Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do Fox News hate Obama?

Options
  • 28-08-2008 12:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

I watch Fox News most weeknights between 1am and 3am for these two programs The O'Reilly Factor and Hannity & Colmes and both programmes are really against Obama apart from Colmes. I would go as far as saying that O'Reilly and Hannity hate Barack Obama. I hope Obama wins the election as it will shut these people up. I also agree that if Obama wins it will be better for our world, McCain has not got a clue on the modern world.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

why does fox hate Obama
    because Fox is the media department of the republican party

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

I cant stand the way they protray eveybody else but themselves as liberal, as if they are the sole bastion of conservatisim.
    I also think moderate conservatives and independants are growing very tired of the same ol fox news carry on. It give them a bad name.

I wonder if McCain will receive the same treatment next week:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Senenpeter

I've noticed that George Hook on Newstalk also hates Obama, whats that all about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

Senenpeter wrote: »
    I've noticed that George Hook on Newstalk also hates Obama, whats that all about?

hook is starting to piss me off lately , the way he talks about how he was a hillary man , you,d think the guy was best buds with them , much as i like hook on rugby , i think hes poor on any other topic , hes also far too slow a speaker to keep you engaged and doesnt ask the right questions , he certainly cant grill politicians like matt cooper

as for the op,s question about fox news , fox news is a propganda machine
    while republicans claim cnn , cnbc etc are liberal compared to fox , in reality the other news networks are only liberal compared to fox in the same way alaska is only warm compared to siberia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

jank wrote: »
    I cant stand the way they protray eveybody else but themselves as liberal, as if they are the sole bastion of conservatisim.
    I also think moderate conservatives and independants are growing very tired of the same ol fox news carry on. It give them a bad name.

I wonder if McCain will receive the same treatment next week:cool:

Yes it will be interesting what these morons say next week especially Sean Hannity. Can't stand this man, really annoys me the way he points at people when he talks to them. Its like he is looking down his nose at them:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Pocono Joe

Fox News does not hate Obama. But they are not in the tank for Obama the way most other Traditional Media outlets are (notice I didn’t say Mainstream, because they are not mainstream at all!). So Fox News asks the tough questions of Obama, and commentate on the issues. Obama refuses to be interviewed by some of the tougher pundits on Fox (something Kerry also did, and later said was a huge mistake on his part in 2004), so they call him out. Sure Fox has a conservative leaning, just as MSNBC, CNN, PBS, NBC, CBS and ABC are liberal leaning. The Democrats will reintroduce the Fairness Doctrine probably next year, effectively destroying talk news radio (conservative majority), whilst ignoring other forms of communication under supervision by government agencies, such Television and Internet (liberal majority). The Democrats believe in free speech, as long as its not conservative speech.

Actually Hillary Clinton said Fox News provided the fairest coverage of the primary, out of all the major news outlets.

Pocono Joe wrote: »
    Fox News does not hate Obama. But they are not in the tank for Obama the way most other Traditional Media outlets are (notice I didn’t say Mainstream, because they are not mainstream at all!). So Fox News asks the tough questions of Obama, and commentate on the issues. Obama refuses to be interviewed by some of the tougher pundits on Fox (something Kerry also did, and later said was a huge mistake on his part in 2004), so they call him out. Sure Fox has a conservative leaning, just as MSNBC, CNN, PBS, NBC, CBS and ABC are liberal leaning. The Democrats will reintroduce the Fairness Doctrine probably next year, effectively destroying talk news radio (conservative majority), whilst ignoring other forms of communication under supervision by government agencies, such Television and Internet (liberal majority). The Democrats believe in free speech, as long as its not conservative speech.

Actually Hillary Clinton said Fox News provided the fairest coverage of the primary, out of all the major news outlets.

Is that you Bill?;)

On a serious note why is it that one cannot perceive a news organisation to be straight down the middle.
    Like compared to Fox News of course the other news networks are going to be liberal leaning but thats like that compared to Stalin, Robert Mugabe is nice guy.

Most of them dont try and be left leaning it's just reality does tend to have a liberal bias:)

Just to balance some things out… An interesting read about the media and Obama made by Ed Rendell – Democrat ("Fast Eddy" as he’s known here), Governor of Pennsylvania, former mayor of democratic Philadelphia, and former General Chairman of the Democratic National Committee.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/michaelcalderone/0808/Rendell_Obama_coverage_was_embarrassing.html

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Fox News does not hate Obama.

o_O

*taps in "fox news obama" into google.

Oooh look first link.

Second...

And here is one of a Fox News presenter suggesting someone kill Obama (which I believe is a crime, as runners get same protection as President during that time).

Her apology for that comment was pretty sarcastic as well.

Oddly enough I can't see this level of fair and balanced reporting for McCain.

So Fox News asks the tough questions of Obama

ROFL.. seriously ROFLMAO. Tough questions like.
    - Is he too popular?
    - Is he not patriotic enough?
    - Is he too black?
    - Does he sound like Hitler?

As for why he won't go on Fox News was because of the whole "Madrassa" BS story from FoxNews. Making it sound he was being trained in some Muslim terrorist camp, when in fact it was just the translation of the word school.

Fox News has long since being anything resembling a news station and to make such a claim would make a Beholder go into blinking spasms even if they made a save vs bull****.

Ah! Bach!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭SteveS

Fox certainly leans to the Right, but as a whole, they don't hate Obama. Billo and Sean are pundits, not reporters. They get paid to express their opinions not report on the news. Hobbes, most of those clips are opinion pieces, not really news. I suppose they could have not aired them, but what would 24/7 news be without "experts" spouting off their opinions?

Frankly, I can't tolerate most 24 hour news channels for any length of time.

SteveS wrote: »
    Hobbes, most of those clips are opinion pieces, not really news.

Thing is, Fox news doesn't distinguish between the two. Can you give an example of "fair and balanced" in relation to Obama which was news on Fox?

Or to make it easier can you point to one presenter?
    I suppose they could have not aired them, but what would 24/7 news be without "experts" spouting off their opinions?

experts? On what? I mean this is a station that just in the last day or so referred to the DNC as the Nuremberg rally. The only expertise they seem to have is getting away with this crap on TV.

fox news exists soley to keep as many voters as possible voting republican so as to ensure the gop remain in power and thus ensure that the likes of rupert murdochs tax bill stays small

all murdoch outlets are identical in tone , those who work on fox are just shills , there not journalists

Actually, I think FoxNews came about due to conservative/republican VOID of balance in reporting and punditry in the radio and television news environment, CAUSED by the liberal leaning traditional news media. That Murdoch sure is one shrewd cookie.

And if you have been following FoxNews over the years, reporters and pundits have switched back and forth between various traditional news outlets (like CNN) and FoxNews.

Actually, I think FoxNews came about due to conservative/republican VOID of balance in reporting and punditry in the radio and television news environment, CAUSED by the liberal leaning traditional news media. That Murdoch sure is one shrewd cookie.

And if you have been following FoxNews over the years, reporters and pundits have switched back and forth between various traditional news outlets (like CNN) and FoxNews.

apart from britt hume and a few couch bimbos , who has switched

also , that old chestnut about there not having been a conservative voice in the news media is nothing but a gop myth , one which has been extremly successfull i might add

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

What time is this guy speaking at tonight anyway? I'm trying to sleep with my girlfriend but don't want to miss it.

Barack Obama will descend down from the heavens and grace us mere mortals with his Democratic acceptance speech at the Barackopolis around 10pm EST, which I believe is 3am in Ireland.

I’ll be switching back and forth between CNN, MSNBC and that evil FoxNews for the coverage.

Almost everyone at FNC. Click here and scroll down to the FNC bios and see for yourself.
    http://www.foxnews.com/fnctv/index.html
    (And you can ignore your couch bimbos if you wish. I get it… Couch Bimbos = Foxy News). And I’m sure if you look up some of the bios of the other news outlet’s reporters and pundits, you will find some that have reluctantly worked at FNC.
    You’ll have to educate me on the meaning of “old chestnut.”

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Who is this McCain fella people are talking about? Here in the UK I think I've seen McCain mentioned once back at the start of the year in a little byline that mentioned he'd won the republican nomination. Since then BBC and in particular Sky News has just been a complete Obamathon. I was almost under the illusion he'd already won the way they go on about him.

have a look at this.
    http://www.foxnews.com/hannityandcolmes/index.html

Scroll down to the Election HQ part. There are 7 vidoes all them then anti-obama. Now why not have 3 of each if its fair and balanced.
    Isn't that the reason to have hannity and colmes in the first place.

Where are the tough questions for McCain from Fox news?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 stretchtex

Pocono, your spot on here. Fox news is the most watched cable news channel in America for a reason.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

americans are stupid?

if you honestly belive that fox news is neutral in terms of republican v democrat , your either stupid or worse a liar , its really that simple

i actually enjoy watching fox news as its quite entertaining and i really like megyn kelly but i never think its anything but propoganda im watching

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

banquo wrote: »
    What time is this guy speaking at tonight anyway? I'm trying to sleep with my girlfriend but don't want to miss it.
    "Trying to"? Oh dear, maybe one for Personal Issues... ;)
    Since then BBC and in particular Sky News has just been a complete Obamathon. I was almost under the illusion he'd already won the way they go on about him.
    Strange you get a pro Obama vibe off Sky News. It's the same company as Fox..
    jank wrote: »
    Isn't that the reason to have hannity and colmes in the first place.
    Yeah, Colmes is more to the left and reasonable, but he always gets overshadowed by Hannitty.

Hannitty, O'Reilly, Mike Gallagher - what is it about these Irish American broadcasters?!

I think some here are confusing pundits with reporters… very big difference. We can go on and on about the slants of FoxNews versus CNN/MSNBC/ABC/NBC/CBS/NPR/PBS, but a competent individual can see each has a particular agenda. If you want impartial political news and reporting here in the states, then CSPAN is your choice. I often watch it on weekend mornings…. But yawnnnnnnnnnn… I need several cups of coffee to get through it! One thing I can say about CSPAN is many of their special guests (other than the big guns) are often very knowledgeable and articulate, but their on camera persona is lacking, which is why I don’t think you see many of them on the regular news outlets.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,259 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

ratinakeg wrote: »
    I watch Fox News most weeknights between 1am and 3am for these two programs The O'Reilly Factor and Hannity & Colmes and both programmes are really against Obama apart from Colmes. I would go as far as saying that O'Reilly and Hannity hate Barack Obama. I hope Obama wins the election as it will shut these people up. I also agree that if Obama wins it will be better for our world, McCain has not got a clue on the modern world.
    Truth.

O'reilly used to be a great guy, many years ago. Now hes full of his own success to the point where he doesnt give a damn about shoving his bias on other people. He cant talk about left wing politics without making them sound dumb delusional and evil. I mean come on bill, you can make a point without needing to refer to people as "koolaid drinking zombies" which should really be beneath him.

On FOX hating obama: Sure. They just hired Huckabee, theyve had karl rove so its no big secret its a right-leaning source of news. Sure when obama critisiced mccains vp pick fox had the subtitle Obama "disses" Mccain's vp pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Hobbes wrote: »
    Thing is, Fox news doesn't distinguish between the two. Can you give an example of "fair and balanced" in relation to Obama which was news on Fox?

Or to make it easier can you point to one presenter?

experts? On what? I mean this is a station that just in the last day or so referred to the DNC as the Nuremberg rally. The only expertise they seem to have is getting away with this crap on TV.

Yes they do distinguish. It's pretty obvious O'Reilly and Hannity & Colmes are not hard news show and opinion related. Shephard Smyth on the other hand is

cooker3 wrote: »
    Yes they do distinguish. It's pretty obvious O'Reilly and Hannity & Colmes are not hard news show and opinion related. Shephard Smyth on the other hand is

Your joking right? I actually watched him interviewing Naomi Wolf and it wasn't anything like hard news at all. After having a go at her, talking across her he lefts her speak her comments then has a go at her instead of the comments she mentioned.

He is not on the mental unstability of say O'Reilly, but to say he is not opinion related is a piss take.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Fox News is known in the States for being conservative, generally supporting Bush policies, and caters to its pro-Republican audience. To say otherwise is naive. It is no surprise that they oppose Obama.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ickythump

jeb bush owns the entire fox network doesnt he? not very surprising that it's right wing...anyone seen the skit the simpsons did on it when marge (i think) was up for election? cant find the clip but funny stuff

Advertisement