wars 1&2, Indiana jones I'm sure support co op via controller

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

whitetrash wrote: »
    Swat 4 seconded. Excellent co op so long as you don't mind frustration, or getting tazered in the face by a friend.

You had it coming!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

WellyJ wrote: »

Nah but I've played a decent bit of left 4 dead last week, and I can say it's probably the best co-op experience I've had outside of bed.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Dawn of War 2 will also have a co-op campaign.

Bionic Commando Rearmed has co-op but not over lan or internet but its still great craic.

Unreal Tournament III has co-op in its campaign.

Hidden and Dangerous and its expansion fight for freedom have co-op but I don't think they work on Vista. Both of them are available for free in a deluxe edition if you search the net for them.

Hidden and Dangerous 2 Sabre Squadron is fully co-op unlike vanilla Hidden and Dangerous 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

VietCong

Not a bad game after a lot of patches, coop maps are best found on the net only 3 with the game : http://www.vietcong-coop.net/site?node_id=6&action=list_data&row=1

Rainbow 6 Raven Shield.
    Excellent game its like Swat 4 with less "policing" and more killings, still tactical tho.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Doom Series, Quake 1 & 2.

Old but great!!!

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I lost weeks to SWAT4, best of the coop's

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Spiderman: Ultimate Alliance

A rather crap single player game that MUST be played with 2 people. It's like Golden Axe or Streets of Rage but with spiderman characters.

It really is coop also, like one of you's uses spiderman to tie up a baddie in web while the other could use, say, Rhino, to charge him while he's held still.

Advertisement