Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do Fox News hate Obama?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 dublinmayflower

Fox news is hilarious to watch, I would say it gets a large part of its viewers from open mouthed visitors to the States and Comedy Central viewers who have to keep up with Bill O Reilly in order to follow The Colbert Report.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Hobbes wrote: »
    Your joking right? I actually watched him interviewing Naomi Wolf and it wasn't anything like hard news at all. After having a go at her, talking across her he lefts her speak her comments then has a go at her instead of the comments she mentioned.

He is not on the mental unstability of say O'Reilly, but to say he is not opinion related is a piss take.

You want to link that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Lirange

Dudess wrote: »

Hannitty, O'Reilly, Mike Gallagher - what is it about these Irish American broadcasters?!
    I reckon annoying gimps come from all backgrounds in America.

For balance I give you NBC's Norah O'Donnell. Milftastic.

http://www.zudfunck.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/03/23/norah.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

cooker3 wrote: »
    You want to link that?

You mean you never heard of it?

*taps in google "shepherd smith naomi wolf"

So this is an example of non-opinionated?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you really gotta wonder about the mental state of people who would name their child 'shepard'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Lirange wrote: »
    For balance I give you NBC's Norah O'Donnell. Milftastic.

http://www.zudfunck.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/03/23/norah.jpg
    Wow, she's only 34 - she looks about 10 years older.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Pocono Joe wrote: »
    Actually, I think FoxNews came about due to conservative/republican VOID of balance in reporting and punditry in the radio and television news environment, CAUSED by the liberal leaning traditional news media. That Murdoch sure is one shrewd cookie.

And if you have been following FoxNews over the years, reporters and pundits have switched back and forth between various traditional news outlets (like CNN) and FoxNews.

51Y8ZHW4PDL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

This book was written about people like you...People who harp on about the liberal media, which by default means there is a conservative media. People who harp on about balance, while providing none. People who have no qualms about using dirty tactics, slander, lying, under the guise of free speech. There is no liberal leaning new media, if CNN is what passes for liberal then you have problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

In fairness, Bill was pretty tough on Ms Palin from the get go last night.

Hannity on the other hand, was of course fawning over her.

So he's not too pushed with the idea of women being in positions of power like a country's vice president, or of feminism... as long as they are certain TYPES of women and feminists.

Gotta love the inconsistencies of staunch conservatism...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Hannitty is just laughably funny with his bias as is Cavuto and the disaster zone that is Fox & Friends. O'Reilly though to be fair to him is a lot more moderate than people give him credit for although he does play to his audience a bit too much.

I think his talking points reflect his own personal opinions more accurately than the stuff his producers give him to discuss. His last few comment segments on Obama & Palins experience, Obamas speech, Russia, energy security etc have all been fairly middle of the road and accurate.

To say there is no bias in the other media outlets is naive. I used to watch MSNBC a lot as they generally have good commentators but apart from Meet the Press it's gone downhill into MoveOn territory. Countdown spent the last few months either praising Obama or critisising McCain. They even had Rachel Maddow stand in for Olbermann when he was on hols. It's pretty pathetic to have to try and ape Foxs tactics but for lefties.

On a side note has anyone noticed how good an analyst Karl Rove is? For the right hand man of the Devil he sure knows his stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Have Fox done a piece on the "Obama/Biden" ticket evoking memories of the bearded Saudi?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

• Registered Users Posts: 83,259 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Barack Obama: He Completes Us

Even the liberals are after Obama at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Pocono Joe

This book was written about people like you...

Wow… they wrote a book about me. Would I find that in the Comic Book or the Fiction sections?

You could add this to balance out your reading:
    14693815.JPG

Seriously though… this is a good read for some surprising facts.
    26010793.JPG

Ah Ann Coulter - the feisty, unmarried, childless career woman who believes women's place is in the home minding their husbands and babies.
    :D Aw that is just brilliant!

Overheal wrote: »

something of a similar vein from Hannity and Colmes last month
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2-r3l9Lr-U
    Wow… they wrote a book about me. Would I find that in the Comic Book or the Fiction sections?

[img]hx-xp://images.barnesandnoble.com/images/14690000/14693815.JPG[/img]
    the counter being - > http://tinyurl.com/63aryf
    I'm a little ashamed to admit, I find her slightly attractive in this image though th_coulter_shooting_gun.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Pocono Joe

Yes, that Ann Coulter… the one time stanch Liberal.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,259 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

14693815.JPG
    norbert64 wrote: »
    the counter being - > 51A84JV%2BK7L._SL500_BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_OU01_AA240_SH20_.jpg

Of course if democrats or republicans had any courage they'd be Libertarilions

WizardLionClose.jpg

owned

She's very like a younger Gillian McKeith.

Dudess wrote: »
    She's very like a younger Gillian McKeith.
    most definitely ann_coulter_act16_2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

That's hilarious. The hysteria is such that a cynic, even a Daily Show cynic, cant resist taking the piss out of it. "The story of Barak Obama began 180 million years ago..."
    Ah Ann Coulter - the feisty, unmarried, childless career woman who believes women's place is in the home minding their husbands and babies.

Shes a very clever woman - lets face it, shes made a successful career out of trolling people with ignorance. Id imagine half her customers are people who buy her books only to see "what this crazy bint is writing about now".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Lirange

Coulter belongs in the stable with Sarah Jessica Parker.

Sand wrote: »
    That's hilarious. The hysteria is such that a cynic, even a Daily Show cynic, cant resist taking the piss out of it. "The story of Barak Obama began 180 million years ago..."

That was hilarious. On fox news though, the colbert report the other day was even better "former republican candidate for president, and now works for Fox news-that's how they stay fair and balanced" You can't make that sh!t up.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

americans are stupid?
    Banned. There's being funny, and there's trolling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭RedPlanet

Ok, how about this one.
    American's are NOT stupid.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE
    (this has been posted before)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Fox News does not hate Obama. But they are not in the tank for Obama the way most other Traditional Media outlets are (notice I didn’t say Mainstream, because they are not mainstream at all!). So Fox News asks the tough questions of Obama, and commentate on the issues. Obama refuses to be interviewed by some of the tougher pundits on Fox (something Kerry also did, and later said was a huge mistake on his part in 2004), so they call him out. Sure Fox has a conservative leaning, just as MSNBC, CNN, PBS, NBC, CBS and ABC are liberal leaning. The Democrats will reintroduce the Fairness Doctrine probably next year, effectively destroying talk news radio (conservative majority), whilst ignoring other forms of communication under supervision by government agencies, such Television and Internet (liberal majority). The Democrats believe in free speech, as long as its not conservative speech.

Actually Hillary Clinton said Fox News provided the fairest coverage of the primary, out of all the major news outlets.

Fox is one of the most one sided news stations I've ever seen. I've seen stuff so bad that it wouldn't be outta place coming from an old Soviet TV station.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

RedPlanet wrote: »
    Ok, how about this one.
    American's are NOT stupid.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE
    (this has been posted before)
    Now that I've had a chance to look at the video: banned also.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

jank wrote: »

speaking of himself /\
    http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/09/02/obama-to-appear-on-fox-on-thursday-night/

I suppose this may help steal the RNC's thunder somewhat, but it also opens up a heck of a lot of scrutiny over what he says, and it may drown out the issues regarding Palin.

• Advertisement

That will be one to watch, and he picked the best time to do the show.

Advertisement