Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do Fox News hate Obama?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭whitey1

Problem is you are not giving the context of the comments. Let me try my best to "enlighten" the audience. The big brouhaha occurred when Hillary said something to the effect--so what if Obama is 20 points ahead. So was Robert Kennedy and look what happened to him-ie he was assassinated.

So the people in the clip are basically bashing Hillary for making comments that essentially some crazy people may take on board as a signal to go out and kill Obama.

Unfortunately she said someone may take Hillarys comments on board as a signal to go out and kill Osama (instead of Obama) and joked "yeah the both of them" when she was correcting herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,259 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Even Jon Stewart has turned his back on Obama, and seems to be supporting McCain. He still makes fun of both, but now has dynamically shifted to taking the full piss out of Obama, and shouting "McCain 08!" at random sentence breaks.

....Do snowballs finally stand a chance in hell?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Overheal wrote: »
    Even Jon Stewart has turned his back on Obama, and seems to be supporting McCain.

Really? Seems like he went hard at both McCain and Palin during last weeks shows. Especially on Friday with the Maverick Reformer to Reformed Maverick bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Even Jon Stewart has turned his back on Obama, and seems to be supporting McCain. He still makes fun of both, but now has dynamically shifted to taking the full piss out of Obama, and shouting "McCain 08!" at random sentence breaks.

I doubt it, at least Obama hasn't discarded all policies and self respect (yet) in his bid for presidency. If anything the skits Stewart does on McCain are worse imo, showing how much of a snake he has become. On the other hand, it says on that ultra reliable site wikipedia that McCain and Stewart are friends, so who knows maybe he does support McCain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

All Jon Stewart has ever done is laugh at the absurd. Being funny is his main objective, the republicans and fox are the but of most of his jokes mainly because they give him so much ammo.

The whole obama hype machine has gone beyond absurd at this stage and the daily show has pretty much gone to town on them. The DNC coverage was brilliant. I don't understand how he could've 'turned his back' on obama 'cause he was never for him in the first place.
    I doubt it, at least Obama hasn't discarded all policies and self respect (yet) in his bid for presidency. If anything the skits Stewart does on McCain are worse imo, showing how much of a snake he has become. On the other hand, it says on that ultra reliable site wikipedia that McCain and Stewart are friends, so who knows maybe he does support McCain.

I agree, while i think he used to respect mccain a lot for at least being funny and talking some sense in his appearances on the show. Since Mccain got the nomination though, Stewart has had a lot of fun pointing out his hypocricy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭The Raven.

norbert64 wrote: »
    In other news, what do you think Fox will make of this. :rolleyes:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKGdkqfBICw

It’s not the only Freudian slip he has made. He seems to have gotten a little ahead of himself here :rolleyes::rolleyes:!!

http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/politics/2008/09/06/sot.obama.alaska.cnn?iref=videosearch

• Registered Users Posts: 83,259 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Oh Stewart probably does support him but theres no way in hell he won't take the cheese out of him: if he didn't, and McCain got elected, that would be the end of the Daily Show right there. Just think of how famous he got from covering the Bush Administration.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

It's politics, but it is not journalism.

Seeing as Obama isnt a journalist, I dont see how his political calculations support a charge of poor journalism.
    It is how you challenge those viewpoints. The Richard Dawkins is interview is a very good example. O'Reilly doesn't counter the viewpoint or challenge it, he just stops him from talking.

Likewise with Obama, he uses a loaded question and the tries to stop Obama explaining his answer rather then a simple yes/no answer.

I must have watched a different interview. O'Reilly wasnt assisting Obama with free party political broadcast with nice easy questions and respectful silence whilst waiting for Obama to finish and the que to move on to the next question. He was blunt, was honest in praising what he believed Obama was right on, was honest in criticising Obama where he thought he was talking rubbish.

It isnt the job of a journalist to help stage manage a politicians PR with "interviews", its to give them a hard time, challenge them on issues.

I dont see anything that O'Reilly did that was inconsistent with that. O'Reilly doesnt feel a thrill running up his leg when he hears Obama speak, so his interviews are going to be a little tougher for Obama than what Chris Matthews might offer. Its not a bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

While I dislike O'Reilly, his interviews with Obama have been entertaining. Obama's squirming and O'Reilly's hatred are very clear to see. I'm sure it will be quite a contrast with the soft interview Palin will have this week with Charlie Gibson.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Even Jon Stewart has turned his back on Obama, and seems to be supporting McCain.

Actually you will find Jon makes fun of anyone. He isn't there to pick a side, just to make a comedy show out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

FatherTed wrote: »
    While I dislike O'Reilly, his interviews with Obama have been entertaining. Obama's squirming and O'Reilly's hatred are very clear to see. I'm sure it will be quite a contrast with the soft interview Palin will have this week with Charlie Gibson.

I must have been watching a different interview (seen the first 2 parts so far) but Obama certainly wasn't squirming. And also O'Reilly, while being his ignorant obnoxious self, was actually giving him a tiny amount of respect which isn't like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

You need to get your sarcasm detector checked out. It appears to be malfunctioning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Anyone see the latest Obama interviews on Fox?

Christ Billo can you keep your ****ing mouth shut for 3 seconds and leave him talk and finish his answer. Seriously he is like a 4 year old with ADD after eating half a sugar factory.
    Sure ask some tough questions but i was actually mad at the way he was constantly interrupting him.

But makes sense as Obama will be able to answer everything in very civilized and concrete manner, so his tactic is to just talk over him so he cant finish and take to whole interview to a stupid level.

To those who claim that this is fair and balanced. Have a look first at the o'Reilly McCain interview and then the bush interview 4 years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYDANrOM-XY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMwmnlmj-R8

Advertisement