Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help Needed Understanding Cartell Report

Options
  • 28-08-2008 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭

Hi

If anyone could just clear this up for me I'd be grateful.

I'm looking at a 2003 Car, according to the dealer and the listing it has had 2 owners, I've run a Cartell Check and its showing 4 owners, and that i will be the fifth owner (which I'm obviously not going to be happy with)
    Cartell Report :

"IMPORTED No
    NUMBER OF PREVIOUS OWNERS 3 - This is the number of previous Irish owners. If this is your vehicle you are the fourth owner, if you are buying this vehicle you will be the fifth owner.

NUMBER OF OWNERS 4 This number includes the current owner and the previous owners.

LAST DATE OF SALE 18-Jul-2008
    TAX EXPIRY DATE 31-Jan-2008
    DATE OF FIRST
    REGISTRATION
    26-Feb-2003
    DATE OF FIRST
    REGISTRATION IN IRELAND
    26-Feb-2003 "

This is the bit where I get a bit lost, is it possible that the 2nd owner traded it to a dealer who then moved it on into the trade and it was moved again?

"DATES OF SALE
    DATES OF SALE
    18-Jul-2008
    11-Mar-2008
    12-Feb-2008
    14-Apr-2005
    Dates listed may include private registered sales, company sales and
    trade sales

NCT DUE DATES DUE DATES
    25-Feb-2009
    25-Feb-2007

NUMBER OF PREVIOUS
    OWNERS
    3 DATE RECORDED 14-Apr-2008
    Dates listed will be later than the official date of owner change"

Does this make sense to anyone? My thinking (as per the bold large text above) is the car has been passed in the trade a bit since it was traded on the 12th Feb 2008 (12 days after the tax expired), could the next 2 'owners' be trade and therefore they will not have to be shown as owners on the log book? (I have not seen the log book)

I'm not overly worried about it being passed thru the trade, its an very niche car and would be very difficult for a dealer to sell. Its just I'm afriad of having 5 owners on my log book!!!!

It has not been taxed since the original 2nd owner traded it in Feb.

HELP !

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

Ask to see the log book

most likely it is as you assume.. being moved through dealers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

It can also be re-registered so as to be able to tax it,
    For example, i bought a car and taxed it in my name ok at first but then i had to re-register it in my uncles name later as he is the insurance policy holder an the car has to be in his name to tax it, even though i'm still the legal owner,

• Registered Users Posts: 23,368 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Yes im sure its trade sales. Ive seen this with a car my sister was buying. it had a few owner shown in the months before see bought it. she checkd it out with shannon or somewhere at the time and they assured her that they were not actual owners that would appear on the logbook so id say you are fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 NoSummer

Why dont you ring cartell? Im sure they will explain the report details and give you some advice? It does look like you will be the 5th owner though....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,511 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

NoSummer wrote: »
    Why dont you ring cartell? Im sure they will explain the report details and give you some advice? It does look like you will be the 5th owner though....

LOL
    Bit late for that, see date of post:D

Advertisement