Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pat Kenny

• 28-08-2008 1:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

I've been watching him on youtube. I'm that bored yes.
    Just wondered what you all thought of him and the late show.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

I don't think he deserves all the bad press and nasty comments he gets but he ain't no Uncle Gaybo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

He is not a very good interviewer. Plays it too safe. And is paid WAY too much for what he does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

He once played a request on the radio for me when he was a humble DJ on RT Hee

MayMay wrote: »
    I don't think he deserves all the bad press and nasty comments he gets but he ain't no Uncle Gaybo.

Your Mrs. Pat Kenny aren't you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Stirling

And let us not forget the all time classic interview where he didn't seem to know who Jerry Seinfeld was - "We wish you the very best with developng your career" or words to that effect to one of the most established stand ups in the world and not to mention star of one of the best TV shows in the world.

I think Dustin and his infinite wisdom should have the last word - "a plank"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Affable

Well, he seems a decent enough chap to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Your Mrs. Pat Kenny aren't you.

LOL I wish. Swoon.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

I think he's great on radio, possibly one of the best interviewers we have in this country along with Sean O'Rourke. Which makes it all the most paradoxical that he's so teeth-grindingly terrible on television.
    Stirling wrote: »
    And let us not forget the all time classic interview where he didn't seem to know who Jerry Seinfeld was - "We wish you the very best with developng your career" or words to that effect to one of the most established stand ups in the world and not to mention star of one of the best TV shows in the world.
    He referred to him as Jerry Seinfield as well, didn't he? Amateur stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

Affable wrote: »
    I've been watching him on youtube. I'm that bored yes.
    Just wondered what you all thought of him and the late show.

i met him, at the late late, was with people who were gonna be on the show.
    Yes he is a complete Plank.Has no clue how to talk to people... total plank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

Stargal wrote: »
    I think he's great on radio, possibly one of the best interviewers we have in this country along with Sean O'Rourke. Which makes it all the most paradoxical that he's so teeth-grindingly terrible on television.

I agree, think he's great on radio, but don't like him on The Late Late Show, not that I thought much of Gay Byrne either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭hoppo254

Shall be meeting Pat later today. Anyone want me to pass on any comments ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

kick him in the nuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Affable

hoppo254 wrote: »

Well I was amazed he could have that immigration debate so frankly.
    You couldnt do that in Britain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

I agree, think he's great on radio, but don't like him on The Late Late Show, not that I thought much of Gay Byrne either.

Agreed on both counts. Kenny is like Gerry Ryan, a radio natural who just shouldn't be on television. Fair play to Joe Duffy, for finding what he's good at and not being vain enough to keep trying TV.

I think people's memories of Gay Byrne are a bit misty-eyed. They leave out the last few years of the Late Late, when he was completely rubbish. He had Alicia Silverstone on just after Clueless hit big, and didn't seem to know what she did for a living. As for the bullying tone he used to take with the phone-in quiz contestants... Yech.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,819 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Good in political convos and serious stuff...Bad when talking with comedians etc..Cringeworthy sometimes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 David15050

the late late show is rtes flag ship show, one of the worlds longest running tv shows, and hes proven hes not good enough for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,096 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I'm pretty certain that all the TV licence dodgers would pay their licence-fees, were the Plank to float off with his vast wad and disappear from our screens. I'm sure that's why most of them don't hand the money over. Who can really blame them? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭celticcutie

hoppo254 wrote: »

Yeah tell him to get a sense of humour and to cry more - the man can't empathaise with people that's his problem.

Great on Current Affairs but not with the peeps and it's all about the peeps folks :D

Advertisement